SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:21 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Apr 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups View Post
Dear Minsoo - trade in means "daegaui ilbulo jegonghada" hope I got it right. I will send you my BB1 + NB1 + sonar and you send me the new BB2 + GPS
Dear Minsoo - will this be an option?
wessiercgroups is offline Find More Posts by wessiercgroups
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
My card reader is dead so the video will have to wait but I had a chance to test GPS functions. All works as expected for the most part. There are some minor glitches here and there where the plane takes a bit of time before it realizes it is off course and repositions itself to its proper heading. I also notice sometimes heading only turns to home after tapping the rudder in either direction and then it is like the plane wakes up and turns its heading to home. I may set up a camera on my TX and a camera viewing the plane at some point then overlay the TX video on the plane video to give more of an idea of what I am seeing here but that is not something I have time to do just yet.

I also went ahead and put the BB2 + GPS on the X8 that I had been trying to get the BB1 and BB1+NB1 to work with. It works exactly the same as the Xcopter with the same yaw issue described in post [ http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1365 ] but the key point is that it actually works unlike the BB1 which I was never able to get to function properly with the X8 firmware.

In a week or so I will try the BB2 on my hexa and see how that works out.

This is video showing altitude hold, stability and normal carefree mode. Not able to get GPS to activate most of the time... Sounds familiar I know :/ I did get it to activate twice now. Once after letting it sit for 10 minutes and another time after flying around a bit then landed. A few moments later GPS LED went solid. I use Trimble and know there is no shortage of satellites at the times I am flying. Generally at night without a cloud in the sky and I have considered interference from outside sources and tried in places that should not have any signals bouncing around. I have also made sure not to be near any GPS blocks. I have moved my RX to the bottom underneath the frame but no difference. I am going to try some copper shielding under the GPS module to see if that helps. Everything else seems to function rather well. I have noticed like with the NB1 that the blue LED flashes at different rates. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow. I assume the flash rate has something to do with signal strength or satellites acquired?

Flycam Blackboard II on x525 XCopter (6 min 42 sec)

Minsoo what exactly does the flash rate of the blue GPS LED mean and also what is the purpose of the green LED on the bottom of the GPS plate?
AsylumET is offline Find More Posts by AsylumET
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AsylumET; Aug 22, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:21 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi

I need your help Mr Minsoo

The results of the test flight outside:

- Altitude hold: not maintained, up and down all the time, about 3 or 4 meters
( I try to change the Gains via the potentiometer) baro is is covered with a sponge.

- GPS hold: led blue fix ok but not maintain the position, when activated moves to the right without stopping. Before changing the values ​​of gain via software (groundstation) this worked quite well
(I do not know if moving the Gain/gps via the potentiometers is the solution)

RTH: when is activated it makes a return but not exactly the starting point (home)

I use the channel six and 3 position swith (off - Gps Hold - RTH) this setup always worked with previous versions, now I'm confused with these variants of Care free (I do not want to use it)

Thanks!!
hi

I continue having the same trouble with maintaining altitude.
with GPS, the gains by default to the latest version and the gains to the table depending to the distances (470), dont working for me, continues to move in other directions when to hold position is activate, same for the return home.

Now in the last test I change the Gains values for Gps, these values ​​are from an older version (v2.1 - see image). Whit this values working much better but not hold in position perfectly, it begins to move from side to side on a radius of 3 to 5 meters from the point where it should be fixed, this can be seen also in the ground station, when the home is marked the quad starts to move around that point. The led blue is fix all the time.

any suggestions??????

thanks!
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:18 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups View Post

Originally Posted by wessiercgroups
....... I will send you my BB1 + NB1 + sonar and you send me the new BB2 + GPS

Dear Minsoo - will this be an option?
hi
I would be willing to make the change, it is possible that option?
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:57 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi

I continue having the same trouble with maintaining altitude.
with GPS, the gains by default to the latest version and the gains to the table depending to the distances (470), dont working for me, continues to move in other directions when to hold position is activate, same for the return home.

Now in the last test I change the Gains values for Gps, these values ​​are from an older version (v2.1 - see image). Whit this values working much better but not hold in position perfectly, it begins to move from side to side on a radius of 3 to 5 meters from the point where it should be fixed, this can be seen also in the ground station, when the home is marked the quad starts to move around that point. The led blue is fix all the time.

any suggestions??????

thanks!
Dear Sir
please refer to GPS gain table
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/naviboar..._GPS_Gain.html
And please set the value based on your plane size

Thanks
Minsoo
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:36 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,582 Posts
Minsoo, any news on my mail??

djvdberg

Thanks
D
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Feb 2011
22 Posts
Need a little help

Looking for help .Not my first rodeo here but bought a GLB (Flycam) blackboard(blue) updated the firmware installed it on a 450 quad but all I get is the motors beeping continuously...the board flashes blue 3 times and then nothing.It won't arm and motors won't quit beeping...have a older flycam red board and never had any issues like this.....I'v searched the web for help but nothing...any incite would be appreciated
Silverwood is online now Find More Posts by Silverwood
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwood View Post
Looking for help .Not my first rodeo here but bought a GLB (Flycam) blackboard(blue) updated the firmware installed it on a 450 quad but all I get is the motors beeping continuously...the board flashes blue 3 times and then nothing.It won't arm and motors won't quit beeping...have a older flycam red board and never had any issues like this.....I'v searched the web for help but nothing...any incite would be appreciated
Not sure how much support you are going to get for that here. It is a cheap knockoff. Notice the board says Multicoper rather than Multicopter. I would suggest going through the manual step by step though and be sure to calibrate your ESCs.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:39 AM
Seoul, Korea
Joined Apr 2005
24 Posts
Are you happy with the BB1+NB1+GPS+Sonar?

All of you happy with the Flycam BB1+NB1+GPS+Sonar?
Did you find the optimal GPS and Attitude gains for your quads?
And your quads fly as THEY advertised?

How about NB2+GPS?
woorie is offline Find More Posts by woorie
Last edited by woorie; Aug 25, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
If the price wasn't out there it might have some purpose. Pricing main FC (the new arm-based blackboard, not talking about ~$20 kkboard clones) around ~90-ish and navi addon for another 100bucks or so would at least win some users.

But when you can buy (supposedly working) Naza+GPS for less than blackboard+naviboard.. yeah...
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:40 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,582 Posts
Multiwii...
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woorie View Post
All of you happy with the Flycam BB1+NB1+GPS+Sonar?
Did you find the optimal GPS and Attitude gains for your quads?
And your quads fly as THEY advertised?

How about NB2 + GPS?
Good question
New flycam with GPS = $380
Naza with GPS = $400

Naza with GPS at this time if good for Failsafe or RTH
Looks like the FLycam will do waypoints, RTH, Carefree
If it works as advertized I would think the flycam would be the better value
I have the Naza & GPS and it works as advertized with out much fuss.
After reading this entire thread it seams like the Flycam is going through birth pains...
Silverwood is online now Find More Posts by Silverwood
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
Questions for Mr. Minsoo

Dear Mr Minsoo,

I have some questions I would like you to answer in detail. We are operating “Small Octocopter” frame 290mm, propeller 8 inch (see attached picture). Blackboard and Naviboard (upgraded barometer) are updated with latest available FW (FlyCam v2.9 & FlyCamNavi v2.3).

Concerning settings in FlyCam Ground Station we have looked for manuals, however the only available table (see attached pictures) does not match the settings to be entered in the FlyCam Ground Station. We have chosen to enter parameters found in the GPS & Attitude Gain table, line 380mm Edge of Prop to Center.

Question 1) Please see attached picture of FlyCam Ground Station and verify whether our settings are correct or if others should be used? I will ask you to comment on ALL parameters, not only those listed in the table......

Question 2) What about parameters set to Zero (0), are they to be changed.

Question 3) Several parameters in FlyCam Ground Station are not listed in any table available. Could you ASAP make tables for ALL parameters to be entered available?

Question 4) There is inconsistency in terms used in different manuals and tables – could you please see to terms being consistent through all info you make available?

Question 5) This question is related to Failsafe settings on RC control. What is your suggestion of best option on Failsafe settings?
Maintain Altitude & Return to Home - or other settings??

Looking forward to your immediate reply.

PS: Other participants on the forum are also welcome to comment on questions or offer their advice, however I hope Mr. Minsoo will respond with detailed answers.....

Regards
Ophtalmicus
Ophtalmicus is offline Find More Posts by Ophtalmicus
Last edited by Ophtalmicus; Aug 25, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
Minsoo, after my email to you and your lack of response after saying you would respond I must assume there is confusion with what I asked so I will ask again.

The blue LED flashes at different speeds sometimes faster than other times. I am assuming this has something to do with satellites acquired or signal strength.

What exactly do the different flash rates of the blue GPS LED mean and also what is the purpose of the slow flashing green LED on the bottom of the GPS plate?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
With the BB2/GPS I covered any possible short points with a non conductive coating on the GPS plate and then I stuck a piece of copper foil tape over the GPS plate and then sticky taped the GPS module to it in the middle of the GPS plate. I went out to my usual field and and plugged in my flight battery. A moment later after I plugged in the accessory battery before even standing up the blue GPS LED on the MCFC started blinking fast. As I stood up it went slow again. I walked away about 15 meters to pick up my TX. The blue LED started to blink fast again then went solid. Armed the FC to set home and throttled up. Take off hover around 10 meters and switch on altitude hold. Slight wind but stable enough in place. Carefree on. Functions as expected within the 20m radius but did not go outside the radius. Enabled position hold which didn't seem to do anything other than start the copter to oscillate and become unstable. Switched position hold off and recovered control. Landed and will try again later but the copper shield does seem to help.

So the blue LED flash does have something to do with the amount of satellites or connection strength as I suspected but it would be awful nice if this were all documented. Still not sure about the green LED.
RCG Plus Member