HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:22 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,797 Posts
I agree, not sure I do, I just need a very stable hover with altitude hold. Position and hold might be nice if it worked well but not necessary.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
lol timecop. if you do long range FPV, I can see the need for RTH. some people want it for position hold, but IMHO, most do a lousy job of it. but may be I am old fashioned and prefer flying it instead of letting auto pilot handle it.
Long range FPV in a quad sounds like a great idea.

Quote:
I agree, not sure I do, I just need a very stable hover with altitude hold. Position and hold might be nice if it worked well but not necessary.
Well, DJI does that quite well.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:10 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,797 Posts
It would be nice if DJI sold the GPS separately.

I thought the KK Blackboard had an option to Alt Hold and that it worked well too?
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
GPS in DJI also has the compass, so it wouldn't make much sense to separate them.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 12, 2011, 02:36 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Maybe you should discuss this in the DJI thread?
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Oct 12, 2011, 05:28 AM
Australia, SA, Second Valley
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
I fail to see why the makers of these products can't just put a plain old text file, pdf. or whatever of SIMPLE instructions to setup these boards in multiple languages to avoid any confusion.
Dingo745 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo745
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:08 AM
Spain (Màlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
please help! with GPS

hi all

I can not get the blue led (GPs) is fixed, flashing all the time. if I'm not doing it correctly the calibration (see video)
any suggestion?

calibration compas & gps.wmv (1 min 20 sec)

greetins! and thanks in advance
enrique
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:29 AM
G2loq Chopper
Montreal - Québec - Canada
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi all

I can not get the blue led (GPs) is fixed, flashing all the time.
enrique
Did you tried outside with no cloud ?
With the perfect sky, it took me sometime 5 to 10 minutes when flying in a new location for the blue GPS light to be steady. Just wait then ;-)

Calibration seems fine !
G2loq is offline Find More Posts by G2loq
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:19 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2005
98 Posts
Excellent translation - thank you!

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q0424lNyoo

Plug in the power to the quad and push the rudder stick to the left for 5 sec until it beeps.

00:25with the front of the quad facing away and lvl, tilt the quad away from you 90 degree, tilt toward you 90 degree, tilt toward the left 90 degree and then tilt toward your right 90 degrees. You will hear a beep after the last tilt.

00:40 Repeat the process once again (tilt away 90, tilt toward you 90, tilt to the left and tilt to the right) and you will hear a two beep.

00:50 repeat the tilt process one last time and you will hear a 3 beep followed by a long beep.

1:00 when you hear the 3 beep plus the long beep, it tells you the process has been completed successfully.

1:15 Lets repeat the whole process one more time. hold the rudder stick to the left for 5 sec

1:20 1st set of tilt and beeps

1:30 2nd set of tilt and 2 beeps

1:38: 3rd set of tilt and 3 beeps followed by long beep.

1:50 now, the calibration is completed once again. now, we should finish it by activating it. (looks like he pushed rudder to the right) when red LED comes on it is completed. Even if you turn the quad, it should hold the calibration.

2:09 Now, if we move the quad to the corner of the office, we will not get a good lock due to it being a poor magnetic location. (editor's comment: probably due to presence of metal or magnetic field)

2:20 even if we take magnetic compass, it read false north in this corner of the office.

2:30 so, when we move the quad back to original location, the magnetometer start to work properly once again.

2:40 In practice, you really should not do the calibration indoor, rather you should find a nice open clear field to do it. where there is no poor magnetic influence.

3:02 so, do you need to do calibration every time you move? well, it depends on the situation. While it is not needed everytime, you should consider recalibrating if you goto a new location.
So that's what's missing in Minsoo's video - the "fine details" Very much appreciated! Lennie
Eagle-Eye is offline Find More Posts by Eagle-Eye
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi all

I can not get the blue led (GPs) is fixed, flashing all the time. if I'm not doing it correctly the calibration (see video)
any suggestion?

http://youtu.be/JDiFLLZJKx0

greetins! and thanks in advance
enrique
I would consider upgrading to v1.2 and redo the cal. also, consider doing the calibration outside in open ground. sounds like gps/cal is bit finicky .
Centurion1 is offline Find More Posts by Centurion1
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:29 AM
Spain (Màlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2loq View Post
Did you tried outside with no cloud ?
With the perfect sky, it took me sometime 5 to 10 minutes when flying in a new location for the blue GPS light to be steady. Just wait then ;-)

Calibration seems fine !
hi
I will try to do it in a open area. That was done in my backyard with clear skies.

Quote:
I would consider upgrading to v1.2 and redo the cal. also, consider doing the calibration outside in open ground. sounds like gps/cal is bit finicky .
I do not know exactly which version I have in my NAVI. I ask Mr. Minso when I ordered... if the Naviboard would come update with the last version. "I said yes".
that's why I made the two ways of calibrating.

thank you both for your help!
enrique!

EDIT: I have a last version FlyCam NaviBoard v1.6 - Separated the buzzer
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Last edited by cafecubain; Oct 12, 2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: FlyCam NaviBoard v1.6 - Separated the buzzer
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:27 PM
Joined Aug 2010
13 Posts
I installed the new firmware 2.3 for the Black Board and the GPS did work. Holds in the range of 5 m
opatiac is offline Find More Posts by opatiac
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:33 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opatiac View Post
I installed the new firmware 2.3 for the Black Board and the GPS did work. Holds in the range of 5 m
Hi,

Haven't seen you post here before, did you have issues before the update as well?

Cheers
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:53 PM
G2loq Chopper
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:

Plug in the power to the quad and push the rudder stick to the left for 5 sec until it beeps.

00:25with the front of the quad facing away and lvl, tilt the quad away from you 90 degree, tilt toward you 90 degree, tilt toward the left 90 degree and then tilt toward your right 90 degrees. You will hear a beep after the last tilt.

00:40 Repeat the process once again (tilt away 90, tilt toward you 90, tilt to the left and tilt to the right) and you will hear a two beep.

00:50 repeat the tilt process one last time and you will hear a 3 beep followed by a long beep.

1:00 when you hear the 3 beep plus the long beep, it tells you the process has been completed successfully.

1:15 Lets repeat the whole process one more time. hold the rudder stick to the left for 5 sec

1:20 1st set of tilt and beeps

1:30 2nd set of tilt and 2 beeps

1:38: 3rd set of tilt and 3 beeps followed by long beep.

1:50 now, the calibration is completed once again. now, we should finish it by activating it. (looks like he pushed rudder to the right) when red LED comes on it is completed. Even if you turn the quad, it should hold the calibration.

2:09 Now, if we move the quad to the corner of the office, we will not get a good lock due to it being a poor magnetic location. (editor's comment: probably due to presence of metal or magnetic field)

2:20 even if we take magnetic compass, it read false north in this corner of the office.

2:30 so, when we move the quad back to original location, the magnetometer start to work properly once again.

2:40 In practice, you really should not do the calibration indoor, rather you should find a nice open clear field to do it. where there is no poor magnetic influence.

3:02 so, do you need to do calibration every time you move? well, it depends on the situation. While it is not needed everytime, you should consider recalibrating if you goto a new location.
Thanks a lot Centurion1 for the translation !I do not speak Korean... yet (hehe) but I did it exactly as you wrote. The video explained well the process... too bad the process did not work for my 2 naviboard. I will celebrate soon my 100 compass and GPS calibration...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 02:16 PM
G2loq Chopper
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opatiac View Post
I just updated my Black board on my Hexacopter to v2.3... and I'am going to my test field right now. Naviboard calibrated... lot of clouds today in Montreal, not sure the blue light on GPS will be steady... Hope so.
Will let you know !

Pierre