Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
let me see if I can redo that vid with better subtitle. or translated audio overlay . I will see if I can capture that video to my pc so I can do that.
Download YousableTubeFix for Chrome extension, then you get a 'download' button for every youtube vid. You can grab the highest quality mp4 and load that into your favorite video editor.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:45 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Or just go to www.keepvid.com
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Which would require installing java and running dodgy applet. Whereas youtubefix is hosted inside chrome.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
or if your using firefox
http://www.bestvideodownloader.com
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:15 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Mauvezin
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
Quote:
let me see if I can redo that vid with better subtitle. or translated audio overlay . I will see if I can capture that video to my pc so I can do that.
Thanks, but my message was for Kim
JiGe is offline Find More Posts by JiGe
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:56 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
lol. well, my last name is kim as well. (about 40% of korean population has kim as last name) I will gladly do a translation if anyone need it, even though I don't have this board. but I live in the states. (since 1975)
Centurion1 is offline Find More Posts by Centurion1
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:49 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Apr 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
lol. well, my last name is kim as well. (about 40% of korean population has kim as last name) I will gladly do a translation if anyone need it, even though I don't have this board. but I live in the states. (since 1975)
Hi Centurion1 - I would appreciate your translations. Especially on the Navi 1.2 beta video. Also the calibration of the GPS and Compass in the Navi manual differs from what Minsoo demonstrates in his video. Perhaps most of my problems stems from doing the calibration incorrectly.
Regards
Wessie
wessiercgroups is online now Find More Posts by wessiercgroups
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:52 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
+1 ^^
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:11 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,771 Posts
Sorry, I'm venting and pointing out the obvious---

I have a Gaui 330X, and another Quad with the Paris Vs3 which I built to learn FPV. All of this is to get to the point where I can do professional AP work with a Multi rotor. While practicing FPV [I'm just getting started] I'm building a Hex and Y6 and researching controllers.

The DJI is interesting and seems to have mixed reviews regarding GPS, same with the HoverflyPro, which also seems to have problems with camera stabilization. For the price $900-$1100 I'd think these controllers would be rock solid.

The Open Source CC board has rave reviews but they can't deliver them yet. I ordered one six weeks ago and it looks like it might be at least that much longer before I get one.

So it seems that there is a good opportunity for the first manufacturer who can deliver a stable platform for AP, especially in the price range of this controller.

I'm not real keen on spending $900 to be a beta tester, but is this one of those situations where "you get what you pay for?" Or do you guys think this controller will be as stable, easy to setup and reliable as the more expensive controllers claim to be?
Av8Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiercgroups View Post
Hi Centurion1 - I would appreciate your translations. Especially on the Navi 1.2 beta video. Also the calibration of the GPS and Compass in the Navi manual differs from what Minsoo demonstrates in his video. Perhaps most of my problems stems from doing the calibration incorrectly.
Regards
Wessie
I will do a quick video timeline written explanation and post it here tonight after i get home. re-editing the video may take a bit longer.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
FlyCam NaviBoard v1.2 - Calibrating the magnetometer (compass) (3 min 39 sec)

Plug in the power to the quad and push the rudder stick to the left for 5 sec until it beeps.

00:25with the front of the quad facing away and lvl, tilt the quad away from you 90 degree, tilt toward you 90 degree, tilt toward the left 90 degree and then tilt toward your right 90 degrees. You will hear a beep after the last tilt.

00:40 Repeat the process once again (tilt away 90, tilt toward you 90, tilt to the left and tilt to the right) and you will hear a two beep.

00:50 repeat the tilt process one last time and you will hear a 3 beep followed by a long beep.

1:00 when you hear the 3 beep plus the long beep, it tells you the process has been completed successfully.

1:15 Lets repeat the whole process one more time. hold the rudder stick to the left for 5 sec

1:20 1st set of tilt and beeps

1:30 2nd set of tilt and 2 beeps

1:38: 3rd set of tilt and 3 beeps followed by long beep.

1:50 now, the calibration is completed once again. now, we should finish it by activating it. (looks like he pushed rudder to the right) when red LED comes on it is completed. Even if you turn the quad, it should hold the calibration.

2:09 Now, if we move the quad to the corner of the office, we will not get a good lock due to it being a poor magnetic location. (editor's comment: probably due to presence of metal or magnetic field)

2:20 even if we take magnetic compass, it read false north in this corner of the office.

2:30 so, when we move the quad back to original location, the magnetometer start to work properly once again.

2:40 In practice, you really should not do the calibration indoor, rather you should find a nice open clear field to do it. where there is no poor magnetic influence.

3:02 so, do you need to do calibration every time you move? well, it depends on the situation. While it is not needed everytime, you should consider recalibrating if you goto a new location.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck View Post
Sorry, I'm venting and pointing out the obvious---
Sorry, but I would definitely not recommend this solution for anything 'professional'. The strange design requiring kkboard underneath, poor board design and layout - like placing magnetic buzzer next to magnetometer, looks like same power supply for all sensors/cpu.... anyhow,, and with all the non-work issues, do you really want an expensive closed sores solution that doesn't work?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:07 PM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,771 Posts
No but it doesn't seem like the HFP or DJI are fairing much better at more than twice the cost.

I don't mind spending more money, but I don't want to spend more for something that doesn't work well.
Av8Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I forgot why do you need GPS again?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
lol timecop. if you do long range FPV, I can see the need for RTH. some people want it for position hold, but IMHO, most do a lousy job of it. but may be I am old fashioned and prefer flying it instead of letting auto pilot handle it.