HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:38 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Mauvezin
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdemon View Post
I don't want to appear negative, but I think this is the only market where you buy full price to be a tester of a product that is sold to be functional but it isn't!
Hope this will not transfer to cars, hi-fi sets, microwave oven etc...
Microsoft?
JiGe is offline Find More Posts by JiGe
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:49 AM
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, nothing works, no lights on the blackboard! I bought the first serie of naviboard (pre-order),with gps and sonar and the last blackboard (mems gyros).
I emailed to Minsoo, he asked me to send the boards back with the naviboard. He has the board for 15 days. I have sent this morning my fifth reminder. No news, no mails
Somebody asked if it's worth the money?
No ! No reliabilty and no service. I hoppe he will respond soon.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:17 AM
Australia, SA, Second Valley
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
The service is shoddy no doubt, and I might be wrong but isn't it Chinese New Years or some other holiday season ?
Just thought I saw a reminder on freight hold ups some where recently.
Dingo745 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo745
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:47 AM
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
Dear customers:

Chinese national holiday is coming (from 1st Oct to 7th Oct, according to Chinese law). All staffs will have a holiday from 1st Oct to 3rd. There will be a few staffs on duty from 4th to 7th, you can place order and submit delivery as usual during this time, but our processing speed may slow down. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused! Thank you for your understanding and wish you a happy time!
Sep 27, 2011
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:48 AM
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
But Korea is not China
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:48 AM
G2loq Chopper
Montreal - Québec - Canada
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo745 View Post
The service is shoddy no doubt, and I might be wrong but isn't it Chinese New Years or some other holiday season ?
Just thought I saw a reminder on freight hold ups some where recently.
I just checked and it was National Fondation Day yesterday in South Korea... I made an order last friday and no shipping yet. Usually, it takes one day even on saturday. Than, everything seems normal... for the moment ;-)
G2loq is offline Find More Posts by G2loq
Last edited by G2loq; Oct 04, 2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:58 AM
G2loq Chopper
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiGe View Post
As far as I'm concerned, nothing works, no lights on the blackboard! I bought the first serie of naviboard (pre-order),with gps and sonar and the last blackboard (mems gyros).
I emailed to Minsoo, he asked me to send the boards back with the naviboard. He has the board for 15 days. I have sent this morning my fifth reminder. No news, no mails
Somebody asked if it's worth the money?
No ! No reliabilty and no service. I hoppe he will respond soon.
We should have start this thread earlier ! I would have never buy 2 navi board if I knew that there were so many problem with it and so, since the pre-order batch;-( I believed what i saw on the video because I was so confident with the blue and black board I already have. A good lesson for the future ;-)
Old Oct 04, 2011, 07:58 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
So what are you, warthox and Minsoo doind differantly??
thats the big question and i would like to know what it is...

ive done nothing special, just followed the manual on minsoo's site and it worked.
the only thing i made before assemble and setting up was uploading the actual quad+ firmware on the kk blackboard.
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Oct 04, 2011, 07:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Kellyville Ridge
Joined Mar 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2loq View Post
We should have start this thread earlier ! I would have never buy 2 navi board if I knew that there were so many problem with it and so, since the pre-order batch;-( I believed what i saw on the video because I was so confident with the blue and black board I already have. A good lesson for the future ;-)
Hi everyone!

I would never bought mine as well! And some of you guys are still lucky to still have it. But looks like it's finally over for me.

The naviboard took over control today, and I couldn't even return it back. I had maybe 10% of control - aileron/elevator stick. Felt like huge expo. I couldn't even stoped it flying away for me.

When I started to loose my quad from my eye sight, I had to cut the throttle and say goodbye to it.

It collapsed so badly on the end of the field right in to the building. I was luck that I didn't hurt any one or damage someone property.

Well, the whole tower with all electronics plus motors completely destroyed, battery smashed etc.

I'll post pics tomorrow. And let me remind you: I had stable red led light, with gps locked. Isolated power distributor plate, external no interference BEC, lifted kkboard, separated buzzer, isolated power from esc, rings - updated firmware and I couldn't even took control over my quad when it suddenly started to flyaway without my command. Spectrum dx8

So, 120% sure I have done everything correct, and it wasn't my fault at all..

And guess what- I'm not buying it again..
evgin is offline Find More Posts by evgin
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:38 AM
G2loq Chopper
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
thats the big question and i would like to know what it is...

ive done nothing special, just followed the manual on minsoo's site and it worked.
the only thing i made before assemble and setting up was uploading the actual quad+ firmware on the kk blackboard.
You are a lucky guy ! Are you using a UBEC and if yes, is it the one Minsoo is selling since 1 week... or an other and where did you plug it ? Motor 1 on the black board with the signal wire of ESC1 ?
And if no, where would you plug it ?
Thanks in advance
Pierre
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:47 AM
G2loq Chopper
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evgin View Post
Hi everyone!

Well, the whole tower with all electronics plus motors completely destroyed, battery smashed etc.
Sorry for your loss my friend ! Sincerely. This big tower against interference is IMHO an aberration ! In case of crash on the top or on the side, mine are heigher than my propeller and are exposed like never ! It is also ugly and not sure it is the best solution for the stability. I feel it is better to have weight and height under the frame not upper but I am maybe wrong.
Instead of adding pcb support, can't we use an interference shield in aluminium for example ?
Ower expensive and not working naviboard will be more protected. Because crash after crash, someone will one day let us know that it is not working because of our crash !
Old Oct 04, 2011, 09:23 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2loq View Post
You are a lucky guy ! Are you using a UBEC and if yes, is it the one Minsoo is selling since 1 week... or an other and where did you plug it ? Motor 1 on the black board with the signal wire of ESC1 ?
And if no, where would you plug it ?
Thanks in advance
Pierre
no, i just use the bec of the escs. i not even cutted 3 of 4 bec wires from the escs.
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:28 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evgin View Post
Hi everyone!

I would never bought mine as well! And some of you guys are still lucky to still have it. But looks like it's finally over for me.
Sorry to hear about that, that's a real bummer!!

In all fairness though, it could have been you're Tx/Rx? how is you're failsafe setup? Let's give Minsoo time to reply, his service is usually good.

I'm allso not very happy but maybe he can change that...
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:23 AM
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
I just have received a message from Kim, he is going to check my boards tomorrow....
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:08 PM
G2loq Chopper
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
no, i just use the bec of the escs. i not even cutted 3 of 4 bec wires from the escs.
yes really lucky guy !!!
As I can see on your pictures you are not using a power board, your ESC cable are solder together to the battery plug, you do not have any PCB support 30 or 50mm... then no ugly tower. Not sure you also did the buzzer separation...
You do not have UBEC and it is working perfectly ! Is it possible M. Minsoo is selling 2 brand of naviboard or have a defective batch ?...

Than Minsoo, let us know why do we need a UBEC as written on your web page and where do we have to plug it ?
Thanks in advance !
Last edited by G2loq; Oct 04, 2011 at 12:18 PM.