HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:30 PM
Propellerhead
Joined Dec 2008
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Burton View Post
Well if you can do the accelerometer initialization perfectly level every time, it's fine. But I can tell you from experience that you shouldn't have to. I am happy about that because it's hard to get your multi perfectly level in the field (of course depending on location).
Ah ok, thx - good to know ... this makes pilots life easier. :-)
leowie is offline Find More Posts by leowie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:56 AM
Aerial Images of Texas
The Texas Gulf Coast where hurricanes come to play
Joined Aug 2003
1,960 Posts
I could use a little advice here gentlemen. I have a flylcam blackboard that just arrived yesterday mounted in my tri and I can't for the life of me get this thing to arm. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've tried to follow the instructions on the website to a T, pun intended, and have searched this board and can't find the answer.
tashley is offline Find More Posts by tashley
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:08 AM
Propellerhead
Joined Dec 2008
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashley View Post
I could use a little advice here gentlemen. I have a flylcam blackboard that just arrived yesterday mounted in my tri and I can't for the life of me get this thing to arm. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've tried to follow the instructions on the website to a T, pun intended, and have searched this board and can't find the answer.
... I think power from UBEC to RX is plugged in wrong. +/- on RX is vertically and not horizontally - isn't it?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:27 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
Quote:
After you've followed all the calibration steps on kkmulticopter.kr (http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=manual), lower your THROTTLE trim one click at a time until holding RUDDER right for 3 seconds arms your FC (ESC confirmation beeps and solid BLUE light on FC).
Chris Burton is offline Find More Posts by Chris Burton
Last edited by Chris Burton; Nov 27, 2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 08:28 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
And yeah, your UBEC needs to be plugged in differently. Have a look at your Spektrum receiver - red needs to go +, black needs to go -. Since you're only using the two wires, you can cut of the part of the UBEC plug that has no wire.

Alternatively, you could just disconnect your UBEC ;-) The BlackBoard works fine without additional juice. I speak from experience. Even my BlackBoard + NaviBoard works just dandy without UBEC, but I use it anyway just to make sure both the FC and NaviBoard get enough power. This leads me to the conclusion that you should try lowering your throttle trim first.
Last edited by Chris Burton; Nov 27, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:25 AM
Aerial Images of Texas
The Texas Gulf Coast where hurricanes come to play
Joined Aug 2003
1,960 Posts
Thanks for the quick response guys. My b.e.c. was installed correctly, the batt port on my receiver is with the pins horizontal with the signal on the left, the pos. in the middle and the neg. on the right. At any rate I got it going but I'm not quite sure what I changed. I just went through the set up procedure for the umpteenth time and low and behold I have a solid blue. I'm a happy man! Thanks again for the help my brothers.
tashley is offline Find More Posts by tashley
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
Here are some more proper pictures. Got some flight videos which I should be able to upload when I get home.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:35 AM
Propellerhead
Joined Dec 2008
255 Posts
Off topic: a manned quattro x-copter or sedecim-copter (?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=L75ESD9PBOw
Last edited by leowie; Nov 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:40 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
Haha, yeah saw that one. Pretty friggin cool. Look at the size of those outrunners.

Also finally got around to uploading footage. Just some basic testing under windy conditions, there is room to tweak the gimbal but very happy so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kl-YyYgjAog

More to follow
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
- sorry, double post -
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:03 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
I have a flylcam blackboard that just arrived yesterday mounted in my tri
The Flycam does not like to decend through its prop wash very much, but is a good flying board. I like mine. Good luck. Scott
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Nov 27, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
And another to test your stomach ;-)

x468 HD Octocopter with FlyCam FC (2.4) & NaviBoard (1.2a) (4 min 30 sec)
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:38 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Apr 2011
67 Posts
Sonar Tests.
Did some sonar test with GS this week-end. I'm most probably mentioning the obvious Ė Over solid ground, like concrete flooring or paved driveway, the signal is nice and steady with no zero dropouts, but moving over lawn the signal drops to zero. So for those who are having problems with sonar and are flying of their backyard lawn, itís not going to work.

I also noticed that the barometer graph and values are very unstable. Up and down like a yo-yo. Iím not sure how Minsoo is using these values to determine the correct height. Iíve play around with the PID values for the barometer, but it has very little effect, purely because the values changes so rapidly. Perhaps Minsoo can explain how he is using the barometer values in his code. Even if you average the values Ė the output is not very consistent.
wessiercgroups is offline Find More Posts by wessiercgroups
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:14 AM
Joined Nov 2011
11 Posts
Hi!

I have an urgend problem.

My hexacopter is really shaky if I lift it up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA7KIta0FM0

What can be the problem here?

Thank you for any advice.
nitramf is offline Find More Posts by nitramf
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:43 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,128 Posts
nitram,

Check if your props are bent or damaged. Has it always flown like this? Also, try lowering all three gains on your Board. Are your motors tightly secured to the arms?

Let us know!