324 Posts
I can prob translate if needed
Centurion1 is offline Find More Posts by Centurion1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I'm surprised he manages to sell a non-working board with CopterControl-amount of components on it + GPS for 4x the price of coptercontrol. And it STILL needs a $120 "black kk-board". So basically a $500 investment for $50 worth of parts, which don't work
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:01 AM
Australia, SA, Second Valley
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
The value of Naviboards just went down the toilet I think.
Dingo745 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo745
Old Oct 03, 2011, 03:15 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Very nice video there!

However, let's just make thing clear, I beleive you are experiencing GPS drift, that might be gain setting.

What you are getting (Drift) and what we are getting is 2 complete different things. When I switch on PH, it actually flies into a direction, with quite some speed, some guys have crashed like this. This used to be north everythime, but now it goes South.

So what are you, warthox and Minsoo doind differantly??

I've got mine mounted an my Quad now, now I can't get the red led to stop flashing when under throttle, it's raised allmost 10cm allready!!
Ok so I'm ok if I drift slowly, thanks for the heads up on that I now have some confidence for my next outing. I also had the Quad fly off at speed when I switched GPS but am not sure whether it was position hold or in return home so I need to test that again.

Like you when I fired my board up for the first time I waited for a long time for the RED LED to go solid but it never did even after several attempts at calibrating compass as the video shows. I then came across the video of Mr Minsoo removing the sounder “buzzer” that’s very close to the compass; I removed main and soldered it to a lead and straight away I got a solid RED LED. I’ve also got a 22SWG aluminium “litho plate” as a shield between the distribution board and the underside of the Black board.

I’ve been powering up my boards with just one of the ESC the rest have been disabled and only the Ground and Signal are connected. “Kirchhoff law of currents”, I’ve got ferrite rings on all my wires as a norm really despite the fact that I’m not using the positive lead now.

I have now fitted a BEC as recommended by Mr Minsoo and from past experience I’ve gone for a Liner and not a switching one. The switching BEC has too much noise for these sensitive electronics I learnt that from my FPV gear. I will assume that the need for a separate power supply to the boards eliminates the fluctuation in the supply that could lead to a drop in certain areas of the electronics? For navigation you really don’t need that it’s like switching on and off? I believe

My black board is the latest one and it is supposed to be ok with the buzzer I think?

I'm able to get a GPS lock in the house!

From the customer service I’ve had from Mr Minsoo I have full confidence that he will resolve this matter, we just need to be patient and share what we find works’.

Regards.
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro
Last edited by Njoro; Oct 03, 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:04 AM
The simplest, the better!
Italy, Europe
Joined Apr 2002
1,056 Posts
I don't want to appear negative, but I think this is the only market where you buy full price to be a tester of a product that is sold to be functional but it isn't!
Hope this will not transfer to cars, hi-fi sets, microwave oven etc...
pdemon is offline Find More Posts by pdemon
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:09 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Well I had a MK and a Shrediquette, and not one of them worked out of the box...

Just the nature of the beast,

@Timecop, we all know you're stuff is the best and cheapest and easiest, give it a rest. Don't spoil you're good rep.

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:54 PM
Kingdom of Sweden, Blekinge County
Joined Aug 2010
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavis View Post
Hello squad friends
A wonder,, Someone who can show you how to connect the bec on a fly cam naviboard,, do not understand how to connect the
I sent you à PM
regards
Bengt
Gredeby is offline Find More Posts by Gredeby
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:01 PM
G2loq Chopper
Montreal - Québec - Canada
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gredeby View Post
I sent you à PM
regards
Bengt
Don't want to share ? ;-)

In fact, the connection of the UBEC, IMHO, should be not on the naviboard but on the black or blue board after removing all the red wire of all the ESC. But, in case that can help, do you connect the BEC on motor 1, 2, 3, free motor ?

I also tried to leave one ESC BEC connected to the black board and to connect a UBEC directly on my receiver (in this configuration, only signal wire came from my naviboard into the receiver)... same result, my quadcopter is still running away after I switch the GPS switch on hold or return to home...
G2loq is offline Find More Posts by G2loq
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:03 PM
G2loq Chopper
Montreal - Québec - Canada
Joined Jul 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
I can prob translate if needed
I will be more than appreciated ;-) Maybe we are missing some beep beep setting translation !
Thanks in advance !
G2loq is offline Find More Posts by G2loq
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
@Timecop, we all know you're stuff is the best and cheapest and easiest, give it a rest. Don't spoil you're good rep.

Dion
I think you got the wrong person.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:32 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
what do you need translated? I will take care of it tonight if you link it.
Centurion1 is offline Find More Posts by Centurion1
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:23 PM
Australia, NSW, Kellyville Ridge
Joined Mar 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
what do you need translated? I will take care of it tonight if you link it.
Thank you, I'm working on it. I'm sure you will help a lot!
evgin is offline Find More Posts by evgin
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:37 PM
Australia, NSW, Kellyville Ridge
Joined Mar 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
Ok so I'm ok if I drift slowly, thanks for the heads up on that I now have some confidence for my next outing. I also had the Quad fly off at speed when I switched GPS but am not sure whether it was position hold or in return home so I need to test that again.

Like you when I fired my board up for the first time I waited for a long time for the RED LED to go solid but it never did even after several attempts at calibrating compass as the video shows. I then came across the video of Mr Minsoo removing the sounder “buzzer” that’s very close to the compass; I removed main and soldered it to a lead and straight away I got a solid RED LED. I’ve also got a 22SWG aluminium “litho plate” as a shield between the distribution board and the underside of the Black board.

I’ve been powering up my boards with just one of the ESC the rest have been disabled and only the Ground and Signal are connected. “Kirchhoff law of currents”, I’ve got ferrite rings on all my wires as a norm really despite the fact that I’m not using the positive lead now.

I have now fitted a BEC as recommended by Mr Minsoo and from past experience I’ve gone for a Liner and not a switching one. The switching BEC has too much noise for these sensitive electronics I learnt that from my FPV gear. I will assume that the need for a separate power supply to the boards eliminates the fluctuation in the supply that could lead to a drop in certain areas of the electronics? For navigation you really don’t need that it’s like switching on and off? I believe

My black board is the latest one and it is supposed to be ok with the buzzer I think?

I'm able to get a GPS lock in the house!

From the customer service I’ve had from Mr Minsoo I have full confidence that he will resolve this matter, we just need to be patient and share what we find works’.

Regards.

Yes, you're right. I've done all what was possible to eliminate interference. Including buzzer relocation, only signal lead from esc, no interference bec, rings, plate with few layers of foil and etc. I'm not having any problem with gps lock or red light to be solid.

But I still can't get quad to hold it's position, it keeps flying towards the same direction.

I would appreciate mr Minsoo to reply in this forum and tell us that he is working on this problem. Not just try to do this or that... Make sure that red light is on... It doesn't help! I know I've done my best and it's not interference, it's Navi board isn't working.

Plus in my mind, the hole idea of gps hold nod rth is opportunity to use FPV gear, and looks like Navi is not going to work properly cause of Rf noise.
To me, it's feels like I wasted my money and lot of time.
evgin is offline Find More Posts by evgin
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:23 PM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
would this work?

http://translate.google.com/#auto|ko|
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:35 PM
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts