Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:21 AM
Россия, Москва, город Москва
Joined Oct 2009
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiGe View Post
I just have received the blackboard and the naviboard from Minsoo for verification
Before installing the naviboard, i wanted to test and tune the blackboard .
Unfortunately, as before, the board does not work.
I'll keep you informed about the service
Tell me, the quality of naviboard is the same as for black boards? Or naviboard has problems only with the firmware?? I noticed not a good trend - most manufacturers (except the MK) produces good controllers, but there is no properly functioning GPS.
slides is offline Find More Posts by slides
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:32 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Mauvezin
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
For the time being it's only the naviboard ............except for me
JiGe is offline Find More Posts by JiGe
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:49 AM
Joined Oct 2009
135 Posts
Twice - bad welding is situable for FlyCam board or Naviboard ? If second - where did you find ESC output at Naviboard ???
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:53 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Mauvezin
Joined Sep 2004
134 Posts
Flycam board
JiGe is offline Find More Posts by JiGe
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:55 AM
Joined Oct 2009
135 Posts
Thx ! May be I'll be one of lucky guy's, whom RTH works well ??? I'll use KKboard v5/5 from e-bay. Problem is at one vertical Murata gyro - Naviboard and this controller doesn't connect firmly
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:42 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,122 Posts
Guys, I would at least wait until the updated firmware before you try your NaviBoard (again). I truly feel sorry for everyone whose multicopter crashed as a result of faulty settings/firmware, but I am confident Minsoo will take good care of everyone. Knowing him, he's probably running extra shifts at night to get the proper firmware out a.s.a.p., hence the lack of communication on this board. Just cut him a little slack, at least until the new firmware is out. The fact that there's a certain language barrier doesn't exactly make it a lot easier for him. Not making up excuses, just something for you to consider. We're all human beings at the end of the day.
Chris Burton is offline Find More Posts by Chris Burton
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:05 AM
Joined Oct 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2loq View Post
You mean the GPS holding position and return to home is working on your multicopter ? What is your setting (motor, esc, propeller, type of multi). How is it working ? Detail please, there is few people here for who it is working ;-)
It stays in a range of how many meter when stationnary ? Coming back fast to home ? Any video ?
Thanks in advance
tricopter; GAUI motor, esc GAUI 10a proppeller 8x3.8, blackboard naviboard 2.3 + 1.2. futaba 8 channel receiver.
everything works was the only condition to verify the calibration of the magnetometer. or no GPS initialization.

it works pretty well hold position. the tricopter is moving slowly out of 5 meters in diameter.
- Altitude hold works very well.
- Return to the house as well mache, I just lower the potentiometer approximately 20% to avoid a return too quickly.

on the radio, I just dropped the roll and pitch of 40%

important: Again, if no calibration magneto, no valid gps.,,,

Minsoo question: Why initialize the gps it depends so much that the magnetometer??
nxm310 is offline Find More Posts by nxm310
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:11 AM
Joined Oct 2009
135 Posts
We're all human beings at the end of the day.

That's good philosophy, but does not justify the loss of $ 380
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:38 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,122 Posts
Slides; I know - $380 is a lot of cash and it makes you wonder if the board was properly tested. Well I am sure it was, just not in every part of the world ;-). Anyway,
I will give Minsoo the benefit of the doubt. He's always treated me well. That's something everyone has to decide for themselves.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:47 AM
Joined Oct 2009
135 Posts
I'm glad your cozy relationship with Minsoo, but that does not excuse substandard and unfinished product
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:53 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,122 Posts
I pretty much said you're entitled to your own opinion, didn't I?

Anyway, I can see where this is going, so nevermind slides :-)

Edit: Cozy relationship?! Haha... what wondrous pills have you been taking? :-)
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:36 AM
Demoted
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Waiou
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
Wow, I should have read this forum earlier ! I just got my kk kit with naviboard and sonar yesterday ! After reading....I'm almost scared to try it ! I sure hope there is some resolution in site....or it looks like mr Minsoo will be getting a lot of returns !
secatur is offline Find More Posts by secatur
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:58 AM
Joined Oct 2009
135 Posts
A similar situation - I got my Naviborad day before yesterday and I'm too afraid to just try it. A lot of complaints, particularly the lack of adequate functioning of the GPS. I believe Mr. Minsoo sooner or later can solve this firmware problem, but if another will be at may be of poor quality assembly of the board - I'm definitely upset!

The same problem was with Xaircraft controller - I like a fool, bought into the advertising and nice video and bought it. In the last days (the last year was at testing software and a lot of crashes) software team create "flyable" firmware. I was very upset by this fact and the second lie make me completely disappointed in this algorithm.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:28 AM
Australia, SA, Second Valley
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
Well when you pay full retail for a car don't you expect that it MIGHT work as advertised ?
Same thing applies here.
I think we are all entitled to be pi**** off after parting with our hard earned cash for a product that at the moment is dubious at best in it's performance.
This fiasco has also made the resale value of the Naviboard = $ ZERO
Dingo745 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo745
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:49 AM
Joined Oct 2009
135 Posts
As a sober person, I understand that buying a car in a specific configuration (well, for example ESP) and in practice is that this function does not work, I believe I have the right to go to court or to demand monetary compensation including non-pecuniary damage. Too bad we can not involve controllers developers to the same requirements and wish they did not bear any responsibility for the their deficiencies. The only way to punish the seller - to announce his boycott and not buy his goods, to establish any appropriate information field on the Internet.

Unfortunately in this case, we have been victim of the deficiencies that were selling for a lot of money. Yes, friends, and in this case, we were beta-testers for our money