HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:53 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
Well I've one 30A Turnigy Plush ESC so I might as well get another 3. I haven't had much luck over the last 2 years with 2 Quads,

I bought a Fie-yu Tech Dream Catcher ages ago that was too stable to fly around, it just kept fighting the controls to stay in the hover but after some complaints from the many customers they did eventually do an update and also it needed 2 capacitors to be removed from the PCB board. It flies better now but I haven't FPV it yet due to bad weather; NAZA was not in existence then.

Testing the X4-Pro with AEE HD set to 720P
http://youtu.be/rPoep-HauSI
Regards
30A was to much for my, it would nibble the flytime down and sinds
my motors only go to 14a max/motor.

Need to find so fiberglass sheets like that quad of yours to make my base plates
Making the arm lighter had also a motor heat problem, made some cnc mounting
plates

Vids looking nice.
Need to find my a 90░ video jack so i can get the video feed from my gopro .
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumET View Post
So I am really running out of options with this. As mentioned before the naviboard still was not responding very well and I stripped back down to the blackboard only. I set everything up, calibrated ESCs, calibrated throttle range. I try to arm the board and nothing. The LED blinks when you plug in the battery and then just the normal ESC beeps you would hear before you arm the board. The RX is lit red and not blinking so I know it sees the TX. I further this by holding up on the elevator/aileron stick which causes the blue LED to flash until you release the stick. If you hold down right on the throttle/rudder nothing happens. I figured maybe it is just my TX and a bad configuration so I tried it with my cheapo GLB blackboard and everything works just fine. The $30 GLB arms and away it goes. Any ideas? Maybe I am overlooking something?

UPDATED:
I just decided maybe I will try updating the firmware. The update ran fine. After completed I directly tried to arm the board. It arms now but now I get the very fast beeps and back to the normal beeps when I disable the board. I then tried this hold the stick on right up till LED starts flashing and it goes back to not arming even after power cycling. In looking at the manual I don't even know what that should be doing as there is no hold right stick up shown for anything on the blackboard without naviboard. I then tried the throttle calibration again and this time it worked. Maybe I wasn't waiting for the full tune to play on the ESCs or something.
HI I am having the same problems, did you finally figure it out? If so please share, I need help. Andrea
AndiOz is offline Find More Posts by AndiOz
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
@AndiOz:
Try to lower your throttle trim.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, tried lowering throttle trim, still will not arm. Really cannot understand why.

Maybe Mr Minsoo can help?

Andrea
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Feb 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiOz View Post
HI I am having the same problems, did you finally figure it out? If so please share, I need help. Andrea
I honestly don't remember what the fix was for that specific issue as I had so many with the FC stuff. I have long since destroyed my FC and decided to pick up a CRIUS instead of throwing away more money for flycam R&D.
AsylumET is offline Find More Posts by AsylumET
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumET View Post
I honestly don't remember what the fix was for that specific issue as I had so many with the FC stuff. I have long since destroyed my FC and decided to pick up a CRIUS instead of throwing away more money for flycam R&D.
Thanks very much for your quick answer. We are newbies and just want to fly a Hexacopter. We feel the AH and PH will help us, because it can take out some of the variables we have to concentrate on as we are learning to fly. If you have time could you please PM me your set up, as it sounds like a simple solution.
We already have heaps of spare Motors, Motor mounts, Props, Bullets. We have a Turnigy 9x and a Wfly WFT07A transmitter. Thanks again for your help HAPPY NEW YEAR Andrea
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cealapa
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
@GeO82... when I buy this board, there was not so many boards to chose.
What is so difficult to understand ?
You pay something that on promotional is presented to You simple to use and efficient.
Go forward and give total trust buying that stuff witch btw..is not some cheep Chinese board that You do not give a S***t if do not work.
I'm not the beginner and seems that I buy the board from the first clients so I have some experience from desperate try to make it work in all this time.
Even if "theoretically" tomorrow will work fine..I still lost looot of time, nerv and money, and I can not be indifferent. I can at least inform the people (witch other do not do it for me before purchasing). I do not consider to do something wrong, because I address to all with respect and good sense, not mention that I still m the owner of the board and try to get some positive function.
So... let see....
After about 2 Years...i have only the naviboard operative but not complete functional. On this moment fly, but is farr faraway from staying still on the point (gps position).
Is like flying with normal cheap board with no gps. I can tell..even worse the can fly single cheep HK board with no lcd (tested).
Mean time... the Naza (just one example) ..for same price ,out of the box.. maintain the position with very accurate precision. I see it live more then 2 times on new nobs pilots.
This happens after about 15 min.
Is still something You find difficult to understand ?
I have loot of passion and activities, I can not afford to trow all those money and loose time , freaking my mind haw to get it out.
If I wanted to do "discovery child" I was trying to build the board my self , and not buying.
I start to build those stuff from the beginning when those boards where not existed and I was working with mobile gyro mounted on tricopter.

BTW..very nice Your motor mount and arms. I was thinking time ago to create those arms, but I was calculate that can be to heavy.
Still I like it.

Happy New Year !
Cosrxn is offline Find More Posts by Cosrxn
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:47 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
hi all

this is a test of stability of the MCFC. I think it's pretty stable similar to NAZA, the RAW video has not gimbal only the GoPro frame direct.

the only problem. I see is the GPS, I had to send mine to Mr Minsoo.

Regards and happy new year!!

peace and love!!

MCFC RAW vs STD (1 min 7 sec)
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:35 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artelian View Post
@GeO82... when I buy this board, there was not so many boards to chose.
What is so difficult to understand ?
You pay something that on promotional is presented to You simple to use and efficient.
Go forward and give total trust buying that stuff witch btw..is not some cheep Chinese board that You do not give a S***t if do not work.
I'm not the beginner and seems that I buy the board from the first clients so I have some experience from desperate try to make it work in all this time.
Even if "theoretically" tomorrow will work fine..I still lost looot of time, nerv and money, and I can not be indifferent. I can at least inform the people (witch other do not do it for me before purchasing). I do not consider to do something wrong, because I address to all with respect and good sense, not mention that I still m the owner of the board and try to get some positive function.
So... let see....
After about 2 Years...i have only the naviboard operative but not complete functional. On this moment fly, but is farr faraway from staying still on the point (gps position).
Is like flying with normal cheap board with no gps. I can tell..even worse the can fly single cheep HK board with no lcd (tested).
Mean time... the Naza (just one example) ..for same price ,out of the box.. maintain the position with very accurate precision. I see it live more then 2 times on new nobs pilots.
This happens after about 15 min.
Is still something You find difficult to understand ?
I have loot of passion and activities, I can not afford to trow all those money and loose time , freaking my mind haw to get it out.
If I wanted to do "discovery child" I was trying to build the board my self , and not buying.
I start to build those stuff from the beginning when those boards where not existed and I was working with mobile gyro mounted on tricopter.

BTW..very nice Your motor mount and arms. I was thinking time ago to create those arms, but I was calculate that can be to heavy.
Still I like it.

Happy New Year !
Well i can understand the frustration, but the naza was also not in production back then.
PID tuning is difficult, i had to make formulas and caculation last year that worked
on my nerv thats why i know. All i can say is that i got the BB v2 and the MCFC+ navi to work also but needs some tuning.

Yes i also saw the naza flying great. also crius,multiwii,....
Sinds a friend saw my quad ,he is all stoked and hyped but he is not buying any of
the FC out there,Sind he cane program he uses the arduino.

But another question how did you connect the HK board to the navi?

glad you like them,maybe cf would be better but have to start somewhere,
the ones in the pic are 10x10x1 - 205mm long - 25g weight. Before they where 15g, wen doing a mechanical
calculation in Pro E they where structural not fine and would bend very easy, also less material guides vibrations, so back to more solid

I am also getting my F450 quad ready but it so crappy weather here in belgium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi all

this is a test of stability of the MCFC. I think it's pretty stable similar to NAZA, the RAW video has not gimbal only the GoPro frame direct.

the only problem. I see is the GPS, I had to send mine to Mr Minsoo.

Regards and happy new year!!

peace and love!!

http://youtu.be/TFqbYuGEQHA
The raw footy is looking realy good, your still flying he.

Did you get the new gps module yet?

Grtz
Happy New Year !
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Last edited by GeO82; Dec 31, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:20 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post

The raw footy is looking realy good, your still flying he.

Did you get the new gps module yet?

Grtz
Happy New Year !
hi
the flight is made with 0 wind, the weight is fairly balanced (1.6 kg). I trim after takeoff to keep position more or less.
I have not received the GPS module yet

Regards!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:15 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Here is a short video . it was a little windy and I didn't even do initial calibration for the day. it flys pretty good regardless. my night flights seem to be better.

MCFC quad daytime flight.AVI (5 min 29 sec)
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:01 PM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
MCFC stability and duration of flight.

hello and happy new year
I leave a video where I test the stability and duration of flight.
weight of the quad (not onboard camera) 1.5 kg and 3S 5000mAh battery

no gps, original PID, V1.0

I've seen some of your videos and I see a balancing movements (x,y) is particularly acute while trying to fix this whith the stick. I saw this most remarkable blackboard + navi, now with the MCFC is reduced. (see video)

this is just my observation, maybe this wrong.

Regards!
MCFC Fly test (15 min 33 sec)
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:07 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
With mine. I think the foam body and that the props are not balanced. is causing some of the fluctuations. also I have not fully trimed the copter. but in the video I just made I wanted to do a daytime flight to show it flying pretty good with not being trimed and not balanced. actually yesterday was one of the worst flights I had with it. most of the time the copter flys dead on. I really have no complantes. with the MCFC.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:30 PM
Cealapa
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
@GeO82...I connect the kk board with Naviboard true wires.
This why I write in some post that I loose space, not being able to connect the 2 boards like the originals one (blueboards or blackboards).
Like You already know, the kk and the naviboard have the same connectors type. I buy some servo cables and "broke" the plastic on one side to transform them in male pins.
The positions off the wires are the same on both board like You connect to board together one over other.
If I can find the gyro, I will put back the blueboard, hopping will work.
Cosrxn is offline Find More Posts by Cosrxn
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Flycam Black32(wii)

Has anyone on this thread flown with the very new FLYCAM Black32(wii)
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:31 AM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
It seems mr. Minsoo decided to build his own plate with open-source code to continue earning money without any questions about its reliability. Must we take leave of MCFC?
djyen is offline Find More Posts by djyen