HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
warthox - As always I love your builds. and as for everyone using the MCFC control board. I have noticed alot of people having issues.and very few getting it to work right. I just want to say I had a few issues with the one I built for my Neighbor, but they were mostly knowing which switches needed to be in there respective positions. I ended up picking up the quad from my neighbor as he rather fly his helis and planes. and he put around 10 flights, and I have 5 flights on it and with the stock settings it gets a GPS lock every time. granted on the first flight of the day it takes about 2-3 minutes to get the lock. the only issues I am having is with the quad wanting to compinsate a bit in the hight hold setting. but I figure it is just some software adjustments. I have one flight that I videoed when it was first built, if i get a chance this weekend and I am feeling ok, I will try to get another video of the flight and the gps hold. and a shot of it RTH as well. I will say it is a good board it is not perfect and does over shoot a bit from time to time. But i am happy with it.for the guys having issues. give Minsoo a chance. he has helped me a good bit. and he is a great guy. I am sure he will do what he can to get as many flying as possible.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
warthox - As always I love your builds. and as for everyone using the MCFC control board. I have noticed alot of people having issues.and very few getting it to work right. I just want to say I had a few issues with the one I built for my Neighbor, but they were mostly knowing which switches needed to be in there respective positions. I ended up picking up the quad from my neighbor as he rather fly his helis and planes. and he put around 10 flights, and I have 5 flights on it and with the stock settings it gets a GPS lock every time. granted on the first flight of the day it takes about 2-3 minutes to get the lock. the only issues I am having is with the quad wanting to compinsate a bit in the hight hold setting. but I figure it is just some software adjustments. I have one flight that I videoed when it was first built, if i get a chance this weekend and I am feeling ok, I will try to get another video of the flight and the gps hold. and a shot of it RTH as well. I will say it is a good board it is not perfect and does over shoot a bit from time to time. But i am happy with it.for the guys having issues. give Minsoo a chance. he has helped me a good bit. and he is a great guy. I am sure he will do what he can to get as many flying as possible.
Amen to that!!
GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkis_jackson View Post
Has anyone found out the correct way to program the 20A FlyCam ESCs?
It says to program it by the manual, but there isn't one so it's kind of tricky.

Mine are working fine, but I would like to be able to reprogram them if needed.

Also, I've changed all the four FlyCam 925 motors since three of them got to much axial play, and the rear bearings had puked out all their grease :/
I remember some time ago mr. Minsoo gave me this manual:
1. throttle range
no beep within 3 seconds.

2. Brake on/off
.. ..

3. Battery type/ Number of Cells
LiPo 2 cells -- -- -- -- --
LiPo 3 cells --- --- --- --- ---
LiPo 4 cells ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
LiPo 5 cells ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
NiCd Auto sensing - - - - -

4. Low Voltage cutoff
Reduce Pwr _* _* _* _* _*
Hard cutoff *_ *_ *_ *_*_
Ignore _** _** _** _** _**

5. Motor Direction
Change direction W W W W W W

6. Motor Start Acceleration
Soft Start VV VV VV VV VV
Hard Start V V V V V

7. Motor Timing
Auto - - - - -
Low (7-22 deg) -- -- -- -- --
High (22-30 deg) --- --- --- --- ---

8. Switching Frequency
8kHz \ \ \ \ \
16kHz / / / / /

9. Restore defaults
- - - - -

10. Active RPM Control
Off _*_ _*_ _*_ _*_ _*_
20,000 _**_ _**_ _**_ _**_ _**_
50,000 _***_ _***_ _***_ _***_ _***_
100,000 _****_ _****_ _****_ _****_ _****_
we recommend the 3cell lipo and 925motor and 10*4.7 fits properly.

In my case I understood following:
Each time you can program only one option at once. Just listen to the whole progamming option melodies and select the option which you need by pushing the throttle stick while the melody which means this case is playing. Then you will quit programming mode automaticly, and chosen option will be stored. If you need to program something else, repeat whole this again.
djyen is offline Find More Posts by djyen
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Twin Copter Firmware

I am building a twincopter with my son. It is a replica Avatar Scorpion gunship we are having problems with uploading the firmware. Does anyone know of a step by step instruction on the installation? Also if anyone has built a twin copter and have any lessons learned and or recommendations we would be greatly appreciate. Thanks Chris
VikingUAS is offline Find More Posts by VikingUAS
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Hi all
we have released the MCFC firmware V1.1 and FlyCam Ground Station V1.5
features
VTail Copter, PusherX Copter, Pusher X6Copter Added.
please refer to link below
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.ht...=mcfc_firmware
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/naviboar...on/publish.htm
User who FlyCam Ground Station have installed already, click "FlyCam Ground Station icon" and install automatically.

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:15 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingUAS View Post
I am building a twincopter with my son. It is a replica Avatar Scorpion gunship we are having problems with uploading the firmware. Does anyone know of a step by step instruction on the installation? Also if anyone has built a twin copter and have any lessons learned and or recommendations we would be greatly appreciate. Thanks Chris
theres a pretty good manual about fw update and setup for every board on minsoo's site: http://www.kkmulticopter.kr
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingUAS View Post
And what do ya mean with uploading problems?
-Blackboard, MCFC board, NAVI board?
-Dont have connection to upload?

grtz
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:27 AM
A noob but learning
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
kk blueboard and flycam Naviboard GPS not able to lock?

Hi there, I had hoped my first post would be a success story, but I have spent the last 2 days reading hundreds of pages trying to find a fix for my lack of GPS fix. It's my first Hexacopter build, and although I think I've ruled out most things I'm worried about the flycam Naviboard GPS module itself. I am hoping someone with more experience or Mr. Kim himself might be able to shed some light on my problem.

Here is the issue. - when turned on, I do have a blue flashing LED showing at the GPS. Unfortunately it never goes solid, or speeds up etc. In the ground station, no satellites are found at all....ever. I have tried inside, outside, and all over, but despite 30 minutes of waiting in each location, no satellites.
I have checked the wires as demonstrated in the videos in the thread, and that checks out just fine.
I have flashed many different firmware versions to see if that made a difference, and it did not. I have also used 2 different control boards as well, so no probs there. I'm sorry to ask, but I have seriously hit a wall and really need some ideas.

Is there any other way to test the GPS module? I also notice that there is a small battery on the module. Does this ever need to be changed? this unit is new, but was in storage for a long while. I have also read some posts about location being an issue? I am in New Zealand if that helps.

thanks in advance for any insight you may have.
cheers.
Neuf
Neuf is offline Find More Posts by Neuf
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:22 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Hi, I don't have the answer but I've seen the same behaviour when I first received my new MCFC board which arrived a couple of months back with firmware 1.1 loaded.....which has only just very recently been released on the website
No matter what I did, I could not "see" any satellites at all, indoors or outdoors, even after long periods, like you. The blue led just flashed slowly throughout.

I then "downgraded" to MCFC version 1.0 and straight away picked up 7 satellites indoors, no problem ! The MCFC has worked well ever since.

I haven't reloaded 1.1 yet but may do just to see if it works now.

I've not removed the GPS battery, so don't know what voltage it should be but think its only to improve the time needed to acquire.....maybe someone else knows more about this ?

Have you tried emailing Mr Minsoo? He's always replied to any I've sent.

Cheers Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
I would say. for now stick with the ver 1.0 on the MCFC. Mine has been flying really well. and locks gps every time. Hopefully Minsoo can shed more light on the 1.1 ver.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jul 2012
126 Posts
Hi i am from Belgium and got my board a month ago already with V1.1 so never used V1.0

Did ya calibrated the compas, i could also not get any gps signal til i got that calibrated right,
if something is wrong with the gps module you wont get a flashing or solid blue light.

After that was done i could get 6-7 sats inside and 9-11 sats outside.

MCFC flycam Calibration (5 min 46 sec)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:25 AM
Cealapa
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
I buy the blueboard and naviboard 2 from more the one Year, and still having problem and block my projects.
Only few month ago , I see that one gyro was broke and finally gett off.
I trow away the blueboard on the box and use the green HK board (no lcd version) connected with naviboard.
First issue ...is the space I lost because of the wire I have to use for connection.
Even fallowing all info, still not success to hover in place. The alt hold seems to be ok, even if still oscillating a little, the sonar seems to have no reaction.
The red led sometimes start to flash (intermittent) when I raise the throttle more then about 30%.
On gps position hold, nothing happened.
After loot of time, patience and money lost..I'm a little tired.
If I can not make it hover in place like he should , I think I will get the Naza.
I see the Naza live, out of the box flying like a charm.
Even on the example of those that are happy with naviboard, I see that is still not stable on position like others control board.
And if I calculate haw much I pay for the naviboard + options at the beginning, when was more expensive...+ 120 taxe... I pay more then buying complete new Naza.
Sorry...but I'm to frustrated only when I imagine all this, and I see one useful board on the box.
Cosrxn is offline Find More Posts by Cosrxn
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
same situation.
i got the navi from way back.....wasted so much time, effort and $ and still unable to fly stable as shown in Minsoo's vids. then had it replaced with navi2 - same situation and my hexa flipped on me few times - very dangerous!

gave it up ang took the rabbit route - wow, so easy! much more with the naza i guess - will try that soon as well.

now there's mcfc but i still can't see a video that shows a stable platform. what's next?
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
If you go a few pages back I made a video with the mcfc snd it flys pretty darn good.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:14 PM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
If you go a few pages back I made a video with the mcfc snd it flys pretty darn good.
a ok, can you post the link i can't find it...thanks.
btw, can you fly it with all tx sticks released - and the craft is holding its position? i want to see that!

cheers.
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot