all test gps (1 min 30 sec)
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
I'm Back

Hi all

It's been nearly 2 years since I posted on the Black board and Navi, I read most of the posts to try and catch up with you all. I had the same issue with my ground station as every one has, but I seem to have fixed it some how and I'm not sure how.

Having been reluctant to flush a working board firmware V2.1 until I was sure of where we are at; I eventually flashed it to V2.3 and every thing started to work in the ground station. I noticed that after I got 9 satellite lock in the house I was able to view goggle map with my home location; only after I armed the board, the board is not set to the (write mode).

The only thing now is that when I flew the copter it's drifting back and to the left and although I can use about 3 clicks of trim I'd like it to be more hands free; also when I throttle up the copter tilts forward which it never used to do in V2.1. I noticed that the Roll gyro reads -2 which clears to 0 after initializing but then returns to -2 after power-down.

I have a question, I see there is a PID GPS table now in the manual; I’ve measured my copter which is 350mm so do I take the PID readings and write to the board are these tested parameters that work?
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
I had a this issue the other day, and it seems to be the read write switch on the Navi ; I threw the switch on and off fully and I got my GPS LED back. It may be the same problem?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:48 PM
Spain (Mālaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
I had a this issue the other day, and it seems to be the read write switch on the Navi ; I threw the switch on and off fully and I got my GPS LED back. It may be the same problem?
hi Njoro

I've done that, besides having reinstalled the firmware. unsuccessfully!!

another question about my problema:

when I turn on the board (MCFC) and rapidly active GPS Switch I dont have a blue LED light until the board is disabled......is that normal?????

please see the video
Gps problems (0 min 18 sec)
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:42 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
Hi cafecubain

I thought the easiest way is to make a video of how mine works, am on the early black board and Navi flashed with V2.3. Notice how quickly I lock Sats' it's all in real time I've moved the GPS antenna on top of the plastic lid and then mounted it on a stork. I'll be testing this set this morning.

Flycam Black Board,Navi LEDs.wmv (4 min 24 sec)
Firmware V2.3

Arming.
Move and hold the rudder stick to the right for 0.5 seconds and the sounder will beep and the Red LED will light.
This operation arms both the multi-copter board and the NaviBoard at the same time.
At the same time, the NaviBoard Red LED and multi-copter board Blue LED light up.

I hope this is of some help!

Regards
If the LED does not light up on either the NaviBoard or multi-copter board, then disarm and try arming again.
If only the multi-copter board’s LED does not light, lower the throttle trim a little and try arming again.

5th channel: Maintain altitude (2 position switch on, off)
6th channel: Autopilot by GPS (3 position switch, (0) Free Flight, (1st’) Position Hold, (2nd’) Coming Home)
7th channel: Tilt servo
8th channel: Roll servo
9th channel: changes return to home mode (2 position switch, fixed heading, and turn heading to home)
A minimum of 6 channels is required to operate the NaviBoard. We recommend the use of an RX with 9 or more channels.

When you plug in the power, the following beeping alarm will sound. If any flight mode switch is in its’ active position, the alarms are as follows:-

- In the case of the throttle stick being up (Red LED light’s)
- In the case of channel 5 being active or forgotten in “maintain altitude” position. (Green LED light’s up)
- In the case of channel 6 being active or forgotten in “Position hold” or “Coming Home” (Blue LED light’s up)
- In the case of channel 9 being active or forgotten in “turn heading” (Red LED light’s up)
Last edited by Njoro; Dec 02, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
Flycam Navi v2.3

fw v2.3 says "Fixed kick up when Yawing", i want to know what exectly that means, including explanation and complete details of fw revision.
please note that i'm skipping fw rev. 2.2 as it doesn't offer clear explanation as well.

in fw revision 2.1:
Added the feature

1. In GPS position hold, when the multicopter move by the transmitter stick, the location of the multicopter was changed to hold it in place.
It can be moved to the desired by the stick location after position hold.
All trim except of throttle trim should be located in the center.
If you have a lot of trim, should be maintained horizontally through the stick centering or initialization of accelerometer.

2. Carefree has been added.(2'nd position of 9channel, middle position)
the information about carefree explain in more detail below

3. During carefree the heading always toward to home has been added. (3'rd position of 9channel, On)
This feature is only possible if it has not been set waypoint or follow me function.
In addition, itis only active if more than 20m away based on the location of the home, it is the same as the general carefree within 20m.
When this function operates,the aileron stick decide the direction of rotation and the elevator stick decide the distance to the home.
Therefore, if the camera is mounted, the multicopter is always looking at home and can get to rotate images.
the rudder can be controlled manually while using of this function,but the multicopter look at home again when the rudder stick to the center.

4. It has been stabilized the attitude control when take off.
Yaw control that was operated before take off is controlled after take off.
If the yaw control is started after take off, a buzzer will be sound one beep.
To control stable, had better get into the hovering mode more than 1m take off as soon as possible.

5. Arming is turned off automatically after landing.
During the flight, Arming do not turned off, even if the throttle stick move to bottom. please be assured.

6. It can be used the altitude hold feature before take off.
If turn on the altitude hold after arming and take off, will be started the altitude control
The buzzer will be sound when turn on the altitude hold function before arming.
If the altitude control is started after take off, a buzzer will be sound one beep.
To control stable, had better get into the hovering mode more than 1m take off as soon as possible.

7. During the altitude hold, the width of the height change along the height by moving of the throttle stick.
The throttle reflects largely at high altitude and the throttle is reflected small at low altitude.

Deleted the feature
1. When coming home the ability to maintain heading, delete the Home.

Introduce newly added carefree features.
First of all,user who haven't read the post below, please read that

Introduction to general carefree
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=carefree

Introduction to GPS carefree
http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.ht...a=gps_carefree

To enable carefree, should be assigned to 3'rd position switch of 9th channel
1'st position(Off) is the free-flight mode (Carefree Off)
2'nd position(Middle) is carefree On mode
3'rd position(On) is waypoint or follow me mode
If this mode is not enabled, will be the function that the heading always toward to home during carefree.

In 2'nd position of 9th channel at v2.0 (Middle), the function that turn heading to home when coming home.
But, In v2.1, this feature deleted and replaced by carefree.

from above, my understanding is that the coming home which was a feature available in fw v2.0 was replaced by carefree. does that mean there's no coming home feature anymore?
v2.3 says 3rd pos of ch9 is waypoint/follow me mode but if it's disabled, heading always toward home during carefree.
question, how will you disable this? if you are not in pos3, you are likely in pos1 or pos2 - how come it says heading always toward home during carefree.

really i'm confused everytime i read your instructions Mr. Minsoo.

i want to know - is the return to home feature available or not?
if it's available how do you set it up?
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:34 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
[QUOTE=ikotikot;.

from above, my understanding is that the coming home which was a feature available in fw v2.0 was replaced by carefree. does that mean there's no coming home feature anymore?

really i'm confused everytime i read your instructions Mr. Minsoo.

i want to know - is the return to home feature available or not?
if it's available how do you set it up?
[/QUOTE]

Coming home is still available but before, the copter could be made to turn to point towards home, now it just returns to home pointing whichever way it was when the command is given.

Cheers Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
o thanks Don.
but in my case with the navi2, pos3 ch9 never brought my multi back to take off point, and it never was holding it's position in a position hold.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:44 AM
Spain (Mālaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
Hi cafecubain

I thought the easiest way is to make a video of how mine works, am on the early black board and Navi flashed with V2.3. Notice how quickly I lock Sats' it's all in real time I've moved the GPS antenna on top of the plastic lid and then mounted it on a stork. I'll be testing this set this morning.......
hi Njoro thanks for your help!

The procedure is the same but the board is different (MCFC) and the firmware also.
The GPS blue LED should light since the borad is armed and this does not light (and I have no working gps) .

Mr Minsoo help
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:05 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi Njoro thanks for your help!

The procedure is the same but the board is different (MCFC) and the firmware also.
The GPS blue LED should light since the borad is armed and this does not light (and I have no working gps) .

Mr Minsoo help
Hi cafecubain, I have tried various actions to simulate your problem but the only way I've found, is to disconnect the GPS unit. If you are sure your cables and connectors are ok, maybe you should send your MCFC and GPS boards back to Mr Minsoo for test / repair. He sorted a problem I had with my earlier Naviboard straight away, with no charge.

Don

I
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post
Hi cafecubain, I have tried various actions to simulate your problem but the only way I've found, is to disconnect the GPS unit. If you are sure your cables and connectors are ok, maybe you should send your MCFC and GPS boards back to Mr Minsoo for test / repair. He sorted a problem I had with my earlier Naviboard straight away, with no charge.

Don

I
hi Don,
did you get your board up and flying already, please post vid showing position hold with your Tx on the ground and show also the coming home feature.
thanks.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:40 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikotikot View Post
hi Don,
did you get your board up and flying already, please post vid showing position hold with your Tx on the ground and show also the coming home feature.
thanks.
I'll try and get a video but work & weather mean it will probably be some time next week before I can fly again,

Incidentally in post #1553, you mention 3rd position of ch9 but "coming home is achieved with 3rd position of ch6 (2nd position is "position hold").

Cheers Don
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined May 2008
69 Posts
Don
Sorry, you're right, 3rd position of ch6.
as i've said, we tweaked on the pots and all things but it won't hold its position, won't come home.
thing is, it flips on its own - very dangerous.
cheers.
Last edited by ikotikot; Dec 04, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:59 AM
Spain (Mālaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post

Don

I
Hi don9f

thanks for the comments!

This is my second board giving me problems (first the NAVIBOARD + gps) and now the MCFC.+ gps

I was interested in the system because running with GPS, but is problem after problem.

I'm seriously considering returning it and money back
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
Having come back to this Flycam copter after more than a year it seems that the problems are still growing, any way I now realise that the new Navi II board is completely different from the first one. The firmware download does not specify whether it’s for Navi1 or 2? Has Navi 1 been discontinued? I’d better re-flash back to V2.1.
Now am not sure if V2.2 is for Navi 1 or not? Mr Minsoo or any one else that might know?

Regards,