HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:29 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo Kim View Post
Dear Sir
On the ground station map, there is the position the latitude and longitude "zero".
if you want to mark the home position, please try arming your plane.

Thanks
Hi Mr Minsoo

The problem is not the location on the map, the problem is that the GPS does not work, no lights the blue LED. only illuminates when is activated by the switch on the transmitter.

see video and please tell me what should I do another test???

GPS MCFC dont work (0 min 55 sec)

thanks for the help!
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Sint-Truiden
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
Hmm the blue led even blinks went the gps board is not connected.

But i got my quad back assembled and al setup again, did just a little take of outside in the dark
with default settings and fly right away level,got gps lock but have to try this first during the day.
here is my quad copter.

GeO82 is offline Find More Posts by GeO82
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
Hi Mr Minsoo

The problem is not the location on the map, the problem is that the GPS does not work, no lights the blue LED. only illuminates when is activated by the switch on the transmitter.

see video and please tell me what should I do another test???

http://youtu.be/x5B-T2b_GiU

thanks for the help!
Hi, I understand the problem you are describing but don't know the answer. The only thing I can say is that mine will exhibit the same problem if the GPS is not connected properly.

I know you said earlier that you'd checked the cables but are the sockets / connections / tracks on the pcb all ok ?

Cheers Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Hi all.
I have some question for script error of waypoint.
Does anybody have the same problem ? or to solve the error ?

Thanks
HI Mr. Minsoo

I have the problem with script error in groundstation.
I live in Northern Norway and I think this is a contryissue.
I have postet two times before in this tread about the problem,but I got no answear that can solve the problem. I have tryed in Windows XP.Vista and 7,and different iexplorers but still the same problem.

Thanks Frank Meyer
Frank Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Frank Meyer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:46 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
Hmm the blue led even blinks went the gps board is not connected.

But i got my quad back assembled and al setup again, did just a little take of outside in the dark
with default settings and fly right away level,got gps lock but have to try this first during the day.
here is my quad copter.
Hi GeO82

I also thought about that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post
Hi, I understand the problem you are describing but don't know the answer. The only thing I can say is that mine will exhibit the same problem if the GPS is not connected properly.

I know you said earlier that you'd checked the cables but are the sockets / connections / tracks on the pcb all ok ?

Cheers Don
hi Don

I have reviewed and checked the connections, and I see no problems, also I see that under the plate of the compass a green LED that blinks ok

This brings me crazy, has been from one day to another and I had not touched anything....

thanks for the helps!!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:49 AM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Waypoints in Groundstation

Hi,
I think I have solved the problem with the script error. It seems that GS (Groundstation) uses by default '.' as decimal seperator. As for other parts of the world (Norway Sweden etc) user ',' as decimal seperator.
A quick fix for this is to change your decimal seperator in regional setting in windows. Controlpanel->Regional settings->Additional Settings->Decimal symbol. Set this to '.'
As an fix for this Minsoo should change the GS to accept both, based on regional settings for the computer (I've done this often in windows software, easy to do).
Pepsi
___pepsi___ is offline Find More Posts by ___pepsi___
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
Hi al,
Didnt had any problem yet with the script error on both laptop and desktop in windows 764bit.

@cafecubain
Did some checking here, and the blue leds stay off wen i disconnect the flycam board from the MCFC.This also happens wen i disconnect the GPS module from the flycam board and then the green led underneed the flycam blink short twice.

So what i conclude is if your green led underneed flashes short twice your gps module i done or connectione between flycam and gps is broken.NO blue led

If the green led is flashing like a normal 1 2.something is wrong with the flycam board, solders,wires,who knows....so you have no communication between flycam and MCFC
there for NO blue led.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
Concerning waypoint entering and script error

Hi all,

The problem with the script is only appearant when/if your settings in Windows in Local Settings uses "," as separator, but if your settings are "." separator all works fine given parameters are as in norwegian setup. This parameter is different in Windows in different language/geographical areas. If everything works fine (only a problem whith this when you try to enter waypoints in Ground Station (GS) to fly a preprogrammed GPS route) then your default settings probably use "," as separator. If you run into problems when trying to enter waypoints try to change this parameter as described above. When all parameters are set as in Norway (Scandinavia) this change solves the problem. However the best thing to do is if programmer (Mr. Minsoo) reprogram a little. It is easy to make the program (GS) read parameters in regional settings in your windows setup, and allow them to be used/accepted as valid parameters. If the program is designed this way it should work with all windows configurations.

As it is designed now, using norwegian parameters it will not work without changing this parameter as described.

Good luck to you all.

Regards Ophtalmicus
Ophtalmicus is offline Find More Posts by Ophtalmicus
Last edited by Ophtalmicus; Nov 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:06 PM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeO82 View Post
Hi al,
Didnt had any problem yet with the script error on both laptop and desktop in windows 764bit.

@cafecubain
Did some checking here, and the blue leds stay off wen i disconnect the flycam board from the MCFC.This also happens wen i disconnect the GPS module from the flycam board and then the green led underneed the flycam blink short twice.

So what i conclude is if your green led underneed flashes short twice your gps module i done or connectione between flycam and gps is broken.NO blue led

If the green led is flashing like a normal 1 2.something is wrong with the flycam board, solders,wires,who knows....so you have no communication between flycam and MCFC
there for NO blue led.
hi

This is the green LED (below plate compass / gps) see photo
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
72 Posts
Yes that one.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ___pepsi___ View Post
Hi,
I think I have solved the problem with the script error. It seems that GS (Groundstation) uses by default '.' as decimal seperator. As for other parts of the world (Norway Sweden etc) user ',' as decimal seperator.
A quick fix for this is to change your decimal seperator in regional setting in windows. Controlpanel->Regional settings->Additional Settings->Decimal symbol. Set this to '.'
As an fix for this Minsoo should change the GS to accept both, based on regional settings for the computer (I've done this often in windows software, easy to do).
Pepsi
Hi All,and thanks to pepsi

GS now runs like a dream with no error
No problem to set waypoints anymore

Thanks Frank Meyer
Frank Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Frank Meyer
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Good to hear Frank. Let me know how WP flight works for you.

Cafecubain: Are you sure that the GPS cable is firm in place? seems from the picture that stick a bit out.
Pepsi
___pepsi___ is offline Find More Posts by ___pepsi___
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:13 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
hi

This is the green LED (below plate compass / gps) see photo
Dear Sir
if the green led blinks, it is OK. the GPS module is normal.
the green led blinks and it quicken. if GPS get more 6 satellites,
the led is fixed.
first, please plug a GPS cable out and reconnect.
And please check above status outdoors.

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Hi,
Pepsi
Dear Sir
Thank you for your posting
we have reviewed our program several times but can't find problem for script error.
we don't know it is different between Europe and our country for standard.
Thank you very much for your supporting
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:49 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Good to hear Frank. Let me know how WP flight works for you.

Cafecubain: Are you sure that the GPS cable is firm in place? seems from the picture that stick a bit out.
Pepsi
Quote:
Dear Sir
if the green led blinks, it is OK. the GPS module is normal.
the green led blinks and it quicken. if GPS get more 6 satellites,
the led is fixed.
first, please plug a GPS cable out and reconnect.
And please check above status outdoors.

Thanks
Hi
Yes!, the cables are in good condition , I removed and placed several times, I tried outdoor several times but the blue LED does not light

later, I'll put a video of the test...

thanks for the help!!!