HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:54 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Once bitten.....

Well, personally I will have np ordering from BH or anyone else for that matter who can acquire BOTH the product and the supporting parts. However, I absolutely will NOT purchase from anyone unable to support the purchase with after the sale nor will I ever be foolish enough to pre-order a product again.

All lessons hard learned.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:06 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,401 Posts
FMS would do well to be distributed by Horizon. It would be a win win. FMS would get undoubtedly the best customer service around along with wide distributorship. Thing is the PZ and Eflite line would need a price adjustment if they still wanted to compete. Who ever takes the next US slot would do well to let the customer choose their own shipper. Alot of these birds and parts could ship cheaper through the USPS. Especially parts. Pete's vids are coming out daily. You can tell he's stoked about the product. If he could limit what he sells to the cream of the crop we'd all be better off.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:00 AM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,225 Posts
FMS going with HH will definitely improve their (FMS) presence in the market, by wider distribution of models and parts through local hobby shops.

On the down side will be much, much higher prices than what we have been used to seeing from BH.

There will be a transition period as the market adjusts to higher price levels, after all the importer (HH) needs to make a profit as well as the LHS retailer.
easyrider604 is online now Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:10 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,493 Posts
I don't know about the higher prices , BH makes a good mark up , don't kid yourself .
I would like to see HH get it , it would be the first legitimate USA distributor but then again you may be right on the cost , the eflight retracts are three times that if there generic equals
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:42 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
HH would be shooting themselves in the foot if they distributed FMS.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:28 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,617 Posts
Yeah so much of HH's product line competes with FMS they would be undermining their own market position by teaming up with FMS.

Hobby Town not a bad option, they have the network of stores and are established. If you were to give me my choice of distributors it'd be either BP Hobbies (they have the long tenure and know the market) or Heads Up RC (imagine Heads Up quality customer support and shipping speed with FMS birds).

And while I'm dreaming I'd like a pony.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:30 AM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
I think you're more likely to see Hobby-Lobby than Horizon. HL has also had great CS for as long as I have used them and although their pricing may be a bit higher than BH, the excellent CS is more than worth any difference IMO.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:35 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,735 Posts
I was informed by FMS this morning that HobbyTown was being considered as another US dealer. That would work out great having a local LHS's to buy from. I have displayed a couple of my FMS 1400 planes, "Auntie Sam" / P-51, my Corsair, and the B-25 there, and they're had great responses.

Gary
Sandancer is online now Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:51 PM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,854 Posts
FMS Dealers Down Under.

Unfortunately for us, only one company has "Exclusive" import rights and, despite the fact that I like them, they won't hold spares. If you want spares, you have to order and wait 3-6 months for their next container to arrive.

I had been relying on Phillip from PW-RC, but due to issues already discussed on this thread and others, Phillips parts are rapidly dwindling.

In Oz, we need there to be a ready supply of parts because we do have accidents and need parts.

When I need to make repairs, I want the parts as soon as possible....not in 3-6 months time.

As far as the models themselves is concerned, we have had to 'Pre-order" then wait the 3-6 months to get them. Not an ideal solution.

They call Australia the " Lucky Country" but when it comes to getting a reliable supply of FMS models and parts....we are the ugly freckle faced red headed kid in the game who never gets the ball.

Geez, when the Stuka came out, many of you had crashed and repaired your models many times before we even had them in country.

My mate Ray was the first in Oz to have the P38 'Marge' only because he ordered from PW-RC. Months before they were on the shelves here.

You are all correct in what you say. There MUST be competition, thus providing us with access to the models and parts at a reasonable retail price.

As far as this Corsair is concerned, I have not heard of anyone having it here yet.

Rob
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,057 Posts
It takes at least a month for the containers to get here, that's why the delay is there. Then they have to sort it and divide it up to the other shops. Personally I will always order from Hong Kong as even with EMS shipping the price is still cheaper than local.

They might think they have exclusive import rights, but a few months back when getting a factory price list from FMS I was asked if I wanted to be an importer to Australia too.

I don't want the customer hassles, so I quickly declined
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:51 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
On a quick flying note, I flew her into a fog-bank today (My depth perception betrayed me, I thought the fog was further away from the field than it actually was) and just about had to have a "RIP #3, now I need #4" post!!

DOH!!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,711 Posts
Cheezussss!!! You must have killer fog wall!!!!!
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:33 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
Stupid fog has been around all day not burning off where I live. I wanted to get some flights in since a bunch of storms are set to come in and sit around for a week or more. Typical November here.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:08 PM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
On a quick flying note, I flew her into a fog-bank today (My depth perception betrayed me, I thought the fog was further away from the field than it actually was) and just about had to have a "RIP #3, now I need #4" post!!

DOH!!
Mate, did you crash it, or ALMOST?
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post

DOH!!
So did you have to change you pants?
easyrider604 is online now Find More Posts by easyrider604