HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
373 Posts
then you know Brick NJ for sure they live there and it is a summer resort for me wife and son ... I love watching the fast boats zooming around with jet ski's full of activity haha.... In one of the pictures, ( bad speller) The Mantoloking bridge. I drove his 32ft searay under it and that is scary itself... especially like I mention FAST boats leaving wakes . Freaks me out with the boat jumping around haha. Glad your family is safe as well. My son is treated at Point Pleasant where the rides (probably not there anymore) every year..... maybe you too as kid?. It is depressing to know it might not look the same.....

back to plane talk... Do you break your planes (1700mm)down to travel with?
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:58 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,461 Posts
Aros -" This is the best tracking plane I have ever flown in all my 8 years of flying"
From what my dad ( who flew corsairs in WW2 ) tells me this sounds just like the real thing.
Well done with the maiden. 3rd time lucky!
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:34 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,922 Posts
I found that to be the case with the FMS 1400mm version as well , its a just a great rock steady flyer
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:44 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,313 Posts
Yep, went to the Brick Computer Science Institute back in 1993...Lived all around there, Toms River, Seaside Heights, Brick, etc...Small world!

I don't break my planes down. I have a Ford Expedition and with the back seats folded down I can get my 1700MM planes in there sidways. Just barely fits.

Kaikokid, wow, how cool about your father. I bet he has some stories!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:24 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Just got back from sortie #2...
When read these 1st words of this post this is how i looked. Lol! Congrats on a great maiden and many more great flights. Now start the production line FMS!!!!

Oh ya no video?
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:25 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,313 Posts
LOL!!

Yeah, yeah...

Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:04 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,922 Posts
I am excited to get my hands on one of these !! , Do we have a USA distributor yet ?
One last note on Brick NJ--- great hockey teams , we would drive up from Pa to play , very difficult teams in the area , boys that made it into the NHL !!!
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:09 PM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Apr 2005
74 Posts
Quote:
Just got back from sortie #2...Even better than the maiden. With more confidence I was on the sticks pretty good. High rates, no tanks...Flew much zippier than with tanks as you can imagine. This is the best tracking plane I have ever flown in all my 8 years of flying.

Both in the air and on the ground. Landing was too easy. Full flaps, chopped the throttle to idle and let her glide in. A touch of ground effect but I kept the nose down and she landed without a bounce. Bliss!

I took off on the pavement at my school this time but landed her on the soccer field. The field is wide open in all directions so it's perfect for when you are getting acquainted with a new plane. On pavement, I was taxing her back to my car and I was amazed at how she rolled perfectly straight without any rudder input! Now THAT is a first for ANY warbird I've ever owned. Wow!

Off to the LHS to grab some OD to paint my missiles. Happiest I've been in a long time!
Congratulations on the maiden Aros, glad to hear things went well this time! Hopeully I can maiden mine soon!
orvel is offline Find More Posts by orvel
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:18 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
LOL!!

Yeah, yeah...

Congrats on the sucessful Re-maiden of #3...lol. Glad everything worked out great.

Now I just need to get one I guess.

So.....When are you sending one for a Paint Job make over and detail out like you said before a while back???? HUH????
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:22 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
My Next one will be the new ME-262, but I've heard a few quality issues and horror stories about it from the individual?????? that called me and is currently and supposedly? ringing it out for testing.....Yea.?

My FMS FW-190 will be here Monday
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:32 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
My Next one will be the new ME-262, but I've heard a few quality issues and horror stories about it from the individual?????? that called me and is currently and supposedly? ringing it out for testing.....Yea.?

My FMS FW-190 will be here Monday
I'll be joining you on that Freewing ME-262. That's my priority plane right now!
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Oct 2007
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3 View Post
Sounds like fun dude, us on the northeast coast envy you right now for sure.... the wind is relentless here after the hurricane

I truly hope FMS keeps the 1700mm series also.... when I can afford one..... P-47 for me
not much better here in the midwest either. Wind was rarely calm basically all summer. Couldn't believe how many days in a row we had winds in the
20-25mph range. Didn't fly much this year at all.

But I did pick up the P-47, it's a beauty. Just make sure you get the V2 retracts and the updated prop hub (same as the F4U-4)
jayxer is offline Find More Posts by jayxer
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
@ aros

Quote:
Here she is! Looks like the weather is going to cooperate for a maiden! Crossing fingers that there is no other "hidden surprise" and she survives without incident!

If not? Then I am taking up knitting.
Just simply stunning! Glad the first few flights went well for you. Congrats!
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:24 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
263 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger.... I am just waiting for the wife to see the bank account, $145 speedpost to alaska was the hardest to digest. I'm gonna have to tell the wife the Aros factor pushed me over the edge.
KaptnKurt is offline Find More Posts by KaptnKurt
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKurt View Post
Well I pulled the trigger.... I am just waiting for the wife to see the bank account, $145 speedpost to alaska was the hardest to digest. I'm gonna have to tell the wife the Aros factor pushed me over the edge.
cool rotating retracts with skis.