Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:39 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,924 Posts
If I owned a hobby shop all my kits would be used because I would not be able to keep from "un boxing " them all
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
LE MANS, France
Joined Oct 2010
249 Posts
About color scheme, I flown with the 1400mm Corsair in Blue (Navy) and in Grey (Marines). I In Grey, it is much easier to see than the blue.

Ldm, I agree with you! I focus to not fly all planes I unbox, but it is very very hard!

Chris
HLC SHOP is offline Find More Posts by HLC SHOP
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:01 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,313 Posts
Chris, was that with the new hub or old?
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:08 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC SHOP View Post
About color scheme, I flown with the 1400mm Corsair in Blue (Navy) and in Grey (Marines). I In Grey, it is much easier to see than the blue.

Ldm, I agree with you! I focus to not fly all planes I unbox, but it is very very hard!

Chris
Nice looking plane. Good job Chris
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:45 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,924 Posts
Great job Chris , I also have the white 1400 version , no issue seeing the plane in the air
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:04 AM
LE MANS, France
Joined Oct 2010
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Chris, was that with the new hub or old?
Hi, it is the old hub. It is difficult to adjust the blades.
New hubs are coming very soon.
I'll keep you inform asap.

Chris
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:36 AM
LE MANS, France
Joined Oct 2010
249 Posts
I just get the news from FMS: New hubs have been send to dealers.

Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:03 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,764 Posts
Great video, but my French is very rusty
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:30 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,734 Posts
Nice work Chris, I enjoyed it......you're a bad man Very itchy mouse finger..
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,313 Posts
Okay I received these new hub photos from FMS. All I have is the descriptions that came with them. Here they are...

"It is made of special material and it is much stronger than before. The position of screwing on the new hub is thicker and deeper."
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Apr 2005
74 Posts
Quote:
Okay I received these new hub photos from FMS. All I have is the descriptions that came with them. Here they are...

"It is made of special material and it is much stronger than before. The position of screwing on the new hub is thicker and deeper."
Aros, should be receiving mine anytime soon from RC-Castle! Looks that dimension thickness -wise there's quite a difference and should definetly be stronger!
orvel is offline Find More Posts by orvel
Last edited by orvel; Oct 29, 2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Misunderstood post!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:08 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,313 Posts
Looks good from the photos...As long as the hub is away from that cowl and dummy engine, we should be good to go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:59 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,313 Posts
I got my new 1700 Corsair today. They sent me the new hub with two spares which was nice. However, the material used still looks like the same material. Maybe this was a first-run mold using the new mold but not new material? I sent them an email to ask about that. Since the photo they sent me clearly shows a new material being used. Maybe that is future production material.

I think these should be okay as long as I get that added few MM's separated from the cowl/dummy engine.

I also sent them a photo of the damage I have now noticed on all 3 1700 Corsairs that have been shipped to me so far. It's always in the same place. On the port-side elevator, bottom side. It's a packaging issue clearly so hopefully they will fix that so nobody else has that damage when they order the plane.

I'll be out in my garage putting her all together if anyone needs me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Apr 2005
74 Posts
Quote:
I got my new 1700 Corsair today. They sent me the new hub with two spares which was nice. However, the material used still looks like the same material. Maybe this was a first-run mold using the new mold but not new material? I sent them an email to ask about that. Since the photo they sent me clearly shows a new material being used. Maybe that is future production material.

I think these should be okay as long as I get that added few MM's separated from the cowl/dummy engine.

I also sent them a photo of the damage I have now noticed on all 3 1700 Corsairs that have been shipped to me so far. It's always in the same place. On the port-side elevator, bottom side. It's a packaging issue clearly so hopefully they will fix that so nobody else has that damage when they order the plane.

I'll be out in my garage putting her all together if anyone needs me.
Aros, I still haven't received mine even though Raymond at RC-Castle already shipped it, maybe it has something to do with the storm we had here in the NE. Anyway, did they send you screws with your hub? Just wondering!
orvel is offline Find More Posts by orvel
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2011
233 Posts
Out of curiosity I sent an email to BH asking when they planned on stocking the new 1.7m Corsair. They responded that they had no knowledge of a new 1.7m Corsair from FMS. However they assured me they could send me a 1.4m Corsair.

I did respond that there was a 1.7m Corsair available from other named sources but it did not change their second response!!

Oh Well-- I tried. :-(
dmyers0403 is offline Find More Posts by dmyers0403