Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
this is partly why I haven't flown the P-47 lately....after hearing about the last prop strike and the cause....been working on that and a solution for a while now, and rigging her for "Berdini" sound....YES...she has sound now, same as Brian's...and wouldn't it sound awsome mine and GOT in tandem together in a low swooping straffeing pass (Woody Material )
Would sound sweet!
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:17 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,318 Posts
Hey guys, I just got this response from FMS tonight...(I edited for grammar).

"...I am very sad about your loss because of the bad design of the hub spinner. It is a sad thing to know it and it is a must for us to modify the hub. To solve this problem, we have redesigned the hub yesterday in a short time and sent the drawing to the molding factory already. We have to wait about 8 days to get the new hub but we will push them to speed up and finish it. The new Hub design is much better and stronger than the previous one, moreover, the material will be better than before. I feel sorry and shamed for your loss, we have decided to send you a new F4U PNP to you after the new hub is ready, please let me know if it is ok for you. This is a terrible thing which makes us reconsider a lot about the design and safety issue. We haven't made any big models like the 1700 before, so this is totally our problem that we don't have a whole testing for all the process. We held a meeting to discuss this issue and FMS will pay more attention to every process and think more about the design. Thank you again for you feedback and hope the new hub will be ready ASAP to let you fly again."

I knew FMS would get right on this issue and they have. I'm glad to be the guinea pig as long as the issues get fixed. I'll take one for the team any day. LOL...
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:23 PM
Experienced but not an Expert
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Wow! That was quick! I'm really starting to like FMS, most companies would have just said 'What ever, we'll send you a new one', and that's if your lucky. But for FMS to take this issue seriously, and fix the problems, that goes a long way in my book. If I have to buy foreign made products, I would want to buy from a company with good customer service and support.

FMS doesn't sell their planes directly though do they? Last time I went to their web site they just showed off their models, no where did I see the option to buy directly from them though.

Only places I've found that sells FMS so far is Nitro Planes, and BananaHobby. Anyone found another spot that sells them?
seahawk1984 is offline Find More Posts by seahawk1984
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:27 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Not when certain agencies get notified
brandonmoon is online now Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,249 Posts
Fms

FMS' response to the wing and the prop nut issues is a good reason why they will be around for a long time. This whole episode has been impressive.
Hink64 is online now Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,240 Posts
rc-castle.com sells FMS. A couple of canuck sites do as well.
Dangaras is online now Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:43 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Wow talk about dancing around the issue........joking of course.

Really I am very impressed by the response and getting directly to the issue and accepting responsibility with no song and dance.......top notch FMS
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:45 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,318 Posts
Yeah Wayne, that's why I've been so Pro FMS vocally. There's no other Chinese manufacturer who pays this close attention to their consumers. They are constantly trying to improve their product and their lightning fast response to this issue is just the latest example.

Okay I said once they fixed the wing dihedral, this bird would be a home run. Well, I meant once they fix dihedral AND hub!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:57 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,493 Posts
Fantastic. The best form of advertising is the customer.
Kaikokid is online now Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Talk is cheap, but ...Seeing is believing?... Sorry to say ....but I'm not completely over thrown over with them yet? I've receieved a few private Empty promises and communications from them that never happened. They do have a nice product, but I have spent a LOT!!! of time and money to make it work right and reliably....that said, it has been fun and nice to be able to help. But I'm still waiting on replacement retracts for crying out loud...from months ago and well over 2 dozen follow up emails sent with no return responce from them. So, they sort of lost some of my following and patronage with that one
brandonmoon is online now Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Oct 10, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Apr 2005
76 Posts
FMS Response

Aros it's great to know FMS is moving quickly to resolve this issue by redesigning a new hub. Below is the e-mail I sent to FMS yesterday (info@fmsmodel.com) after I saw your video, however I haven't received a response yet. Hopefully I'll hear from them and they'll send me a new redesigned hub. In the meanwhile, just in case and since you have more contact with them, maybe you can ask them about how they'll take care of customers in my similar situation, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Thanks and glad to hear that they're sending you a new airplane.

Regards,

Orie

Hello,

My name is Orestes Velez Jr. and I recently purchased your 1.7M F4U Corsair from RC-Castle (see attached Order #5014 Communication). I have assembled the Corsair according to the instructions and it is now ready for the first flight. However, I had not yet flown it when I saw the video in the link below from Aros in the RC Groups forum. As you will see in the video, he was flying his Corsair for the first time when all of a sudden it experienced a catastrophic crash which as you look closer in the video, it appears to have been caused by an in-flight failure of the propeller.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...512298&page=69

I believe Aros will be contacting you regarding this issue, however I also wanted to contact you and seek your advice moving forward as I donít want to fly my airplane and risk a similar outcome until you as the manufacturer have evaluated this situation and developed a solution not only with future production, but more importantly, for customers like me who have the airplane but have not yet flown it.

I certainly would appreciate you getting back to me as I look forward to hearing from you on this very important issue.

Thank you,

Orestes Velez Jr.
Allentown, PA
orvel is offline Find More Posts by orvel
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:02 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,660 Posts
Nice FMS, I don't think I can buy any other brand of warbird.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:22 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
"We haven't made any big models like the 1700 before....?"[/I]
What about their 1700mm P47? Hmm...

Wow! Such bad luck with this model! I have been asking when and if they were going to update the 1400mm F4U. Every time this 1700mm has another quality control problem I get a bad feeling that it will get pushed back even further. Hope not!

Kudos to FMS for getting right on a fix for the hub issue! They do seem to be going back and updating some of the hubs on their other planes as well. The 1400mm Zero, FW190, and the new v7 P51 all have upgraded hubs and prop blades!
karltrek is online now Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:03 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,318 Posts
I think they meant that the 1700 series is their first attempt at large scale warbirds. They have always been a 1400 and under manufacturer so the 1700 series was a new frontier for them and admittedly they could have spent more time on aspects of the models as we are finding out now. I'm very glad they are so responsive to fix the issues because I LOVE the 1700 size. The 1400's are great too but I like flying large scale so I am happy they are continuing to improve the series.

orvel I'll see if I can find anything out.
RCG Plus Member