SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:04 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvel View Post
OK there they are, this airplane really looks good now, I would say that dihedral made all the difference in the world! Can't wait ti maiden her!
That looks much better .... Now it just needs and different detailed up paint job
brandonmoon is online now Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:26 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
From rc castle

NOW OUR STOCK 1.7M F4U PLANE IS WITH OLD WING TYPE.

FOR THE NEW WING TYPE, IT WILL BE ARRIVE AND ON SALE

AROUND 20 - 25/OCT , PLS KINDLY NOTE, TKS.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:00 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,355 Posts
Nice
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:04 PM
ronht
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
Crap! Where am I going to put that so the wife doesn't find it?

My "No honey, that plane has been here for a long time" story is starting to wear a bit thin
ronht is offline Find More Posts by ronht
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:16 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Nice
hopefully BH will do pre-orders like the v7 stangs.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
hopefully BH will do pre-orders like the v7 stangs.
i think they have them in already or will soon have them in. I'm going to be one of the first to get the new version from BH, so i'll let you know.

I'll do a full pictures and plane build / review.

if its anythign like the red tails p51 i'll be happy!
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:03 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
War,

Let me know I'll be waiting for it.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:39 PM
ronht
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
What's the latest on the retracts on this bird, are they up to the task? Now that the wing is fixed, that seems to be the only concern I have about getting one.
ronht is offline Find More Posts by ronht
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:51 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
At worst, they are the PZV2s (and they are awesome), at best they are the FMS-manufactured retracts. Either way, the retracts will be fine and up to task. The only thing wrong with this Corsair is if it doesn't end up in your hangar.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:15 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
I ordered up another set of the same decals I used for my V1. This time I'm going to strip the stock decals and paint the entire plane before adding the new decals. Plus I will paint the missiles the proper color as well as try some weathering and panel rivet work.

I may even try to cut out the canopy so it can slide. I need to up my game!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:59 PM
La Habra, California
Joined May 2004
598 Posts
Aros
On your V1 you mentioned that the F4U speed was adequate. Is it possible to increase the pitch of the blades with the P-51 mod. I looks like the F4U hub is different. Or do you think the F4U speed was just fine.
paracanary is offline Find More Posts by paracanary
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:23 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
The top stock speed is probably in the 50-60mph range depending on flying clean or dirty, with armament, et al...Typical stock larger-scale foam warbird speed but I like a little more horses under the hood than that. Unfortunately the hub is different than the 1700 P-51 so the zip-tie pitch mod won't work on the Corsair. The only way I can think of to get speeds closer to 75 or so would be to perform a power plant overhaul (larger motor/ESC/battery combo) or going with a 2-blade setup. But I'm all about scale looks so I won't even bother with that. I'd rather swing the scale 3 or 4 blade and put up with the slower stock speed (which looks very scale in the air any ways) then put a 2-blade prop on her and gain 10mphs but that's just me.

I'll probably maximize my top speed with a higher amped ESC and larger battery with more front-loaded power. I don't WOT that much any ways. We'll see how it goes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:37 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
The cool thing about the livery I chose is it has a lot of obvious rivets that show up due to the contrast between the rivets and dark navy blue paint. That will give me an opportunity to do my first rivet work. Anyone with good ideas for rivets? I'm thinking a metallic permanent ink pen and "dotting" the pattern. Or tiny beads of glue dots?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:43 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
The cool thing about the livery I chose is it has a lot of obvious rivets that show up due to the contrast between the rivets and dark navy blue paint. That will give me an opportunity to do my first rivet work. Anyone with good ideas for rivets? I'm thinking a metallic permanent ink pen and "dotting" the pattern. Or tiny beads of glue dots?
The foam will not be too good with glue dots like my H9 corsair. Too easy to break off and the lizard skin in the heat will mess them up. You can try a shimmed brass tube in a trim iron but that might melt the foam too much, A pointy silver sharoieor a Uniball silver paint pen (ebay) might be best.

I have noticed the Corsair rivets are mostly flush, even the screws.
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:45 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,699 Posts
One splash of cold water on this plane. No big deal really, I think , is the spread- eagled LG. That hasn't been addressed.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid