SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Finally made a maiden flight!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
369 Posts
I'm not sure I am expecting them to do a folding wing. It would be cool. But, im not so sure they would need to do a wing to out do BH. They have a knack for making models look far more scale then most other epo manufacturers. I have a hunch the model will be a four bladed F4U-4 also...Why? Just call it a hunch. This is a later more powerful version and it has rarely been modeled.
alpinemike is offline Find More Posts by alpinemike
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:28 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,321 Posts
And I'm quite sure FMS won't insist on a dorky over-sized vertical stab/rudder like Lanxiang!

Aros is online now Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:32 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinemike View Post
I have a hunch the model will be a four bladed F4U-4 also...Why? Just call it a hunch. This is a later more powerful version and it has rarely been modeled.
Looks like that may be the case if we go off of the only image ever released of what may have been a prototype..This grey one that was really low resolution...

Personally I don't care about the wing fold. I would rather have the full 3-stage flaps myself...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:00 PM
Finally made a maiden flight!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2008
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Looks like that may be the case if we go off of the only image ever released of what may have been a prototype..This grey one that was really low resolution...

Personally I don't care about the wing fold. I would rather have the full 3-stage flaps myself...
Well it is definately an F4U-4... It looks like a photo I had seen posted by a vendor.. Cannot remember.... But I bet You are right....

Wish I could get this one too. Maybe kit version.....and a Spitfire....and Lightning...and Oh dammit I'm out of room.
alpinemike is offline Find More Posts by alpinemike
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:09 AM
Chile, Región Metropolitana, Santiago
Joined Aug 2010
17 Posts
I would not mind the folding wings feature, against flaps, Folding wings is not a purchase decision feature for me, maybe for others. RC planes must be light and it will fly btter. I won't be charmed either by rockets and external fuel tank, or sliding canopy...I'd be quite happy if it's as scaled as possible and I'm in. One of the nicest thing electric warbirds have brought is that they can offer scaled props, and I have turned to that from fulel engines just for this particular reason. I have a glow P51 and its small prop looks almost an insult, one of the great looking features in the P51, Spitfire, P47 and corsair were the impressive props that made the look of a powerful plane. If a model offer a scaled prop (as the Airfield 1430 series, Lanxiang, etc.) has retracts (for all the wheels), flaps, and it's bigger than 40" I am a sure bet...ha ha ha so if FMS is reading this post, just finish the plane, leave the folding wings as an additional, don't even bother painting the plane and send me the bill, I'll buy it...ha ha ha
Korsario is offline Find More Posts by Korsario
Last edited by Korsario; Feb 17, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:13 AM
France, Rhône-Alpes, Pierrelatte
Joined Apr 2009
315 Posts
As I mentionned in the beginning of the thread, my wish list for this Corsair is :
- 3 blade prop : more efficient, scale, and best looking with the gull wing
- scale flaps
- Enough power for large loops

And that's all.

Folding wing would be a plus for transport, and scale feature too, but I don't want a gadget like the LX one.
BinbinDesbois is offline Find More Posts by BinbinDesbois
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:30 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,321 Posts
Hey everybody I have an update on this plane. Today I was able to see the first prototype photos! I'm waiting to hear back from FMS to see if they won't mind if I share them here or not. I am very honored to be the first to see them (I'm doing design work for FMS...What can I say, it has its privileges!)...I will respect their wishes on that (they are prototype...No paint, bare foam).

In the meantime I can at least share what I've seen based on the photos:

1) It's a 4-blade (looks to be a later variant like the F4U-7 or one that used the 4-blade with the air scoop in the cowl).

2) 3-stage flaps!!!!

3) Scale-looking retractable doors and tail feathers. (Not over-sized like LX's version)

4) No wing fold. (Fine by me).

5) Struts look scale.

6) All-around great scale fidelity! Would we expect less from FMS?

If I can publish the photos or offer more insight I will do so. Stay tuned!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Hey everybody I have an update on this plane. Today I was able to see the first prototype photos! I'm waiting to hear back from FMS to see if they won't mind if I share them here or not. I am very honored to be the first to see them (I'm doing design work for FMS...What can I say, it has its privileges!)...I will respect their wishes on that (they are prototype...No paint, bare foam).

1) It's a 4-blade (looks to be a later variant like the F4U-7 or one that used the 4-blade with the air scoop in the cowl).

2) 3-stage flaps!!!!

3) Scale-looking retractable doors and tail feathers. (Not over-sized like LX's version)

5) Struts look scale.

Dude - you're killin me.
Hink64 is online now Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:39 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,238 Posts
I'm glad I waited on this....this shall be my next foamy.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
Cant wait to get one so I can crash it
iliketocrash is offline Find More Posts by iliketocrash
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:09 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hink64 View Post
Dude - you're killin me.
LOL...Yeah, I know...
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, OH, Tallmadge
Joined Dec 2006
171 Posts
Quote:

2) 3-stage flaps!!!!

5) Struts look scale.

Gotta have it!
At this rate, looks like my son is going to have to get a scholarship to go to college.
F2G-1 is offline Find More Posts by F2G-1
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,253 Posts
Quote:
LOL...Yeah, I know...
This one will make our 4th Corsair (all of which are still in the hanger) - but gladly so. Aros my man work some magic with these pics.
Hink64 is online now Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:04 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,321 Posts
I'll do my best...
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:35 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,655 Posts
Aros -

I'll stick my neck out a bit here but don't think that's a photo of a prototype - maybe a photo of a model they'll base their prototype on. The arrangement of the landing gear parts, the propeller, and the pixel count gives me those impressions. I wouldn't care which version they do - with a little planning they could have a few interchangeable parts to make this just about any version they want to: Cowls and exhaust outlets, canopies, and propellers they could cover them all pretty much.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82