HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:54 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
just saw the pic... Jiminy Cricket!!

I knew it was off some but that pic says it all... you'll definitely get some response from FMS on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Hey guys, here's a quick Photoshop I did to demonstrate the current dihedral and what I think is closer to scale. It's a remarkable difference. Probably 15 degrees or more. What do you think? I'll submit this to FMS if you guy's think this looks about right.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:11 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
I just sent this image off to FMS as well. I found several diagrams of the F4U and they all show the wingtips align to the center of the hub...

If I know FMS like I think I do, they will fix this.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:18 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
That looks good. And much better..I'll wait and see what happens?
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:21 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
great job Aros.... ya done good
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,210 Posts
Aros , I know the focus is on whats "wrong" but I have to say its looks great , ya I know the wings yayayya , ok how about those wheels , they look very cool , can you elaborate on what they are made of ? they seem nice scale , great doors finally got that right vs the LX corsair .
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:41 AM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,720 Posts
Aros -

Just to clarify, the assembled plane has a two-piece wing, am I correct? It's not permanently joined at the center in it's present form?
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Last edited by gnats82; Aug 11, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:42 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,932 Posts
Having thought about it for a day or so now, it's actually very annoying that this dihedral issue is still an issue. The problem was raised months ago when the first promo pics of the grey corsair were released and not a thing has been done about it.

I hope they do fix it. Even though the DIY mod would be relatively simple, it's annoying to have to do it in the first place. Especially when the rest of the plane is perfect.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:29 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
@ gnats82, yes it is a two-piece wing held in place by 4 large bolts. @ LDM, I agree the focus has been on the dihedral because it's so obvious but you are right, this is a great-looking plane and the most overall scale-looking foam Corsair I've seen. LX's could have been a knock out but the oversized tail and out-of-scale gear doors took it out of the race. With the dihedral fix on this one, it will no doubt be the most scale Corsair soon to hit the market.

Now, on to the latest news from FMS concerning the dihedral. The good news is, they are aware of the problem, they are going to fix the problem and they explain why the problem is there in the first place. The not-so-good news is they already have a batch order to BH of this version with the dihedral issue. It sounds like they will have a fix for the next version and may even offer a fix for those of us with this version...Here's what my contact wrote:

"Hi Todd, Thank you very much for your comments in RCgroups and your great suggestion! I've read all the comment you write. Honestly, I noticed the dihedral problem before you told me, a customer sent us a mail regarding the dihedral problem after he visited our facebook page and found that problem. We are trying to solve this problem now, but I would like to let you know, our 3d drawing is without problem, the problem is from the foam.

As you can see, the landing gear door has a big space and there is no foam to protect at that position, this issue causes the wing under big pressure to make the wing down and wrong dihedarl. So the solution is to add some strong rod or something elses to make the wing (landing gear door position) stronger, then the problem will be solved. We are solving this problem and we are sure we can solve it.

The attachment can tell you the problem is from the foam but not the 3d Drawing. I will let you know once we solve it, thanks again for your help Todd. Anyway, we will try our best to solve it asap. Thanks again for your feedback Todd."
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:33 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
sounds like V2 is already in the works
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
At the very least, a fix for the V1 version...But yes, it does seem like there will be a V2! Awesome!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
this is excellent news

the fix is already in development... v2 will be a dream machine
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,343 Posts
No question! This is why I stand behind FMS. They don't simply ignore their product's issues and customer's concerns. They take them to heart and will proactively work to fix the issues.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
soooo how are those new decals looking on her, got any pics to post?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
looks like we have perfect day for a test flight to check flight characteristics with little to no wind

get your photographer lined up
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:09 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,702 Posts
Yup good news often comes with bad news, hence the saying " you want the good news or the bad news"? Lol! Glad they will sort it out but as we know the retract issue on the P51 & P47 took longer than expected so I guess we should expect the same for a factory fix. Hopefully they forward a quick fix like the P51 wing spar fix asap. Thanks Todd!
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin