HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:39 AM
France, Bretagne, Bohars
Joined May 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
I just don't know when. A week, a month, a few months? No idea. Bummer.
Here in Europe, since june, this plane is announced for mid september.
lansing is offline Find More Posts by lansing
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:40 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
3,048 Posts
and moan....
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:25 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
884 Posts
Quote:
Their 1400 Corsair will be released in October and will have new features like flaps and other things...
Aros? Since you have some inside knowledge. Do you know if the 1400mm Spitfire will be updated as well? FMS never responds to my questions on their Facebook page. I will be purchasing the updated 1400mm F4U as soon as it comes out! But my Spitfire is getting long in the tooth. I would really like to see an update on that one too.
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:27 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
I haven't heard anything regarding the Spitfire specifically but since their focus is on the 1400 warbirds, I think it's a safe bet that the Spit will be getting upgrades as well.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:48 PM
MYC
Inconceivable!
USA, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2005
1,942 Posts
I didn't miss anything here, right Aros? It hasn't come yet?

I'm sitting here with Bunnie on the table next to me and I can't believe how awesome this plane is. I sold my 1400 v6 pony the other day and as soon as I find a new owner for the 1400 corsair I'll have my money ready for this one! Gonna miss those 1400s but for me the 1700s are so much better!
MYC is offline Find More Posts by MYC
Old Aug 06, 2012, 04:01 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
Yeah I'm still waiting. No word on a ship date since they have been so focused on their 1400's. My guess is in September. I too prefer the 1700's over the 1400's but I understand that they are selling better because they are easier to transport.

I hope when the economy picks up FMS continues their 1700 series.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:53 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
7,884 Posts
Quote:
Their 1400 Corsair will be released in October and will have new features like flaps and other things...
FMSmodel , I am not sure if we will update the F4U this year, but I am sure we will update most of the warbirds in next year. I need to confirm with our team to see if any plan of update models this year.
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:24 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
I already heard confirmation from one of their lead people that the new version of the 1400 Corsair will be released in October. Of course, that date can change as we all know but that is what he told me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:07 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
884 Posts
Quote:
I already heard confirmation from one of their lead people that the new version of the 1400 Corsair will be released in October. Of course, that date can change as we all know but that is what he told me.
That was a response (finally!) to my Facebook post about if there was going to be an update to the 1400mm Spitfire. It seems like their Facebook admin does not know everything. Probably a low level marketing person or just an admin tasked with managing the Facebook page? We will see if he/she actually follows up.
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
Yes, normally companies task low level marketing folks to deal with social media. They won't know what's going on with the product like the production manager, GM, etc, would.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:01 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,242 Posts
Good news!

I just heard tonight from FMS that they sent me the 1700 Corsair a few days ago so I should be getting it by early next week!

So you guy's will have a full review by next weekend!

Now some not-so good news involving freight. This is cut-and-paste so excuse the spelling/grammar...

Todd, I would like to let you know the currrent EMS issue, Recently, the China Post - EMS company just changed thier delivery policy in mainland China, if the goods is too big and over their delivery standard, they will reject to send and return to us... even worse, now they change the freight fee method, if we still insist on sending the F4U by UPS or DHL, the current freight will be 3 times than before. It is unacceptable that the freight of each 1700 model is almost 2000 RMB($317), which is 3 times than before. We can not accept and suffer in this situation. However, we send the goods by HongKong EMS, since they still keep the delilvery policy as same as before comparing with mainland EMS. Hope HongKong EMS can keep this policy all the time. Otherwise, it will be a hard time for both of us and our small dealers as we used to send them goods via EMS. Anyway, the F4U has been sent to you already and hope you can receive it asap.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:31 AM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
884 Posts
Wow, I am getting whip-lash from all the back and forth of emotion over this...
Elated, Crushed, Elated, Crushed, now Elated.....
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:32 AM
MYC
Inconceivable!
USA, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2005
1,942 Posts
Yeah Eroeder, But I'm not sure which I am right now... Crushed that shipping may be putting these out of reach or elated that FMS finally got 'em done
MYC is offline Find More Posts by MYC
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:12 AM
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Jun 2012
34 Posts
Awesome news!! I can't wait til we get Aros' report and I hope the shipping issues get worked out.
Slick371 is offline Find More Posts by Slick371
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:05 AM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
884 Posts
Hopefully a large enough distributor can order a half or full container full and ship by sea, else they will need to figure out a way to do two box shipping of smaller boxes if a deal can't be cut with the mail system.
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member