HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:55 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2010
382 Posts
I spoke to CML Distribution here in the UK (official FMS stockist) around 2 weeks ago and they told me they were expecting stock in 4-6 weeks.

They're pretty reliable so I would guess 2-4 weeks, unless anybody else has any further updates?

Andy
The43rdHammer is offline Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 12:25 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
195 Posts
Ops.. I just bought a FMS F4U Corsair 1430mm. Should I return it?

lol!
runner2k is offline Find More Posts by runner2k
Old Nov 03, 2011, 12:48 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,608 Posts
I'm watching this one closely too. I'm pretty stunned at all the offerings these days. In the right size, make and model for me to be really taken in, I have to admit. I'm still on the side lines watching though, I'll buy when I see landing gear that holds up and electronics that are suitable for the model. If the electronics aren't great I'll get an ARF but if the landing gear isn't up to it, it's almost not worth it. Replacing gear is a huge hassle and cost, I did it with the Starmax A-1 and I'm not willing to go that route again on a foam model even though I'm now happy with my A-1.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:06 AM
United Kingdom
Joined May 2010
382 Posts
Hi Eddie - I'd have to agree with that, I'm following your conversion blog for the A1 but have previously done a belt & braces upgrade to the Stramax P51 LG when it first came out (I had one of the very early versions) and it's been a nightmare to retro-fit, I almost think it'd be quicker and cheaper building a kit.

I'm in no rush for this, but they do look very nice!

Andy
The43rdHammer is offline Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Old Nov 08, 2011, 12:50 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,608 Posts
Hi Andy, I'm glad you were able to glean something out of those ramblings and pictures At the end of the day the A-1 has been a good experience. It flies so nicely, I'm OK with what I put into it.

On the other hand I see the LX F4U Corsair has suffered the same fate as initially many hoped it would not. We knew it would have weak electronics but it turns out it also has weak and inoperable landing gear. For a model like this, it is not a workable starting point. That's too much money, size and effort to invest in a mushy paper weight that is too big to go unnoticed hanger queening around in the garage.

I'm holding out hope for the FMS Corsair to save the giant foamie warbird genre from being considered a failed venture of "too much too soon". When, in reality we all know it's just a matter of "didn't care enough to try to succeed" by some of these previous products. This is one of the few times I can recall where the consumer has the wherewithal and expertise to actually demand the products and build them on their own, and the manufacturers just can't be bothered to bring a passable effort to the table for a market entry.

FMS, I hope you have been watching and listening
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:23 PM
Vermilion, OH
Joined Aug 2010
887 Posts
Does anyone have an idea when a release date will be? This year next year?
godofthunder77 is offline Find More Posts by godofthunder77
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:32 PM
Brazil,IN
Joined May 2010
135 Posts
WOW, does anyone actually know how many 1700mm planes FMS is coming out with??? Should give the Banana hobby F4U a run for its money!
greenmonsta79 is offline Find More Posts by greenmonsta79
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:53 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,407 Posts
I just got the BH F4U Corsair and I am looking forward to getting the FMS 1700 when it becomes available one for comparison and two, because I love Corsairs! I can't comment on my BH one yet as it is still early in the build stage but yes there have been issues with the retracts and servos (surprise, surprise) that some others have encountered. At least those who have the BH Corsair who have had issues BH has worked to resolve them quickly. I sure hope I don't have any major problems but I'm not holding my breath.

FMS is really impressing me these days not only with their scale fidelity but overall quality. I have the Stuka and the Corsair and both are complete joys to fly with no real issues to speak of.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:36 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,037 Posts
I thought about getting the LX Corsair. I just couldn't get it though. Would love to have the folding wings & all but I wanted the 80" P-40. I could only get one so the P-40 won out. Maybe if the LX Corsair was under $400 I'd get it.

I expect & hope the FMS 1700 mm birds will be in the $330 range.

I'll just wait for the 1700mm birds. I'll get the Corsair & Mustang for sure. Not sure about the P-47 though.
ColoradoHeliNut is online now Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Dec 03, 2011, 07:11 PM
Joined Apr 2010
5 Posts
Go to http://www.pw-rc.com/ I have already ordered my P-51 1700mm FMS machine. Complete with metal gear servos and a nice paint job. I am hoping to see it before Christmas. It's currently in transit and I am pumped.
marshallfamily is offline Find More Posts by marshallfamily
Old Dec 04, 2011, 11:55 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,608 Posts
Are you having it shipped to the USA? What is the freight running on the big box? Please let us know what your impressions are.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:40 PM
Joined Apr 2010
5 Posts
Yes it is being shipped to the USA. $80.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Are you having it shipped to the USA? What is the freight running on the big box? Please let us know what your impressions are.
I'll fill you in on the rest when it gets here.
marshallfamily is offline Find More Posts by marshallfamily
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:35 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,491 Posts
Is the Corsair listed yet ?
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:40 PM
LE MANS, France
Joined Oct 2010
249 Posts
No Corsair befor february....Still in engineers hands...
HLC SHOP is offline Find More Posts by HLC SHOP
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:02 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
I hope they take their time and get it right!! I'll be getting one next year...but I don't mind waiting.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose