HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
alrighty... well, we are all of course patiently waiting with baited breath to see your pics and vids... this one definitely has my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Hi Mark - I honestly would anticipate general consumer availability in August sometime. I will ask them if they can give us a definitive response on that.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Indeed Mark. Dangaras, I know first-hand this model has been delayed numerous times for the very reason listed (LX Corsair, *cough*)...They certainly don't want that type of notoriety with this plane. The retracts has been the main hold-up and after as much testing as they have been doing with this plane, I will be absolutely FLOORED if this plane doesn't hold up to snuff.

I believe this bird will come with the upgraded "V2" retracts which BrandonMoon has been testing and is absolutely giddy about. I'll take his word for it. The FMS metal retracts will be available as an upgrade at an additional cost but from what I've been hearing so far about the V2's, those metal ones may become a blissful moot point.

We are getting very close to finding out...Hopefully I will have a maiden report by next weekend.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:03 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Aros,

Will the metal retracts be drop in or wil some modding need to be done on the corsair?

I pancaked my Frankie from about 6' high atleast. So destroyed both my oleo struts, strut wires was bent at 45* and the retract mount needs a lil epoxy as it loosened. My metal eflites cycled like day one after I dropped in the replacement oleos, wire, and repairs. They got me spoiled and plan on getting the FMS metals regardless as I dont think any plastic retract would've survived that. Hey its been 6 wks since I've flown her so I have to remember how to lay her down.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:32 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Hey v8, from what I've heard, the metal ones should be drop in on the Corsair. One of the hold ups was that they had to re-mold the retract housing area to fit the new metal retracts. That was before they ended up going with the V2 plastic ones that sound very stout and up to task.

So my thinking here is that the V2 plastic and FMS metal ones both have the same drop in size.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:04 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Cool that's what I was hoping that both v2 & metal upgrade used same mount, screws, n holes.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:04 AM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,286 Posts
Looks like I will be selling some more models to build up the bank acvount for this one!
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:30 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Guys I just bought 3 of these for the 1/7mm birds, but will work with just about anything. Looks to be a usefull addition instead of individual Gyros. Here is my buddy code to get these at a greater discount, Plus it helps me out a bit, if anybody is interested?

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...B-501FD22FF9AF
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:49 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Interesting! What made you think of getting these? Just curious...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:55 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Interesting! What made you think of getting these? Just curious...
It's not that they really need them, but looked like a useful and additional stabalization tool for thos windy days and a bit of added security. Also thought it might help with some of the video shooting in keeping the plane smooth and steady
...for those "Knee shaking days" of not getting to get out and fly for a few weeks at a time...lol. Like me and V8
And the fact that the price wasn't elaborate and fairly inexpensive for what they do and offer to the plane
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:18 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Ah, I see...Hmmmm...I know I can use a hand here and there for sure! I'll check the link out, thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
sounds great, thanks. I noticed it didn't take long for them to go Back Ordered...WOW!!!, but I'm sure they will be back in stock soon
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:23 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Sorry guys, a bit of bad news...I just received this email from FMS this morning...

"The Corsair is still not ready, the production line is quite busy producing other planes, but I will push the production manager to finish this one asap, as it has been delayed too much. Please trust me I will 100% send you the plane..."

I've heard that the 1700 series are taking a back seat due to a lack of sales so they have been focusing on their 1400 and other models to stay viable in a very poor world economy at the moment. I understand, but it's a bummer all the same. This Corsair has been SO CLOSE to release so many times I was hoping they would be ready by now. So I don't know when to expect this plane...Could be a few more weeks could be months.

Sorry, I wish I had better news.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
That sucks....
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:29 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,865 Posts
Can't they make the new retracts available as spare parts already.
struggleforlife is online now Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:34 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,306 Posts
I am not against the 1700mm series. But I am also not surprised that the 1700mm series are slow sellers. That size only appeals to people who have the means to transport and store that big of a plane. The 1400mm is a much better size and price for my particular situation. I wish FMS would upgrade the current 1400mm Corsair with split flaps and a stronger wing. The Spitfire too!
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member