HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
If Pete doesnt own the company why is it that he and his family are the ones that run the booths at shows. Pete is the owner and is ran with his family
I would look at it this way, the anchorman is the face you see on the TV, doesn't mean he owns the station.
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:05 PM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
I would look at it this way, the anchorman is the face you see on the TV, doesn't mean he owns the station.
Got it
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,208 Posts
waaaaah

I want someone to tell me that this is all a bad dream and to click my heels 3x and we'll be back in Kansas again

or at least that it's all going to be just dandy after the dust storm settles and in the end we will be able to buy FMS planes from Philip, Raymond or BH, aaaaand, even if Philip & Raymond decide not to sell the aircraft, we can still get our parts from them

I thought I saw Philips response to the parts question, that he'd continue that piece regardless
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:52 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,322 Posts
Something tells me this will all work out in the end.

FMS is not going to turn their backs on two of their most highly-regarded distributors. My bet is that they will come to some agreement.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,833 Posts
I hate animated gifs... so 90's! LOL
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:38 PM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Something tells me this will all work out in the end.

FMS is not going to turn their backs on two of their most highly-regarded distributors. My bet is that they will come to some agreement.
I certainly hope so, because I would really like to get this plane one day and I know of no other reputable dealer's to get it from.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:15 AM
Denmark
Joined Apr 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang View Post
I certainly hope so, because I would really like to get this plane one day and I know of no other reputable dealer's to get it from.
Lets hope so.. I just dont get it. If I order a plane from BH (will never happen) then I pay more than a hundred bucks to ship it to denmark. Same plane from PW-RC will cost me 40 bucks.
Qtop is offline Find More Posts by Qtop
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:36 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,037 Posts
Ok I feel the need to comment .
1) i have been open in professional criticism of BH (always professional) especially when they imply product intervention and development yet they disappear at the first sign of problems like the lx corsair thread .
2) however I am also intelligent enought to know that one of the main reasons for banana hobby complaints has been LX models inherent selection of cheap on board electronics .
3) so when trying to defend BH in the fact that the problems with LX continue I also ask why if Pete is so involved in product development the problems exist and continue - ie LX corsair thread .
4) so then I said lets define what we expect from a distributor - I expect on time damage free delivery , if I choose the product I expect the manufacture to be responsible for QC not the distributor . So I order a $500 P40 from BH and I got what I expected on time damage free delivery
5) I took a chance on LX so far so good ,knowing the esc is too small and some servos will need to be changed no complaints because they are stated in the ad as clearly what they are in the ad .
6) so while distributors like to be the face of the product and I am ok with that when they also take responsibility for the product , when they don't I would like to see the face of the factory in the thread and as you can see you never see LX in any thread .
You do see FMS thru modeler contact , that is ok with me .
7) one last point ,I would also like to see part support and this is an area that BH is responsible for and in my opinion has fallen short but I think there trying to improve . It's simply silly that they sell an LX P40 and if I want back up props and retracts I have to order from Austraila or direct from factory with Western Union . Silly and inefficient
So recapping , distributorship is responsible for damage free and on time delivery , part support is expected but second to delivery and damage free shipping .Second if distributor take product development responsibility that we have seen in ( some post by some people) then they need to step up and assume product development support and liability for imherant product problems that exists in some threads on exclusive brands .
Again , so this is not looked at and dismissed as a BH bash , my experience with my orders from BH have been AAA but my expectations are differant then many of you in these threads
6)
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,322 Posts
I'm thinking of offering a selection of desktop wallpapers if anyone is interested. I'm just extending the feelers out right now. If I get enough response for more I will create some additional warbird wallpapers. The first in the series is the F4U Corsair. Small sample is below. The full size 1920x1080 can be downloaded at the link below.

Hope you enjoy! The feedback will determine if I continue...

1920x1080 F4U Corsair Desktop Wallpaper - First in a series by Aros.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:14 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,845 Posts
Any word on the new Metal retracts?
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jan 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
I'm thinking of offering a selection of desktop wallpapers if anyone is interested. I'm just extending the feelers out right now. If I get enough response for more I will create some additional warbird wallpapers. The first in the series is the F4U Corsair. Small sample is below. The full size 1920x1080 can be downloaded at the link below.

Hope you enjoy! The feedback will determine if I continue...

1920x1080 F4U Corsair Desktop Wallpaper - First in a series by Aros.
Keep em comin
warbirdfan2 is online now Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:05 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
Any word on the new Metal retracts?
My impression is that the Corsair will come with the metal retracts standard.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,254 Posts
Fms 1700 corsair & pw-rc

Guys,

I just had an encouraging email from Phillip indicating he "may" stock this bird. Since we have found out it may have been more his decision to depart FMS - I think the overall sentiment and good vibes he is getting from RCG has changed his mind. We shall soon see.

Hink
Hink64 is online now Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:38 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,845 Posts
Quote:
My impression is that the Corsair will come with the metal retracts standard.
I seem to recall a post where somebody says that the metal retracts are replacements only (due to high costs).
Anyway: i am very interested in these new retracts and looking forward to info and availability.
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:50 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
I seem to recall a post where somebody says that the metal retracts are replacements only (due to high costs).
Anyway: i am very interested in these new retracts and looking forward to info and availability.
That was my impression too? But I too am also impressed with the larger replacement PZ'z I was sent, But I haven't got to test them out yet in a flight and landing tests?, but they seem very strong and solid
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona