HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:06 AM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hink64 View Post
Having dealt with Phillip, I never had an order problem and when I did (two times) within a day, he sent replacement parts (FOC) - this is why I dont mind the extra freight - it is worth it. I have not seen a significant spare parts spread on BH website and gives me great concern. Not sure how you make the journey with a specific model knowing that every flight could be your last because of lack of spares. Nitro did pretty well in this dept and still have a decent spares list and have been out of the FMS game for 4-5 months. FMS should beware if they follow through dropping Phillip and could result in losing some dedicated customers.
The HS 123 was my first FMS plane! All my others are Parkzone, Dynam and others!
If they cut out the other dealers, the HS 123 will be my LAST FMS no matter what they come out with!
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:14 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,891 Posts
Parts are definitly a concern with BH , he stocks nothing on LX or should I say very little , but it will be up to FMS to push or link part support to a performance contract .
Otherwise we will be out of luck for replacement parts
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:16 AM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Just don't let HH sell FMS or they will crank the price up
Yeah, Right!
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:49 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
I spoke to my contact from FMS tonight about the Banana Hobby/PW-RC/RC Castle issue and here is what I was told just minutes ago. (I have paraphrased due to some translation/grammar but this is the majority of the message)...

"We feel very suprised that people on the forums are saying that FMS won't sell to PW-RC and RC Castle, as we have been receiving emails about this issue. The truth is, PW-RC and RC Castle feel they are unable to order from us due to Banana Hobby's low prices. We have tried to persuade them, even offering a special price for them. We were told that their profit is too small to compare with the banana hobby price point.

We are very much willing to and would like to continue to do business with PW-RC and RC Castle without question. We don't quite understand why they only wish to order spare parts from us. I will talk to them myself and hope we can come to an understanding. The forum community has misunderstood that we don't want PW-RC and RC Castle to sell our product but that is simply not true! Please help me to explain to our loyal customers on RCG that FMS would like to continue to sell to them very very much, as we are well aware of their wonderful history of customer service and support."
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:58 AM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,132 Posts
THANX !!!!!!!!

That certainly clears things up.

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:33 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
That sounds like what I expected.... Like I said earlier....it all boils to $$$$$
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:37 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,746 Posts
That's pretty much what I thought was going on.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:18 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,701 Posts
What price advantage?

PW-RC's and RC Castle's prices are virtually the same as BH''s, and their ship costs are also similar. Considering BH is in the USA and the others are clear across the Pacific, BH should have an advantage...but it's difficult to perceive given the prices each carry. Are we to assume that RCC and PW-RC are subsidizing the ship costs? - otherwise, where's the disadvantage?

From here, it would appear that each of them operate at comparable volumes - maybe FMS gives BH better prices. Who knows? Somehow this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:30 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,746 Posts
BH probably get a cheaper wholesale price because of their order size. They fill a whole container or two at a time. Whereas PW-RC etc wouldn't need to as the supply factory is a short distance over the border.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
FMS needs their own warehouse in California, and hire a sales rep to distribute them to various stores and fill them up with spare parts. Like any other business in the world.

The world is too small to act like you dont know your main importer in a huge market is a group of morons.

What a total joke.
Nachtfalter is offline Find More Posts by Nachtfalter
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:34 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,146 Posts
WTH ??

now I am tooootally confused....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
I spoke to my contact from FMS tonight about the Banana Hobby/PW-RC/RC Castle issue and here is what I was told just minutes ago. (I have paraphrased due to some translation/grammar but this is the majority of the message)...

"We feel very suprised that people on the forums are saying that FMS won't sell to PW-RC and RC Castle, as we have been receiving emails about this issue. The truth is, PW-RC and RC Castle feel they are unable to order from us due to Banana Hobby's low prices. We have tried to persuade them, even offering a special price for them. We were told that their profit is too small to compare with the banana hobby price point.

We are very much willing to and would like to continue to do business with PW-RC and RC Castle without question. We don't quite understand why they only wish to order spare parts from us. I will talk to them myself and hope we can come to an understanding. The forum community has misunderstood that we don't want PW-RC and RC Castle to sell our product but that is simply not true! Please help me to explain to our loyal customers on RCG that FMS would like to continue to sell to them very very much, as we are well aware of their wonderful history of customer service and support."
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:27 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
Here are some follow up points from FMS in regards to Banana Hobby...

• They feel that BH is a newer company that is still developing.
  • They feel that BH's suppliers of the past were a primary reason for their CS woes. With FMS on board, the quality of the product will vastly improve, creating much less QC issues which overwhelmed their CS staff.
  • The lack of quality from the former supplier product created an after-purchase paradigm which created an overload for CS and losing profits by trying to "plug the dam" of unhappy customers due to poor quality and bad parts.
  • With FMS working with BH, there should be much less problems with quality, hence creating a CS system that is effective due to not being overwhelmed by a high quantity of upset customers.
  • BH's top guy (no, not Pete who is just an employee albeit the "face" of the company) is very responsive, proactive and willing to listen to FMS' suggestions to improve their service. The new website and the coming huge FMS parts order is an example of this.
  • FMS is certain we all will see a huge improvement from BH in these coming months.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:40 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Here are some follow up points from FMS in regards to Banana Hobby...

• They feel that BH is a newer company that is still developing.
  • They feel that BH's suppliers of the past were a primary reason for their CS woes. With FMS on board, the quality of the product will vastly improve, creating much less QC issues which overwhelmed their CS staff.
  • The lack of quality from the former supplier product created an after-purchase paradigm which created an overload for CS and losing profits by trying to "plug the dam" of unhappy customers due to poor quality and bad parts.
  • With FMS working with BH, there should be much less problems with quality, hence creating a CS system that is effective due to not being overwhelmed by a high quantity of upset customers.
  • BH's top guy (no, not Pete who is just an employee albeit the "face" of the company) is very responsive, proactive and willing to listen to FMS' suggestions to improve their service. The new website and the coming huge FMS parts order is an example of this.
  • FMS is certain we all will see a huge improvement from BH in these coming months.
If Pete doesnt own the company why is it that he and his family are the ones that run the booths at shows. Pete is the owner and is ran with his family
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,309 Posts
My guess would be because he's the face of the company so the boss would prefer it that way. Don't kill the messenger here, that's just what I was told.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,788 Posts
Yes the owner lives in China and Pete is main man of banana Hobby in the US so all problems go straight to him
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis