HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,131 Posts
I think this motor would work great in this lol
RCS 250cc 7 Cylinder Radial Engine with Electronic Ignition (1 min 11 sec)
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:10 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangaras View Post
Not quite. Those do not rotate. If there were a rotating set in this class they would be too big to fit in these sized models.

They are really good for huge models though like the 114in ziroli P-38..

The only thing that makes them better is metal trunions.

P.S. 22 to 25 lbs! Wow.
Actually all of the stock one had also had metal trunions....and yes these are those I posted above, and yes they fit with the same mod we did for the E-flites.

but you're right these are not for the corsair and do not rotate...they are for the P-51 and the P-47
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Hey folks...Got word from FMS that this bird will be ready to ship to the distributors next week!

I can't wait for mine!!
Do you know who will carry it?
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:01 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
Banana Hobby in the US. PW-RC and RC Castle abroad.
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Banana Hobby in the US. PW-RC and RC Castle abroad.
Aros,

Do we have a hard date? My master pilot will be home from college in two weeks - do you think it will be available in the next week?

No pressure...but you have become our own Mr FMS..LOL!

Hink
Hink64 is online now Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
LOL...I wish I could give a hard date. I can only go by what I've been told and that can change, and has changed several times as they refine, refine, refine. The second I get confirmation that they are shipping mine to me I will let you all know as that signifies they are shipping to all distributors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,261 Posts
Quote:
LOL...I wish I could give a hard date. I can only go by what I've been told and that can change, and has changed several times as they refine, refine, refine. The second I get confirmation that they are shipping mine to me I will let you all know as that signifies they are shipping to all distributors.
No probs - I just emailed Philly to put me on the list when they come in.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:44 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,261 Posts
Fms & pw-rc

Guys,

I just got a troubling email from Phillip stating that he will no longer be providing FMS products with the exception of the V7-P51. Apparently Banana Hobby is behind this somehow. Our options are being sent straight into the BH vortex. FMS really needs to reconsider this decision.

Hink
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Wonder if Raymond @ RC castle is getting fazed out also? Really sucks if that the truth.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:58 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
If that's true that is seriously devastating news.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,222 Posts
That totally sucks , he really supports us with parts , I have nothing against BH but they have zero part supports
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:12 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,729 Posts
Quote:
If that's true that is seriously devastating news.
Same feeling here.

Movement and flux in the business world these days reeks of desperation for control and position in the market place. This hobby seems to be affected as well.

There is a deal afoot here in Wichita to sell stalwart Hawker/Beechcraft to a Chinese company from Bejing called Superior Aviation. The deal does not include the military segment of Hawker Military operations.

It seems like a fever and mania rather than the modest spirit that the R.C. hobby carried in years past. Always seems healthier to me to have alternatives rather than one dominant supplier.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:21 PM
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
2,574 Posts
One can only hope that BH's mark up is incredibly small.That would be the only advantage for FMS? Not good for those outside the US I would think.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikokid View Post
One can only hope that BH's mark up is incredibly small.That would be the only advantage for FMS? Not good for those outside the US I would think.
Having dealt with Phillip, I never had an order problem and when I did (two times) within a day, he sent replacement parts (FOC) - this is why I dont mind the extra freight - it is worth it. I have not seen a significant spare parts spread on BH website and gives me great concern. Not sure how you make the journey with a specific model knowing that every flight could be your last because of lack of spares. Nitro did pretty well in this dept and still have a decent spares list and have been out of the FMS game for 4-5 months. FMS should beware if they follow through dropping Phillip and could result in losing some dedicated customers.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:27 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,932 Posts
I don't see how that is possible. BH is a U.S company and would have no say over what a distributor in Hong Kong can or can't do. Especially since PW-RC and RC-Castle sell more stock around the world (FMS stuff anyway) than BH does.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit