HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Jan 2011
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashem View Post
My blue bird arrived from BH tonight "that's the good" - Both wings alignment tabs are broken off "that,s the bad" and I crashed my B-25 this morning "that,s the ugly".

Ok I hope this is the revised hub and wing. Here are some pics.

Crap pics are too large to upload, I will hace to show them later.
Easy wing tab fix and will be stronger with epoxy and a dowel inserted into foam. I am thinking of inserting a wood dowel in mine and it is ok.
dmyers0403 is online now Find More Posts by dmyers0403
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:33 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,677 Posts
Krashem,

yup v2 wing fix. Hey that's the 2nd plane from BH with the tab broken off.

Could you go more into detail about your B25 crash im getting ready to maiden this wknd if the weather allows...
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:37 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,677 Posts
man I gotta fight the urge to buy this plane, might have to delete my subscription.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:23 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,887 Posts
Yaright you would! The B-25 doesn't look that bad, a good run of 15 min epoxy and it'll be good as new(well, a little war weary ). That's definitely v2 all the way. The spinner is the new one, and the dihedral looks right. I'd just fix the tabs(epoxy+toothpics) and put er' together
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:46 PM
So many A/C So little money
USA, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Nov 2009
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Krashem,

yup v2 wing fix. Hey that's the 2nd plane from BH with the tab broken off.

Could you go more into detail about your B25 crash im getting ready to maiden this wknd if the weather allows...
v8, the airfield B-25 was flying great, I fly at a park that has 3 tall light poles spaced equally apart in the middle of the field and I just was not paying attention. I missed the pole but hit the ground.
krashem is offline Find More Posts by krashem
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
So many A/C So little money
USA, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Nov 2009
167 Posts
Blue Bird

Thanks guys for the confirmation on the upgraded hub and wing. You all are right the tabs will be an easy fix.

Man this is a BIG AIRPLANE!
krashem is offline Find More Posts by krashem
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:22 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,073 Posts
I just bought the white one from RC Castle and an extra set of retracts . I think all the clues on this plane ie "extra wing screws" " broken wing incertion tabs ect" would simply mean FMS probably sent upgraded wings and hub to the distributors to repack version one into two .
In the process one can assume they did not take care in the packing and we are all going to see some wing incertion damage incertion problems.
BH raised the price to $449 , so RC castle looks real considering he confirmed V2 before I ordered . I could not get any responce from BH .
Now onto batterys , what to buy ??? any suggestions ?
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:38 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,887 Posts
I'm running a Turnigy Nano Tech 5000 and it balances the plane pretty much perfectly. I run 6 minutes and come back with over 3.8v per cell.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:12 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,326 Posts
V8...Buy her...you know you want to...
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
I just bought the white one from RC Castle and an extra set of retracts .
BH raised the price to $449 , so RC castle looks real considering he confirmed V2 before I ordered . I could not get any responce from BH .
Yeah Lou, it looks like BH will never change. On the feature pg. it's listed at $419.90, but when you click it to buy it jumps to $449.90? Raymond is now beating Petie by $51.00 at $398.89.

How much was your shipping from Raymond?

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:26 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,073 Posts
Hi Gary it was $111 to Pa , I agree with you so I spend about $50 more but know its version 2 .
I am glad everyone so far received 2 but the fact that they won't answer sealed the deal plus the new price steered me to Raymond !
Mitche thanks for the battery advice
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:33 AM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
562 Posts
You would think that BH knows the only thing they have/had going for them is price
cmk-2 is offline Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:50 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,887 Posts
Don't forget guys, SN hobbies has this bird in stock now. It might be cheaper in shipping. I've had positive dealings with them on previous buys and wouldn't hesitate to use him again.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:51 AM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,006 Posts
The reason they up the price is because they lowered the shipping to Free over $50 , Last week the plane prices were lower because the Free shipping was for $100 and over.
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:54 AM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashem View Post
My blue bird arrived from BH tonight "that's the good" - Both wings alignment tabs are broken off "that,s the bad" and I crashed my B-25 this morning "that,s the ugly".

Ok I hope this is the revised hub and wing. Here are some pics.

Crap pics are too large to upload, I will hace to show them later.
Your wing looks better then the other guys from BH which still looks flat unless you guys havent put the spar in
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis