HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Indicate your preference for #11 HD Key Cam file container format
MOV (current format) 13 23.21%
AVI (new format under consideration) 32 57.14%
No Preference (either is equally acceptable) 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:55 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,419 Posts
Poll
Poll For Current and Future #11 HD Key Cam Users

<UPDATE>
I am closing this poll since we have a good sampling of user preferences, and the trend has been pretty stable through the last half of the voting. Thanks to all who participated.

Your input has been passed on to the camera developer, and because the results overwhelmingly favor AVI over MOV (no big surprise there to me), I think we may see this as an OPTIONAL file output container in modified firmware. The video codec would remain H.264 as previously mentioned, and I think the MOV container would remain a firmware option as well. Please stay tuned to the thread linked below for more information as it becomes available.
<UPDATE>

Possible changes in Video File Format are being considered for a future version of the #11 HD Key Cam. The video codec will remain H.264, but a change in the output file container from the existing .MOV format to a more compatible .AVI format for players and editors is being considered.

Please indicate your preference in the above Poll. PLEASE do not add additional posts here! The exisitng discussion thread for this camera is located here. You are welcome to post there.

Thanks!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 01, 2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Notice of poll closing
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread