SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2011, 11:39 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
Well think I fixed it , I had never set the "Servo limit" on the tail servo and in direction B it was binding. This in turn was causing the swash to tilt or freak out its own self , just decreased the limit and it is all good now.
I added 70% expo to the rudder , I am assuming that is what you ment when you said "70%" seems to have just made the stick kinda longer so to speak.
Was hoping to test fly it but the winds are gusting to 28-32mph and where I fly is nothing but open spaces for miles. If it dies down later I might get a quick fly in to see how it does on a big bird.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:27 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Well think I fixed it , I had never set the "Servo limit" on the tail servo and in direction B it was binding. This in turn was causing the swash to tilt or freak out its own self , just decreased the limit and it is all good now.
I added 70% expo to the rudder , I am assuming that is what you ment when you said "70%" seems to have just made the stick kinda longer so to speak.
Was hoping to test fly it but the winds are gusting to 28-32mph and where I fly is nothing but open spaces for miles. If it dies down later I might get a quick fly in to see how it does on a big bird.
I wouldnt try 70% expo on the rudder as that will make the response really weird, Try 20-30 maybe
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:43 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Cap,

I think he meant 70% D/R...NOt sure though....Im dealing with the same thing here, Nothing but storms and working wives the last couple of days....I did spin it up yesterday and had a funny vib in the TT so shut it down...Changed the TT out and bearings and now its good to go....Just gotta get the time to fly....

I did order that program box (copter x off of ehirobo.com), Im hoping it works..Bf it makes sence that the alzerc box wouldnt program the copterx or our tarot as it is a different gyro, however the tarot and copterx are exactley the same....Pretty sure its going to work flawless...
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:04 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
I have it set on +40% now and readjusted the servo arm length and it seems to be 100% better and even seems to have slowed the reaction of the servo down a bit.
Many thanks .
Cap
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:32 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
sweet...looking foward to see/hear how it performs on your 700..
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:37 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
A couple pics

Here are a couple pics of it installed on the HK-700 , kinda makes it look tiny.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:13 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,880 Posts
Quote:
Yes , it moves like a compass when I go into that setting it is pointing at my doorway opening and as I rotate the heli up to 180* (I run out of room it's a 700) it stays pointing in the direction of the doorway opening. Is this not correct?

70% expo or travel on the DR?
Quote:
I have it set on +40% now and readjusted the servo arm length and it seems to be 100% better and even seems to have slowed the reaction of the servo down a bit.
Many thanks .
Cap
Sorry for the delay replying. I meant 70% dual rates, but you can still use expo as well in the region of 20 to 40%. Use your dual rates to set the maximum piro rate and then the expo for the sensitivity around center stick.

Have a good flight.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:22 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,880 Posts
I'm fitting one in a 500EFL Pro, at the moment. It started off as a frame upgrade (eBay kit parts) for my 500GT but using spares and robbing a few parts off the GT, for now, it's ended up as a near new heli.

There are a few traps like narrower frames, bigger torque tube drive gear and dual canopy mounts but it's coming along nicely.
Last edited by beenflying; Nov 06, 2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,244 Posts
Yea I don't get the 500pro? It's like all they did was narrow it a little bit, widened it back for all the parts to fit. I almost think they are just trying to screw with the companies making all the clones. lol!!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:45 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
Thanks for the reply , I got it fixed and working great just waiting on the weather now.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:03 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Yea I don't get the 500pro? It's like all they did was narrow it a little bit, widened it back for all the parts to fit. I almost think they are just trying to screw with the companies making all the clones. lol!!
You're not wrong. Nothing in the frame is compatible, including the landing skids. The head, shaft and from the tail boom back can be interchanged.

I do however like the internal tail servo and sliding gyro try. It all goes together nicely with all of the plastic molded into the frames. It also feels very rigid.

I'm not sure yet if I like the two sets of grommets for the canopy, but good to see the old 500 canopies can be made to fit.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:03 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,137 Posts
Great little article (slightly dated) from one of my fav's on the web describing where we are going......

I like the great explanation for noobs like myself.

It may be from the files of "Thanks Captain obvious" but I feel confident that I'm not the only one!

Best to all!

b

EDIT: Just received my Tarot ZYX and my RJX Flybarless 500 Head!
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Nov 07, 2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: I GOT TAROT ZYX!
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
89 Posts
Ha Funny, I just recieved two items and both units were loose in the package having fun with the 250 FBL head. Don't know how many vibration and shock the unit experienced during shipping...anyway if it still works this will be a good quality check! Anyone experienced this?
Probicha is offline Find More Posts by Probicha
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:38 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,880 Posts
Both mine were the same. But don't worry, there's not much that can break in these units. It only weighs 10g and MEMS sensors are pretty tough.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:47 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,880 Posts
Good one, rikybob. You're gonna love it. I did some setup on my 500EFL pro last night and the only hard part was setting the roll and pitch limits. I didn't need to set them in the 250 but with the 500 the ball would hit the side of the servo at the stick corners. I wasn't sure if the flashing led was one step for all of the flashes or one step for each flash, and you have to exit programming mode to see the effect.

I've asked Infinity Hobby when we might see a programming box for this unit.