HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2011, 10:09 PM
Joined Aug 2010
13 Posts
sharing mine
if i may chime in.

Im curious though what is piroutte compensation?? And how do i get it right. i think the manual (although already excellent english) it is still vague on this item.
funprise is offline Find More Posts by funprise
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 12:21 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Getting the piro compensation correct is very important. It allows the helicopter to stay in the same spot during a piro or piro flip.

After selecting the option the swashplate will tilt. You now have 40 seconds to get it set right. Note the direction in the room the swashplate is tilted towards. Hold the helicopter by the head and swing the tail 180 degrees. The swashplate should still be tilted towards the same place in the room. If it appears to wobble, reverse the option and spin the heli again. Don't be fooled by the option timing out and the swashplate leveling again. If it times out, you will need to select the option again by pressing the set button six times, each time waiting for the led to stop flashing.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:28 AM
Joined Aug 2010
13 Posts
now thats much clearet tnx

Also just curious where should i adjust gain for the tail? on the radio via gear channel or on the setup mode item 1?
funprise is offline Find More Posts by funprise
Old Nov 04, 2011, 04:33 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Just leave it at the default in the gyro and adjust it in the TX like you would with a standard tail gyro.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:18 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,036 Posts
I put a couple more batteries through the Tarot ZYX 250 today - the first since my crash, all working fine - a bit of nodding as I climb up into loops from FFF so will drop the elevator cyclic gain a few notches. Other than that the only other comment is that piros seem very slow so will see what I can play with there
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Last edited by MikeHRC; Nov 04, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 02:15 PM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
404 Posts
Hi Guys

Does anyone know if the Tarrot 450 head suffers the same problems as the 250 head i.e. loose bearings etc?

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
Pensacola, FL
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
never mind guys I figured it out.
Jhook is offline Find More Posts by Jhook
Last edited by Jhook; Nov 04, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 05:23 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright View Post
Hi Guys

Does anyone know if the Tarrot 450 head suffers the same problems as the 250 head i.e. loose bearings etc?

Arcright
The Tarot FBL head I got a while ago (not one combined with the ZYX) had no issues at all. I did however replace the feathering shaft with an Align one, before I flew it. For an extra $20, it seems like good value.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 07:43 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
So what are the chances that this program box crosses over to program the tarot??? Those of you that ordered the copterx gyro also should give it a shot and let us know..

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11211

Edit:..I just looked through this manual....(for the Copterx 3x1000) ..It is exctley the same as our tarot 3gxy....I went ahead and ordered the program box and im going to give it a shot on the setup of the tarot.....Look through the manual and tell me whatcha think...

http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/cx-3x1000_manual.pdf

Also after looking through the beastx manual, It looks to me that it is very very close (contol loop/ settings) to the beastx ....Maybe the same chips with a different led output....Im begining to get very excited about buying and flying both the tarot and also the copterx gyro's.....

Everyone say good bye to your flybar, It's now a thing of the past!!
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Last edited by AllSpunUp; Nov 04, 2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:48 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSpunUp View Post
So what are the chances that this program box crosses over to program the tarot??? Those of you that ordered the copterx gyro also should give it a shot and let us know...
I certainly will but I'm not holding my breath. I tried the 3GYS box in the CX-1X1000 and it did the same thing as when it was plugged into the ZYX (hung on the loading data screen). Looks like there might be a unique address in each of these gyros. One small bit of hope is that the CX-3X1000 is more similar to the ZYX than the 3GYS, having the 3 LEDs and the TX programming.

I never thought these units would become as low as $30. Good times...
Old Nov 05, 2011, 04:31 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,760 Posts
I have mine installed but have yet tested it , I do have a couple of questions maybe "beenflying" you could answer for me .

First is there any way you know of to slow the action of the tail servo down just a little? It seems like it is super quick to react to any input, I'm running a digital MKS brushless 760us servo that operates at 0.03sec/@60*.

Second a couple of times on the bench setting up and testing it will do this weird movement to the swash while in HH mode where it kinda tilts hi on the right and down on the left and back. As some as I switch it to normal mode or give it any collective it stops and levels out and goes to normal . My cyclic servos are digital as well, and my "servo type" is set at 5 flashes any help is appreciated.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Nov 05, 2011, 06:15 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,785 Posts
Don't be worried about the speed the servo moves at on the ground. This will be quite different in the air, when the tail can move to the piro rate requested. Just use some dual rates on the rudder, say 70%, for the first flight until you get a feel for it. I'm using the DS95i on mine and it works great.

I can't at the moment think of a reason for the cyclic to tilt and I haven't seen this with mine. Is piro compensation set correctly yet?
Old Nov 05, 2011, 08:30 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,760 Posts
Yes , it moves like a compass when I go into that setting it is pointing at my doorway opening and as I rotate the heli up to 180* (I run out of room it's a 700) it stays pointing in the direction of the doorway opening. Is this not correct?

70% expo or travel on the DR?
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Nov 05, 2011, 09:10 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Maidened mine today. One of the smoothest maidens yet. Needed to do some very minor gain adjustments but all in all its a very impressive unit for its price.
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:54 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,036 Posts
Sorry - mis-read the question ..
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC