SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:08 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,318 Posts
rotorboy....what are all your settings for the tail with the DS480? I will move my ball link also to 9.5mm
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Hiya Spoofy!

You recommend the Emax 9257 do you??

I have been using this one and get great results but am always lookin' for a cheaper alternative!

b
The Turnigy ds480 is about 25 bucks--at hk, it is listed as MKS ds 480-or 470--THE FASTEST ONE!!!!!
rotorboy2.4 is offline Find More Posts by rotorboy2.4
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Brian, I've been using the Fitec FS9357D in my 500EFL Pro. Did you see the video? High speed backward loops, and the tail is super locked. I gave it a really hard workout on the bench, at 5.5 volts, before putting in the 500, and it passed with flying colors. Best tail servo I've found so far for the money, and it's rated for 6 volt operation. RCEhco has them for a good price or you can get it from eBay:
http://www.rcecho.com/product.php?pr...8&cat=0&page=1

The last one I got from RCEcho was the latest version with the new labeling:
http://www.fitecrc.com/all-products/...ter450500.html

It has very good torque compared to the 9257.
BF....You seem pretty confident in the Fitec servo. At half the price of the BlueBird it does look tempting to try.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
AMA # 949551
rikybob's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Brian, I've been using the Fitec FS9357D in my 500EFL Pro. Did you see the video? High speed backward loops, and the tail is super locked. I gave it a really hard workout on the bench, at 5.5 volts, before putting in the 500, and it passed with flying colors. Best tail servo I've found so far for the money, and it's rated for 6 volt operation. RCEhco has them for a good price or you can get it from eBay:
http://www.rcecho.com/product.php?pr...8&cat=0&page=1

The last one I got from RCEcho was the latest version with the new labeling:
http://www.fitecrc.com/all-products/...ter450500.html

It has very good torque compared to the 9257.

Thanx for the "thumbs up"!

My style of flyin' tends to not exploit all the benefits of great servos but I like the alternative to this which has proven to be a GREAT servo as well!

Best to ya!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorboy2.4 View Post
The Turnigy ds480 is about 25 bucks--at hk, it is listed as MKS ds 480-or 470--THE FASTEST ONE!!!!!
I think HobbyKing have discontinued the DS480, at least last time I checked it wasn't there.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:21 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
rotorboy....what are all your settings for the tail with the DS480? I will move my ball link also to 9.5mm
In my radio--its 70 DR--28 expo--in the zyx, its extreme 3d----on the SLIDE screen--gain at 40, both pitch and roll on main rotor --on tail-- on the slide screen left yaw 50--rt yaw 50 everything else on the slide screen stayed the same.--on the advanced settings--rc dead band 10 main and tail. Tail accel left and rt--100.--tail decel both 25.--tail yaw I gain 25--and tail comp--collective/tail-8 thats it--if ya need more---we are here!!
rotorboy2.4 is offline Find More Posts by rotorboy2.4
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I think HobbyKing have discontinued the DS480, at least last time I checked it wasn't there.
yea--its under the MKS NOW--was at Apro hobbies--now hk-mks
rotorboy2.4 is offline Find More Posts by rotorboy2.4
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
BF....You seem pretty confident in the Fitec servo. At half the price of the BlueBird it does look tempting to try.
It's performing very well, and I like that it's rated for use up to 6 volts. Obviously time will tell for longevity on the bird, but so far so good.

Edit: BTW, I'm running it at 5 volts on the 500.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Feb 14, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:22 PM
AMA # 949551
rikybob's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorboy2.4 View Post
The Turnigy ds480 is about 25 bucks--at hk, it is listed as MKS ds 480-or 470--THE FASTEST ONE!!!!!

Thanx Rotorboy, I have used the DS480 and enjoyed it over time!

Hmmmm quick check at HK and it's MIA!

I particularly like(d) its small form factor!

I got turned on to the RC711 3DPRO DS9257 and it's great but sadly the size and weight of a 1974 Buick Electra! But its really NICE!

Funny things is, is that it doesn't phase my 450 or 500 a bit!

Now we have another alternative in the FITEC FS9357D!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Thanx Rotorboy, I have used the DS480 and enjoyed it over time!

Hmmmm quick check at HK and it's MIA!

I particularly like(d) its small form factor!

I got turned on to the RC711 3DPRO DS9257 and it's great but sadly the size and weight of a 1974 Buick Electra! But its really NICE!

Funny things is, is that it doesn't phase my 450 or 500 a bit!

Now we have another alternative in the FITEC FS9357D!

b
its under mks now--the fast one--goto a pro hobbies its discontinued--get the specs though,and go to hk,and look at mks with that spec---SAME SERVO--its either mks ds480--or 470!---but compare the specs to get the rt one!!---YES--I just looked it up at hk--MKS-DS470--.089 speed--2.37kg torque-----21 bucks---you can look under reviews--SAME SERVO as turn ds480!
rotorboy2.4 is offline Find More Posts by rotorboy2.4
Last edited by rotorboy2.4; Feb 14, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:29 PM
AMA # 949551
rikybob's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorboy2.4 View Post
its under mks now--the fast one--goto a pro hobbies its discontinued--get the specs though,and go to hk,and look at mks with that spec---SAME SERVO--its either mks ds480--or 470!---but compare the specs to get the rt one!!

Yah, it's here!

Great lil servo!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorboy2.4 View Post
In my radio--its 70 DR--28 expo--in the zyx, its extreme 3d----on the SLIDE screen--gain at 40, both pitch and roll on main rotor --on tail-- on the slide screen left yaw 50--rt yaw 50 everything else on the slide screen stayed the same.--on the advanced settings--rc dead band 10 main and tail. Tail accel left and rt--100.--tail decel both 25.--tail yaw I gain 25--and tail comp--collective/tail-8 thats it--if ya need more---we are here!!
Thank you sir. I will give it another go. Pray no broken blades..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
It's performing very well, and I like that it's rated for use up to 6 volts. Obvious time will tell for longevity on the bird, but so far so good.
BF...I trust your judgement so I'll give it a try too.. Do you still have the BlueBird BMS-396DMH servo that I have also? How does it compare?
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:37 PM
Registered User
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Mar 2009
156 Posts
the ds480 is Only good for 5volts--be carefull-----I have run them on 6 for some time with no issues--but believe I was pushng my luck!
rotorboy2.4 is offline Find More Posts by rotorboy2.4
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,318 Posts
My SBEC puts out about 5.6V but I have only had good luck in the past with this servo on the tail with a GY48V and even still it drifted after 4 mins. I just want to fly the V2 until I get a new tail servo like the Fitec or Blue Bird.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:27 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
...
BF...I trust your judgement so I'll give it a try too.. Do you still have the BlueBird BMS-396DMH servo that I have also? How does it compare?
Thanks for the complement. I didn't end up getting the BMS-396DMH, even though the specs looked excellent. I already had two Ino-lab D261HB's and then decided to go down the MKS DS95i path.

It should be an excellent tail servo. I see several people have reported it works well as a tail servo in the discussion tab.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New ALZRC 3GYS Flybarless System beenflying Mini Helis 644 Dec 07, 2012 04:44 AM
Found Tarot 450 or like, long flybarless feather shafts TubeBarHeli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 25, 2011 01:13 PM
For Sale New Align 3G Flybarless System V2.1 ptt81 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 06, 2011 04:55 PM
For Sale New 2 cell esc &motor FBL 4g6 spektromized DSM2 spektrum Sat URondo Flybarless system blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2011 06:09 PM
Discussion Tarot Flybarless avengedkevinfold Electric Heli Talk 1 May 04, 2011 04:46 AM