Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
Failsafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc8guru View Post
One thing I noticed is the unit seems to overrides my spektrum fail safe settings. I tried several times to set the fail safe on the receiver but it won't take. I am guessing the flybarless unit has something to do with it.
I'm using an FrSky RX with my JR radio, and I use failsafe to park the main blades in the right position to fit the blade holder - and the controller (admittedly the CX) does not override the failsafe settings.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:47 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,250 Posts
Hey 2doggs that is a great idea! I have 2 FrSky futabas. I'm stealing it...lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,138 Posts
Cx -3x1000......

Here is a viddy of my sport flying (AKA known as "Fish tankin'"!

I love this ZYX FBL system so much I pulled the trigger on the Copter X 3X1000 for my Align 500CF!

Hopefully it's a good analogy??

"Flybar who needs a stinkin' flybar"???

Best to all!

In particular BeenFlyin and the Spoof!

Brian

02102012a (13 min 46 sec)

The actual maiden of the ZYX below:

Tarot ZYX FBL on HK450GT Maiden! (16 min 37 sec)
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Feb 11, 2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: continuity!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:11 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Uhm RB this is Tarot, not CX. lol
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Uhm RB this is Tarot, not CX. lol
How ya been Pitch Pump??

Yah a little confusing in my prose.......I installed the ZYX and have flown same..........buyin' the Copter X as I, through my vast reading of threads suspect it's an analogy?? (Sure as heck hope so)!

Hope all is well in YOUR world!

b
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:13 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,883 Posts
Hi Brian. Great to see your heli flying so well. If you like your 450 flybarless, wait until you fly your 500. My 500EFL Pro with the ZYX is my favorite heli.

All the best, David.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:20 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Hi Brian. Great to see your heli flying so well. If you like your 450 flybarless, wait until you fly your 500. My 500EFL Pro with the ZYX is my favorite heli.

All the best, David.
Hiya David!

I think I need a "cut" of all the FBL stuff that I have sold in the last few days.

Are you listening mfgs???

Since I'm the LCD (Lowest Common Denominator) and (by following your great lead) I could actually set this up......my pals figured they could actually do it!

Cha ching go the registers around the world!

Just a quick question about the CopterX FBL unit and its eventual install on my Align 500CF........should I expect the CopterX to be a pretty exact analog of the ZYX??

Best to ya and many, many thanx for helping me into the (affordable) future of our hobby!

Brian
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,883 Posts
Hehe!!! You'll have to share with all of the other people in this community that have helped make these gyros so popular.

As far as the ZYX & CX being the same. I can say that they both appear to come from the same factory:
1/ The main circuit board is the the same and has the same number on it.
2/ They both report the same firmware version number.

So other than the case and the way they handle the RX connections, they "appear" to be identical.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:27 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
2 Boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
So other than the case and the way they handle the RX connections, they "appear" to be identical.
And of course the Tarot program box looks a bit spiffier than the utilitarian CX one - but it's pity they're not compatible! The separate FBL to RX leads on the Tarot make the Tarot more versatile from an install perspective, possibly giving it an advantage for larger helis.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,815 Posts
I made a video of the Tarot 500 problem I'm having. The first part of the video illustrates what too much coffee can do. But toward the end right when the timer goes off, the problem starts. I know the video doesn't show it but it flies really good before it starts. So, this time I landed and took off again and the problem was present right away. Check out how I had to land quickly after I took off again. Hope you can see what I'm talking about. It took almost the full 4 mins to start acting up. This is with a known good ZYX unit out of one of my 450s. PITA having to set it up all over again but it eliminated the ZYX unit as being the problem. I'll post a picture of the wire bundle to see if you guys might think that's the problem. Next I might try and mounting the receiver outside the frame.
Tarot 500 (6 min 33 sec)

At about 6:20 check out how it wants to keep tilting. It takes a lot of correction in the other direction to keep it from going to far. Now I'll be afraid to fly it very high at all till I figure this out.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Feb 12, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:19 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
How ya been Pitch Pump??

Yah a little confusing in my prose.......I installed the ZYX and have flown same..........buyin' the Copter X as I, through my vast reading of threads suspect it's an analogy?? (Sure as heck hope so)!

Hope all is well in YOUR world!

b
RB my friend you got the zyx and the CX aswell. you seem to have both dialled in nicely. I hope when i get mine will be nicely dialled in as yours. Did it take you long to dial in the zyx?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:57 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
At about 6:20 check out how it wants to keep tilting. It takes a lot of correction in the other direction to keep it from going to far. Now I'll be afraid to fly it very high at all till I figure this out.
I can't really see much in the video except that it looks like you are pretty close to the ground at the end and probably in "ground effect" which could cause issues, does it happens if you are higher up ?
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:26 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Hey Barnstorm,

If I saw it right, the heli wanted to roll starboard and you were correcting to port. Did you look at the swashplate after you landed? Was it straight, or tilted?

I've experienced a swash tilt and lockout on my 500 Protos. It was caused by static from the tail rotor. Read this post for details and see if it sounds familiar: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=788
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:30 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
I can't really see much in the video except that it looks like you are pretty close to the ground at the end and probably in "ground effect" which could cause issues, does it happens if you are higher up ?
I know its hard to see. I'm close to the ground at the beginning also. Its like it doesn't return the swash plate back to level fast enough. I'll figure it out in time. If I went up higher, I'm pretty sure it would dive to the left or right and crash. Something changes. I put a different motor in to try in the morning.(no idea what that has to do with it) Then I'll try moving the rx. Its the same rx/gyro I have on 2 other 450s I've heard about the static problem with the Specktrum receivers.
Oh, about the motor. I can't remember where I heard it but the length of the leads coming out of the motor makes a difference. The motor that I've been testing with had the leads shorten quiet a bit(don't ask why).
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:17 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
motor leads can't be too long. Shorter shouldn't be a problem.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M