No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post

Chill guys.

Terry
+1 Terry. This is the reason why i took a looong break from helis for awhile. I needed to chill. I took up my other hobby, which i neglected for awhile (dating women). That has really helped me out a lot! It helped me release all that tension from crashing!!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 08:40 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
On another note.. I definately can't wait to get my ZYX in the mail. I see more and more videos of the Tarot ZYX FBL unit performing almost just as good as a beastx. For the price the Tarot ZYX FBL unit is a bang for buck.

trex 450 pro v2 by tarot zyx@best (5 min 14 sec)
Old Feb 08, 2012, 08:52 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
On another note.. I definately can't wait to get my ZYX in the mail. I see more and more videos of the Tarot ZYX FBL unit performing almost just as good as a beastx. For the price the Tarot ZYX FBL unit is a bang for buck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Pj2QAbdBo
Yes, lots of good hard 3D videos like that one for the ZYX. It sure is the best indication of a good gyro. It's still hard to find one for the ASSAN GA250.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 08, 2012, 09:15 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Yes, lots of good hard 3D videos like that one for the ZYX. It sure is the best indication of a good gyro. It's still hard to find one for the ASSAN GA250.
oh the assan what do you do with that meng. let's just move on my brother
Old Feb 08, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
ZYX unit is stuck in loading data

Hi, just got done assembling my Tarot 500 with Tarot FBL head and gyro. Started last night when I got home from work and stayed up late putting it together. I finished tonight when I got home. I still have to install tail blades and test it for a couple of batteries before I spin it up with main blades.
I'm not sure why but it won't load data to program box from unit? It worked fine last night setting up head gyro. I just need to get more travel out of the tail servo.
Thanks for any help
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2006
273 Posts
I just set mine up. All went smooth except I have no pitch and no elevator. The elevator servo functions under gyro compensation. I.E. The elevator servo moves when you pitch the nose forward and aft. All other servos function normally.
I have a jr 9303 and this is on a Trex 450. I think the unit may be bad. I I missing something?
dhc8guru is offline Find More Posts by dhc8guru
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc8guru View Post
I just set mine up. All went smooth except I have no pitch and no elevator. The elevator servo functions under gyro compensation. I.E. The elevator servo moves when you pitch the nose forward and aft. All other servos function normally.
I have a jr 9303 and this is on a Trex 450. I think the unit may be bad. I I missing something?
The unit isn't bad. Yeah, you missed something, just cant tell you what I had the same problem for a few minutes and the I saw satellite receiver was unplugged. But I think its something with receiver. Try rebinding it. Just my guess.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:46 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
When you say pitch and elevator do you mean the pitch and elevator servo. If you don't have pitch (collective) all three servos moving up and down then it's a cable or Rx issue. Try plugging a servo directly into the Rx and see if they do what you expect for that channel (pitch and elevator).

Also make sure your TX is configured for Helicopter 1 servo 90 degree (no mixing). When you look at your monitor screen only one channel should change with each stick axis, except throttle which should move two (pitch and throttle (unless throttle hold is on)).
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Hi, just got done assembling my Tarot 500 with Tarot FBL head and gyro. Started last night when I got home from work and stayed up late putting it together. I finished tonight when I got home. I still have to install tail blades and test it for a couple of batteries before I spin it up with main blades.
I'm not sure why but it won't load data to program box from unit? It worked fine last night setting up head gyro. I just need to get more travel out of the tail servo.
Thanks for any help
It was the cable. Just happened to have another
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:17 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,900 Posts
Quote:
Check that you have your elevator cable from the FBL unit to the Rx the correct way up - it has black / red / black connectors and can easily be fitted upside-down.
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
564 Posts
HK450TT Pro finally lost her flybar...

Got my HK-450TT Pro put back together with the all-silver Tarot 450FL flybarless head and ZYX 3-axis gyro this last week. Boy is she lookin' sexy ;-)

Here's a pre-maiden checkout-flight, showing just how easy it is to use the Tarot ZYX programming card to make adjustments at the field. Tweaked pitch range, cyclic gain, and agility to get a much better feel and response.

It's a bit on the boring side, but hope you get a laugh out of the opening...

HK-450TT Pro FBL Pre-Maiden Tuning w/ZYX Gyro Programmer (11 min 12 sec)

By the way, I suggest you do NOT try to mount the gyro on top of the receiver and squeeze them both inside the frame... not enough room and vibes will totally screw things up: tried to put her in a hover and she was pitching and yawing spitting angrely about 30 degrees at a time... very lucky I put her down in one piece! Anyway, mounted both gyro and rx outside the frame, and life is now good ;-)
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Last edited by ZeroPitch; Feb 09, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:47 AM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
very impressive. Both the pilot and the equipments. I never thought HK-450 heli can fly like that and I think I'm sold on that ZYX FBL controller. Nice flying.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:02 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
Not to interrupt, but the last time I looked, my flybarless head DOES NOT HAVE ANY MIXING ARMS! So not much to the mechanical setup beyound getting the servo horns on correctly and setting the swash servo links and up links.
I agree. Lets all take it easy.

Flybarless heads do have lower mixing arms though which need to be level.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=333963

And yes, they are mixing arms, that's what Align calls them.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:11 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
Flybarless heads do have lower mixing arms though which need to be level.
No need for them to be level - all they are doing is locking the head in relation to the swash.

They needed to be level previously, when they were mixing arms, to give symetrical up / down movements, all they do now is fix the swash / head relationship. So long as they have enough movement to allow full swash movement, no need for them to be flat - though they do look smarter that way
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:19 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Not quite true, you'll see that not having them level at mid-stick will always give you unequal pitch range for positive and negative pitch directions. It simply means the three servo push rods do not get the swash plate high or low enough for a truly mechanically neutral setup.

They may not look like they are doing much, but they are in fact quite essential.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX