HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
What exactly is wrong? Don't they only sell the Tarot 500ESP? If not, then there's clearly a typo on their website seeing how there's two of them.
They show a Tarot 500 ESP but I don't think they have any. After not sending anything for a month, I sent a message to credit my paypal account. They replied they would send it out that day. Well, I got it today and its the plastic model EP500.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:53 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Yea I think leader had the plastic 500 for like $40
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
A very good write up from TOYRECYCLER on tuning the ZYX.

Check it out
http://www.toyrecycler.net/?p=23279

This site may answer many questions regarding the values in the advance menu.
ebartolome is offline Find More Posts by ebartolome
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Very good write-up indeed. Sounds a lit like the AC-3X manual...
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebartolome View Post
A very good write up from TOYRECYCLER on tuning the ZYX.

Check it out
http://www.toyrecycler.net/?p=23279

This site may answer many questions regarding the values in the advance menu.
It seems to be direct copy paste from http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579703
I wrote that manual and asked if people from this forum, if anyone has something to add there or find errors from that.

Manual is still missing information for swash acceleration and deceleration. Can anybody tell what happens if swash acceleration/deceleration is too low or high?
jaahaavi is offline Find More Posts by jaahaavi
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:49 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaahaavi View Post
It seems to be direct copy paste from http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579703
I wrote that manual and asked if people from this forum, if anyone has something to add there or find errors from that.

Manual is still missing information for swash acceleration and deceleration. Can anybody tell what happens if swash acceleration/deceleration is too low or high?
Hi,

Would you mind if I integrated the information on your 'manual' into my FBL software.
I am thinking that I could add a ? to each parameter and pop up a dialog with the relevant information in it.

- John
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
Hi,

Would you mind if I integrated the information on your 'manual' into my FBL software.
I am thinking that I could add a ? to each parameter and pop up a dialog with the relevant information in it.

- John
Sure you can use it. It would be great that the PC software has explanations for those settings.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:59 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:

good job jaahaavi! Thanks.

For the swash accel/decel, I'm guessing they act the same as for the tail.

Also I disagree with your manual on the point that Pitch and Roll settings ought to be the same. A helicopter is an asymmetric machine. It's far easier to roll than flip over the tail boom. It's also easier to roll right for that matter as well as yaw left. Just my $0.02...
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:44 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2010
20 Posts
Quote:

Great write up jaahaavi

Thanks for taking the time to do this.
ebartolome is offline Find More Posts by ebartolome
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:44 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
They show a Tarot 500 ESP but I don't think they have any. After not sending anything for a month, I sent a message to credit my paypal account. They replied they would send it out that day. Well, I got it today and its the plastic model EP500.
Either that or one of the ESPs is actually an EP version. Makes sense too as they are both belt versions.

I'd ask them for an exchange and send it back, if doing that is worth anything to you.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:11 PM
State College, PA USA
Joined Oct 2005
16 Posts
+1 installed and flying...

Finally had the time to install my ZYX and Tarot head on the used 250 clone I got a few months back. I did not not really want to even bother with the 250 Tarot head until I got a hold of some green bearing retainer compound to take the head slop out of those blade grips. With that sorted out, the rest was all pretty simple. I did the standard setup via the radio (tips from ZeroPitch helped! -- Thanks!) and things went smooth. Once I got most of the mechanical slop out of my tail, and got the tail gain dialed in, I was pretty happy with it. I have about 20+ flights on it, and it's more fun each time I fly it! A few pics are on my blog.

Eventually, I may order a cable and try out the software to fine tune things, but I pretty much like it the way it is so far.
RobK is offline Find More Posts by RobK
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,760 Posts
Quote:
Either that or one of the ESPs is actually an EP version. Makes sense too as they are both belt versions.

I'd ask them for an exchange and send it back, if doing that is worth anything to you.
Thanks PHMX, the guy said he would give me a full refund if I send it back but its $30 to $40
Old Feb 03, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
good job jaahaavi! Thanks.

For the swash accel/decel, I'm guessing they act the same as for the tail.

Also I disagree with your manual on the point that Pitch and Roll settings ought to be the same. A helicopter is an asymmetric machine. It's far easier to roll than flip over the tail boom. It's also easier to roll right for that matter as well as yaw left. Just my $0.02...
Yeah, I think you got point there. My explanation is misleading.
e.g. I had wrote:
("Roll D gain" and "Pitch D gain" values should be always the same.)
But I meant to wrote something like this:
(In all five default profiles "Roll D gain" value is identical to "Pitch D gain" value.)

Is that now better?
Old Feb 03, 2012, 06:46 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Thanks PHMX, the guy said he would give me a full refund if I send it back but its $30 to $40
Alright. That's to bad man. Yeah, sounds like you'd better keep it and upgrade some of the plastic stuff then, right? For a return of around 100$, I'd probably keep the model.

What strikes me though is that they also have two different prices. One is 206.33$ , the other is 148.88$.

I think they should clarify why there's such a difference there, regardless of a full refund.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,760 Posts
Quote:
Alright. That's to bad man. Yeah, sounds like you'd better keep it and upgrade some of the plastic stuff then, right? For a return of around 100$, I'd probably keep the model.

What strikes me though is that they also have two different prices. One is 206.33$ , the other is 148.88$.

I think they should clarify why there's such a difference there, regardless of a full refund.
Yeah, the $148 one wasn't there the other day. I think they got a shipment of the cheaper one in and didn't realize they were different. They are going to send out the metal parts to replace the plastic ones.
Thanks for noticing. I don't think they were trying to pull a fast one. They just didn't know.