HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
I'm sure this question has already been answered but when I am in FFF the tail on my Blade 450 wags back and forth quite violently. I have lowered the rudder gain on the transmitter and it has helped. With a dedicated rudder gyro the tail would wag back in forth in a hover when the gain is too high. With the FBL unit I did not notice this wagging of the tail until I went into FFF. Is this what others have experienced?
FuntanaS is offline Find More Posts by FuntanaS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:45 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntanaS View Post
I'm sure this question has already been answered but when I am in FFF the tail on my Blade 450 wags back and forth quite violently. I have lowered the rudder gain on the transmitter and it has helped. With a dedicated rudder gyro the tail would wag back in forth in a hover when the gain is too high. With the FBL unit I did not notice this wagging of the tail until I went into FFF. Is this what others have experienced?
Try lowering the gain even more, its quite common for the tail to wag in FFF because of the extra wind flow on the tail which essentially increases the tail gain.
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost2212 View Post
Try lowering the gain even more, its quite common for the tail to wag in FFF because of the extra wind flow on the tail which essentially increases the tail gain.
Cool, thanks for the response.
FuntanaS is offline Find More Posts by FuntanaS
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jginsandiego View Post
Well gang of a few pages later and a week later I think we finally figured it all out it seems to have been a couple of things can say exactly which one showed up first or last but nevertheless well down at the field yesterday we found a little bit of binding in the tail pitch linkage and then the crazier thing that happened was when we want to go booted up to fly it it seem like the whole unit ZY X-unit had actually gone back to maybe original default settings which I don't understand how that could happen I never even hooked it back up to a computer from a flight just a couple days before with the Tailwag but otherwise flew fine anyways I want to say thanks to everyone and Emerson who also helped me he has the newest version of the software on the laptop USB system and reset all of my settings and also making some new changes but it looks like it's flying as good as before the blade grip incident which put me in this debacle 4 flights today and all is well I'm thinking about taking the new ZYX unit that I have on its way and put it on my 500 which is going to be fbl soon I've had the fly bar less head now for four months waiting to figure out what to do
nice
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Dec 2003
34 Posts
Anyone with any ideas at all about failure of connection to software? I have transmitter to heli connection...sticks work the servos..just cannot connect to Tarot software with Tarot USB cable. Any ideas on what is happening would be appreciated a lot. I've re installed everything..driver is working..pc recognizes the usb...it just won't connect.
HEMISAVOY is offline Find More Posts by HEMISAVOY
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:43 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
The gyro must be initialized (Tx and Rx on) and the assigned coms port number must be 4 or lower (i.e. COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4).

Also try John_NZ's software:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1568592
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:07 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Dec 2003
34 Posts
John_NZ's software connected! I will be hitting the donation button on his website. It was the only thing that worked. Connected instantly.
HEMISAVOY is offline Find More Posts by HEMISAVOY
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:13 PM
Helis & Floatplanes
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
162 Posts
@beenflying - I'm using Windows XP Pro with the Tarot USB adapter and it connected easily using COM 12. I have had numerous USB devices connected from time to time, and they each seem to reserve a COM port address. So, Windows XP assigned COM 12 and John's software detected, listed, and used it.
Tahuyeh is offline Find More Posts by Tahuyeh
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:52 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISAVOY View Post
John_NZ's software connected! I will be hitting the donation button on his website. It was the only thing that worked. Connected instantly.
I could not get the stock software to connect either. I had to also download John_NZ's version. Then it worked perfectly.
rocketscience is online now Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
@beenflying - I'm using Windows XP Pro with the Tarot USB adapter and it connected easily using COM 12. I have had numerous USB devices connected from time to time, and they each seem to reserve a COM port address. So, Windows XP assigned COM 12 and John's software detected, listed, and used it.
Yes, John's software works with any port. The original Tarot software and the ones I created for the other brands (patched Tarot software), will only work with COM1 to COM4.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:14 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISAVOY View Post
Thanks! That is much appreciated.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:53 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
I'm now getting maybe 1600mah out of the 2200 packs, after maybe 70 - 100 cycles, compared with 1800 when they were new, for the same end of flight voltage. From my Superbrain ESC flight data logs, I can also see that there's greater voltage drop under load in the Zippy packs than in my slightly older Rhino ones. The Zippy's now seem to be effectively 15c packs, not liking sustained current draw much over 30A.
Interesting data, but don't forget how those lipos are being marketed;

From Hobbyking site;

(http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ipo_basics.asp)

Quote:
TURNIGY® Batteries explained
Zippy: Great value for money. Average Cycle Life* (100+) and minimal voltage sag under load.
TURNIGY Standard: Excellent value, Longer Cycle life* (160+) and very low voltage sag under load.
TUNIGY nano-tech: Unbeatable performance, Longest Cycle Life* (250+) and almost 0 voltage sag under load.
*Cycle Life results from discharging at full C rate to 3v. End of life when battery has 80% capacity.
Not sure how the Rhinos fit in, but I'd say those are probably considerably higher end lipos compared with the Zippys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuyeh View Post
Keep in mind that you can in fact delete those entries as they are just registry entries. I think there's probably still a limit on how much USB devices can be registered in Windows simultaneously and some indeed seem to re-register basically every time you connect them physically if it's not the same physical USB port each time. At least this seems to have been the case with Windows XP and Vista.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Last edited by PHMX; Jan 30, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,494 Posts
Mine registered as com 4 Windows 7
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
I received a Tarot EP 500 today. I ordered a Tarot 500ESP from CYmodel. I think it was Beenflying that said he had trouble with them. I opened a dispute through paypal and asked for a refund. Are they going to ask me to send it back? Oh well, learned my lesson.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:12 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I received a Tarot EP 500 today. I ordered a Tarot 500ESP from CYmodel. I think it was Beenflying that said he had trouble with them. I opened a dispute through paypal and asked for a refund. Are they going to ask me to send it back? Oh well, learned my lesson.
What exactly is wrong? Don't they only sell the Tarot 500ESP? If not, then there's clearly a typo on their website seeing how there's two of them.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX