HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Yes, that's my understanding as well.

I don't quite know the difference between 80 and 40 in real-life with faster servos, but I'd reckon it's huge.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Last edited by PHMX; Jan 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:11 PM
nananabooboo!!
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2003
1,130 Posts
So....can anybody explain this: Missing text and unabled to maximize screen...

IDK...update video drivers?
nieves50 is offline Find More Posts by nieves50
Last edited by nieves50; Sep 21, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
There's 2 dead bands (DB):
RC DB is the one applicable to the stick - big number ignores stick movement around center; small number can result in unintended input on the wrong axis<< taylor this to how precise your stick movements are.

Gyro DB ignores small gyro corrections - big number results in poor stability and drift; too small a number can overwork your servos<<taylor this to your servo DB.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
There's 2 dead bands (DB):
RC DB is the one applicable to the stick - big number ignores stick movement around center; small number can result in unintended input on the wrong axis<< taylor this to how precise your stick movements are.

Gyro DB ignores small gyro corrections - big number results in poor stability and drift; too small a number can overwork your servos<<taylor this to your servo DB.
Ahhhhh... that makes sense and explains why there are 2 settings, lol...
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:53 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieves50 View Post
So....can anybody explain this: Missing text and unabled to maximize screen...

IDK...update video drivers?
I believe this is the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
The Tarot app is expecting a DPI setting of 96. If you've increased the Windows font size (which changes the DPI setting) the app will not fit in the frame.
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
Old Jan 23, 2012, 03:31 PM
nananabooboo!!
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2003
1,130 Posts
You are correct....Fixed my issue by going to (WIN 7)

CONTROL PANEL / APPEARANCE & PERSONALIZATION / DISPLAY / MAKE EASIER TO READ WHATS ON YOUR SCREEN.

It was @ 125%....changed to 100% and all is good....
Software still crashes if I immediately start messing with settings???
nieves50 is offline Find More Posts by nieves50
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,743 Posts
Had a chance to take my Mini Titan to the park after installing new HiTec HS5065 MG digital servos. I lowered the RC dead band on tail. This now is the best heli I've ever flown. I also have a Blueray Trex clone with the ZYX gyro on it. I going to try the #3 model with that one on the ZYX and do some more flips. This gyro has changed the way I think about these helis. That's why I got a Tarot FBL head and gyro for the Tarot 500 ESP that I'm getting. Can't wait to put that one together.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:11 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,778 Posts
I got the Tarot 500 FBL head the other day as well. Looks like a nice piece of kit. I'd like to have seen the blade arms a little bit longer but it shouldn't be a problem.

I was surprised it wasn't as low as the Align 500EFL Pro head. Tarot were quick to lower the 450 head to flybar height but seem to have keep this head at the 500 3G FBL height.

Perhaps they'll release another rotor housing in the future like they have with the 450 head.

I see Align have just released a new 550/600 low head (like the recently released 700DFC head):
http://www.helipross.com/600dfc-main...et-h60239.html

Let's hope a 500 and 450 DFC head is yet to follow.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:48 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
564 Posts
Got my 3rd ZYX Gyro today and another 450FL head, this one all silver and just dying to get dropped in my HK450TT Pro
ZeroPitch is offline Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Nice new head from Align. Looks a lot like the compass FBL head design, which I've always liked.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:46 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,743 Posts
Quote:
I got the Tarot 500 FBL head the other day as well. Looks like a nice piece of kit. I'd like to have seen the blade arms a little bit longer but it shouldn't be a problem.

I was surprised it wasn't as low as the Align 500EFL Pro head. Tarot were quick to lower the 450 head to flybar height but seem to have keep this head at the 500 3G FBL height.

Perhaps they'll release another rotor housing in the future like they have with the 450 head.

I see Align have just released a new 550/600 low head (like the recently released 700DFC head):
http://www.helipross.com/600dfc-main...et-h60239.html

Let's hope a 500 and 450 DFC head is yet to follow.
I probably won't notice the height difference but if they come out with a different one, I'm sure to get it.
Have you been able to use the links that come with the Tarot 500FBL head? I know the one end is reverse thread but I can't get them to screw together. I got a set of links for a Trex 500FL and hoping they fit.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:53 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Nice new head from Align. Looks a lot like the compass FBL head design, which I've always liked.
Yes, I've always liked the compass FBL head, also. I wonder how well it stands up in a crash. If it's stronger than a wire pushrod and less likely to pop off, then the servo gears are going to suffer. They need to start thinking about servo arms that will shear off under a very high load.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I probably won't notice the height difference but if they come out with a different one, I'm sure to get it.
Have you been able to use the links that come with the Tarot 500FBL head? I know the one end is reverse thread but I can't get them to screw together. I got a set of links for a Trex 500FL and hoping they fit.
I haven't opened the packet yet. You have to hold the rod and screw each ball link on separately (noting which one is reverse) and pushing firmly.

I use these ones now:
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=5317
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:
I haven't opened the packet yet. You have to hold the rod and screw each ball link on separately (noting which one is reverse) and pushing firmly.

I use these ones now:
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=5317
Aren't those too long for a 450? 48mm? Mine are 33 mm on the CopterX Black Angel FBL head...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined May 2011
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I've always liked the compass FBL head, also. I wonder how well it stands up in a crash. If it's stronger than a wire pushrod and less likely to pop off, then the servo gears are going to suffer. They need to start thinking about servo arms that will shear off under a very high load.
I agree. The new Aligns and the ones on Compass don't look like they pop off at all. This might translate to pulverized servos in a crash... Especially on bigger birds.