HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:02 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
I DID notice the sync was out on the pitch pumps but didn't say anything cause I think I niggle you enough as it is!

b
Nah, the sync is good. I think its the delay between servo action and flight reaction as the hell is floating on a bed of air
sgbfly is offline Find More Posts by sgbfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:07 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
10 out of 10 for your efforts Simon.

I must just say, I have got my settings about right with V4.0, I had to reduce my main gains from 40 to 33 with MG90S servos.

I am surprised to say (gobsmacked even!) it flys as well as my AR7200BX in my Blade 300X
That said - I don't fly anywhere near as aggressively as Simon (yet!)
Thanks. Next video instalment is an hour away and is a very nasty pitch up
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:13 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pani View Post
I got fed up waiting for the wind to die so I went out to try my new V4 ZYX. It was quite windy today and I managed to get 3 flights in. V4 software default hard 3d settings and gains. Precomp on the tail for collective at 8. No precomp for cyclic as it tends to screw up my wanna be tic tocs. I can't fly 3D so I concentrated on piro precision and general flight differences since V3.5. On the first flight the tail gain was too high so I landed went down 10 points and procceded with flight no2. Piro stability is much improved. Also overal gains seem higher than 3.5. I really liked how it felt although not much different than 3.5. I tried to simulate any FFF pitch up but failed even in today's high wind. I could not detect it though even on 3.5 software on the 500. On the 450 i did have an issue with it. Will have to report back when the wind gets better. The third video is being uploaded as we speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQl0ld7hZmc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH6GVQg9pqk
Great vids Pani, especially #2
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:33 AM
Athens
Joined Sep 2006
60 Posts
Thanks mate!

There goes the 3rd flight.

Protos (3 min 30 sec)
pani is offline Find More Posts by pani
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:56 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,531 Posts
I got my 4.0 software to show the COM ports now, I opened it up while in normal mode instead of Safe Mode on my laptop. However, my laptop is so slow in normal mode (that's why I use safe mode) that programming the thing might not be possible but I'll try it.

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:00 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
An especially nasty pitchup in the middle of this vid. It is very sudden and shudders through the helicopter making the swash cam move and vibrate. Therefore the onboard picture is not great. However, slowing it down we can see that during pitchup the swash does little to react. One of two possibilities:

1) The zyx does not respond to the rotor disc suddenly changing to a new orientation
2) The servos don't have enough torque.

I can almost certainly rule out the later as earlier ZYX firmware does not have this problem, for example v3.02, meaning the problem is very likely within zyx programming.

LH-450bb FBL 031713 ZYX Pitchup With Swash Cam (4 min 48 sec)

Your thoughts guy's?

Simon
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:08 AM
Athens
Joined Sep 2006
60 Posts
Simon mate, from what I hear than see is that there is a massive bogging going on right at the moment the pitching begins. That means your battery motor combo is not up to the pitch that you are running. Please for the shake of argument lower your total pitch from whatever you have to +- 9 and fly again to see if it does it again. Also how many degrees cyclic do you have?
pani is offline Find More Posts by pani
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:29 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pani View Post
Simon mate, from what I hear than see is that there is a massive bogging going on right at the moment the pitching begins. That means your battery motor combo is not up to the pitch that you are running. Please for the shake of argument lower your total pitch from whatever you have to +- 9 and fly again to see if it does it again. Also how many degrees cyclic do you have?
That's right. But I think it's the pitch up that causes the bogging even though I admit the esky motor is not the strongest and the batteries are old and cold.

This heli was always a bit of an experiment as I set out to make her as lightweight as possible. As for pitch +-10 collective and +-7.5 on cyclic

S
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:34 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Let me add another stick to the fire. My first upload 4.0 to the 450, flies fine without the fuse installed, however when installed it does fine for a few seonds and then start to turn slowly to the left then starts to piro harder to the left.

I've taken it apart 3 times to check for any interference from the fuse and its fine.

I did take the canopy off for one test hover and it seemed better , almost a minute before the drift and piro.

My thinking is the magnets in the canopy may be a problem now with 4.0 as it didnt do this with the 3.5.

I think I'm going to go back to the 3.5 , Where do I get that one as the units already had that installed when I got them.

Edit; Never mind , I found the 3.5 firmware...... but thanks.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Last edited by War Horse; Mar 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfly View Post
That's right. But I think it's the pitch up that causes the bogging even though I admit the esky motor is not the strongest and the batteries are old and cold.

This heli was always a bit of an experiment as I set out to make her as lightweight as possible. As for pitch +-10 collective and +-7.5 on cyclic

S
It's not the motor battery combo, it's the incredibly quick reaction from the gyro causing the bog. JMHO. Jim
Jimbo45cn is online now Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:31 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,247 Posts
Software v4 - Collective Reversed?

Hi,

Did anyone notice that in Tarot Software v4 the Collective in the monitor screen is reversed? Or at least it is against John's v1.22 software.

I made a quick video because its so much easier to explain.

Tarot V4 Monitor on Collective is reversed.

Also, whats the throttle for?
bionicbone is offline Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:40 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Yes , mine too. I went from JnZ to the 4.0 everything changed and some things got reversed . I even needed to level the swash again. So I really needed to do a complete reprogramming.

Simon , nice job on the tail cam . And i thought i had a tight back garden LOL
Yes bionicbone . No idea about the throttle . Maybe trim?
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:40 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
It's not the motor battery combo, it's the incredibly quick reaction from the gyro causing the bog. JMHO. Jim
Are you sure? Not a lot of swash movement from the gyro reacting during the pitchup in the video.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:43 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
Tight back garden??

That's a massive back garden for the UK!
Nice
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:45 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I think I fried it...... I got the 3.5 rar file and put in in manually , it said it downloaded and now the thing comes on with a red and blue light then a yellow only.

I tried a reset and it wont connect anymore and only a yellow light.

Sweet bejebus, what the heck did I do here ??

Any ideas ? or did I just toast this thing?

War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse