HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:30 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Not sure what happened here, I think there's something wrong with my Tarot ZYX-S!

Surprisingly, no damage to the head or tail at all as far as I can see

Whole main frame cracked in half, though.... skids ruined and canopy is trash

It just wouldn't go forward, it kept pushing back and back as I slammed the stick to make it go forward. Finally had to cut the throttle and watch it crack into a bunch of pieces

I have no idea how that could happen... all the servos worked fine on the ground and it all looked good until I got it in the air!

Any thoughts?

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:39 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Here's the crash video...

Tarot ZYX-S Gyro Issues and Crash! (0 min 21 sec)

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:05 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
I think thats what happened to me before . It seemed to work right at start up , then it seemed some servos or gyro go into reverse . It happened a few pages back. now i make sure at start up everything is moving the right way .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:07 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I just downloaded v4.0 and put the (S-version).bin file in my upgrades folder. Do I need to upgrade to v3.5 first or can I jump from v3.0 straight to v4.0?
I went right to 4 without going to 3.5 without issue
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:49 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
OK I'm stupid now that I have the 7 zip thing, what do I chose in the menu ? It gives me about 10 choices and so far none of them do anything that I can see.

Sorry for being so ignorant
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:49 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Good to know jombo, thanks. I haven't flown since the fall so I think I'll take it up a few times here in the next few weeks to get used to it again, then upgrade it to v4.0 to see if I notice any differences.
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:53 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
OK I'm stupid now that I have the 7 zip thing, what do I chose in the menu ? It gives me about 10 choices and so far none of them do anything that I can see.

I just downloaded mine and had to click on browse at the bottom of those choices. I then went to my program files where I saved 7zip and selected it.

Went back to my downloads folder and was then able to click extract.
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:58 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Not sure what happened here, I think there's something wrong with my Tarot ZYX-S!

Surprisingly, no damage to the head or tail at all as far as I can see

Whole main frame cracked in half, though.... skids ruined and canopy is trash

It just wouldn't go forward, it kept pushing back and back as I slammed the stick to make it go forward. Finally had to cut the throttle and watch it crack into a bunch of pieces

I have no idea how that could happen... all the servos worked fine on the ground and it all looked good until I got it in the air!

Any thoughts?

Dan
Quote:
Here's the crash video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLDLOaN1rsQ

Dan
Isn't that the 'pitch up' issue which some here had reported and I think someone in here showed that the way he would recover from it is to make a complete loop?
ricoalonso is online now Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:06 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,711 Posts
Quote:

Right click the file that needs to be extracted, and then there should be a 7zip menu with extraction alternatives.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:10 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Thats saying alot BF....So pretty much you can hover almost hands free with the Tarot and have better piros?
The MB probably still holds slightly better in a hover (plus it was in a bigger heli), but with that comes a more robotic feel, that I don't get with the ZYX. The MB was drifting off by the end of the first piro and needed correction, whereas the ZYX didn't.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:14 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
Isn't that the 'pitch up' issue which some here had reported and I think someone in here showed that the way he would recover from it is to make a complete loop?
Hmmm... I don't know... what causes the issue in the first place?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:28 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm... I don't know... what causes the issue in the first place?
My understanding is the the 'pitch up' issue started in V3.5 and will happen after a fast forward flight or if you fly towards the wind (?) . I think it was MikeHRC who mentioned/observed this a lot and I remember there was a video on it for V3.5. It should be in this thread, a few pages back.

Alhough I am not sure if you were experiencing the same... I just thought that it looked like it.

Edit: Sorry it may not be MIkeHRC who initially noticed it but maybe someone else... anyway, try to search for 'pitch up' in this thread and you may see some posts about it.
ricoalonso is online now Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Last edited by ricoalonso; Mar 09, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:41 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,841 Posts
Sorry to see your crash, DJO.

If the pitch up issue was that easily triggered, I think we would be seeing a lot more crashes like DJO's. An elevator servo failure could have the same effect.

DJO, does everything appear to be working correctly after the crash?
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Mar 09, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:46 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Right click the file that needs to be extracted, and then there should be a 7zip menu with extraction alternatives.
It just keeps telling me that Windows cant open the file..

I just did a restore and I think that for some reason the FDM is conflicting with the 7zip. Now I have to get some of my other ZYX downloads back first.

Is it possible for someone to link directly to the opened file ? Things were going pretty good till now... again I'm sorry for being a dult.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:56 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
Quote:
It just keeps telling me that Windows cant open the file..

I just did a restore and I think that for some reason the FDM is conflicting with the 7zip. Now I have to get some of my other ZYX downloads back first.

Is it possible for someone to link directly to the opened file ? Things were going pretty good till now... again I'm sorry for being a dult.
I'll get some pics of what i did to install it and get a shortcut to the desktop for you . It took me a while to get it sorted out too