HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:58 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Well crap, I cant unzip the v4.0 RAR file and the online sites want money for that...

Apparently my FDM isnt capable with RAR
http://www.7-zip.org/ if your running windows.

or p7zip in linux package managers.

Edit: lol theres even a compile for amiga.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:10 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
http://www.7-zip.org/ if your running windows.

or p7zip in linux package managers.

Edit: lol theres even a compile for amiga.
Ahh, thank you
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:29 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
7Zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Well crap, I cant unzip the v4.0 RAR file and the online sites want money for that...

Apparently my FDM isnt capable with RAR
You should be able to download 7zip which is freeware and should be able to extract it.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:34 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I took the plunge and went ahead to fly it. It was ok, everything was fine. When the bird is in the air, I could feel the big difference between a rate of 100% vs a rate of 70%, even though there are no differences on the bench.

Thanks Mike for your explanation.
I think I've leaned a lot also over the last few days and think I get the logic of what Mike is saying about limiting the inputs and not what the ZYX can do to counteract the outside influences.

I'm about to go for a full reset along with a swap out my head conversion for a DFC. This time I'll try to set the ZYX up as stated in the previous discussions as now I have the feeling that I may be flying FBL but not making full use of the FBL controller.

Let's see if I can tell the difference with my flying ability

Kev
bionicbone is online now Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:01 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,023 Posts
Just loaded V4 onto my 250 as well, quick couple of flights - very happy
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:22 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,010 Posts
I just flew a pack out in the yard. gusty conditions. the heli held great in the wind.I did not get it going fast enough to test the nose up anomaly.

It jumps around less and the servos are a lot less twitchy. it might be my imagination, but the battery seemed to have a lot more left in it when I was done. The new algorithm may save power as well.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:22 AM
Joined Oct 2008
1,243 Posts
Here's something that happens for me, maybe its the same for everyone and I've just never seen it mentioned before.

Using the programming version 1.22, when I "Tools - Copy Condition - Copy 2 to 1" - as always recommended - I have to follow by pressing the "Force Update" button before the conditions are written to the ZYX.

I've just moved from version 1.16 of the programming software and it seems that I must have been flying using the condition 2 settings as condition 1 were way out. I'm not sure why I was using the 2nd set of conditions? If I only had access to 1 set surely that would be set 1 LOL.

Kev
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:25 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbone View Post
I've just moved from version 1.16 of the programming software and it seems that I must have been flying using the condition 2 settings as condition 1 were way out. I'm not sure why I was using the 2nd set of conditions? If I only had access to 1 set surely that would be set 1 LOL.

Kev
No, I think that was the "dark secret" of the CX and ZYX - those condition 2 F3C defaults were always lurking there, obviously more easy to spot, but also more likely to cause a spill, if you happened to be using a negative collective range value. Some combination of plugging up the heli could boot the controller into condition 2. I've yet to figure out what, exactly.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:57 AM
Joined Oct 2008
1,243 Posts
Yeah, very annoying actually, I've been playing with condition 1 before I started my re-config and using the copy 2 - 1 actually messed up settings in config 2. Defo sure that I never hit the copy button from 1 - 2 but was using the force update button on both 1 and 2 and somehow I managed to copy the bad servo settings from 1 to 2 LOL.

I can laugh as I was going to reset it all anyway to start again and i took screen shots of the settings before I started so if need be i should be able to put back.

Kev
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:24 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,832 Posts
Is there any way to make a desk top icon ? To get to the 4.0 software do i always need to go into the 7zip to extract it?
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:28 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,832 Posts
Never mind i got it
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:54 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,060 Posts
I'm sill using v3.0 since I have read about some of the issues with v3.5. Would there be any advantage to upgrading to v4.0 or should I just stick with v3.0 since it's doing fine right now?
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:05 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,010 Posts
I would go to 4 if I were you. You may have to change a few things .When I went from 3 to 3.5 I had to increase the "d" gain.

I just flew another pack. The Cyclic response is much better too. It just ignores gusts of wind that used to upset it. I noticed that you have to take a little more care on the ground to make sure your swash is level prior to lift off.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:14 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,183 Posts
Just received and installed a new Tarot swashplate for my nightheli. 10 minute job

Will check if it can stop raining for a minute and get another test-flight out.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Mar 09, 2013, 01:29 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,060 Posts
I just downloaded v4.0 and put the (S-version).bin file in my upgrades folder. Do I need to upgrade to v3.5 first or can I jump from v3.0 straight to v4.0?
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929