HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:50 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,394 Posts
Update to first post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
HK site? Try the official Tarot site in China: http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=263
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
+1, I downloaded zyx software from this site too.
Could beenflying please include this in the first post? This would help those having difficulty finding out the current version of their ZYX.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 08:52 AM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Could beenflying please include this in the first post? This would help those having difficulty finding out the current version of their ZYX.
The link is already in the first page of this thread.
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:03 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc014 View Post
The link is already in the first page of this thread.
Before I posted that, I checked it. Now that you've reminded about that, I checked it again. And... I still couldn't find it (referring to the link to the official China website). Perhaps it wasn't obvious enough for me.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:08 AM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Before I posted that, I checked it. Now that you've reminded about that, I checked it again. And... I still couldn't find it (referring to the link to the official China website). Perhaps it wasn't obvious enough for me.
V3.50 for the ZYX and the ZYX-S: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4014

After you click this link you will see 3 more links to click. A link right in the middle of the first post, right above "Tarot zyx gyro on gasser". That link is the direct address to China website.
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:10 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Well it went through and I seem to have the same problem that I had with the HK site, this thing wont unzip, something I'm not used to doing anyway, but I thought my FDM would do this.

Plus it says its for 3.0, so wouldnt it show up as such? and not what is actually in the unit itself?
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:18 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,394 Posts
I downloaded it before posted about it. I opened it to check if it was the correct one, and yes, the file opened fine and I saw the app inside.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:19 AM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Well it went through and I seem to have the same problem that I had with the HK site, this thing wont unzip, something I'm not used to doing anyway, but I thought my FDM would do this.

Plus it says its for 3.0, so wouldnt it show up as such? and not what is actually in the unit itself?
3.0 is the zyx setup software itself, not the firmware version of the zyx controller. 3.0 is the latest zyx setup software available from Tarot official website. John.nz setup software is 2.2 (beta) and similar to 3.0. However, 2.2 software cannot select s-bus in the setup tab. Only Satellite receivers are supported.
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:40 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Woo Hoo, I finally got it I got the 3.5 firmware version.

Took me a bit to figure which file it was in, now have a shortcut to it.

Thank you for all the help.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:28 PM
Looptastic!
sp00fman's Avatar
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,319 Posts
Is there a download link on the Chinese topic of the 4,0 firmware?
Is the 4.0 firmware send out for for both the ZYX ansd ZYX-s ?

Id really appreciate the better piro-optimization. Practising piro pie-dishes right now.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:55 PM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Is there a download link on the Chinese topic of the 4,0 firmware?
Is the 4.0 firmware send out for for both the ZYX ansd ZYX-s ?

Id really appreciate the better piro-optimization. Practising piro pie-dishes right now.
There is no link on the Chinese topic of the 4.0 firmware. I believe the beta is for zyx, not zyx-s.
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:13 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I can't explain if those "priviledged few" who received the version 4.0 firmware were BS-ing, but I received a firmware directly from Tarot, which was named ZYX4.bin, and when flashed to my ZYX, it prints version 4.0.



More importantly, the supposedly version 4.0 fixes the violent servos problem. With permission from Tarot, I shared the firmware with the starter of this thread. This is his assessment:
It flies really well! It was quite windy and it held rock steady in a hover, just pitching up and down.

Big improvement to piro optimize, also.

I'm so impressed with Tarot for continuing to improve this gyro, and also for all of the good hardware upgrades they have brought out.

I have never spooled up with v3.5 so I can't make any assessments. Perhaps "beenflying" could explain further. With his deep experience in ZYX, he should be in a better position to confirm if the folks over in the Chinese forum were BS-ing.
Thanks, Fyre. I appreciate getting a chance to try this new firmware.

I flashed the firmware with John's app and then checked the version with the Tarot v3 App, which reported v4.

The servos in the 450 sport now don't even make the slightest twitch at power up. They just sit there until the end of the initialization period. I've tried lots of power ups and at different intervals and it's always perfect.

It was pretty windy when I did the test and I have to say I was impressed with how stable it was. All I had to do was compensate with collective to keep the heli level.

Tail stops were good with no bounce in either direction.

Then I tried a piro and the heli just sat on the spot. So I tried a double piro and then a triple and it was still sitting on the same spot. I think the longest I did was 4 or 5 piro in a row and it held really well.

This morning it's dead calm and I just flew my 250, flashed to v4, which needs a rud to aileron mix to piro well on the spot. I have this mix on a Tx switch, so I can turn it on and off.

I can now turn the mix off and it piros as well as I can expect for a 250. I slow piro hovered for over a minute and it took very little input to keep it where I wanted.

The heli also feels great in flight. Smooth and stable.

Could the Tarot ZYX have equaled or surpassed the BeastX v3. I think so...
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Mar 05, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:26 PM
Low rates are for wimps
bwoollia's Avatar
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks, Fyre. I appreciate getting a chance to try this new firmware.

I flashed the firmware with John's app and then checked the version with the Tarot v3 App, which reported v4.

The servos in the 450 sport now don't even make the slightest twitch at power up. They just sit there until the end of the initialization period. I've tried lots of power ups and at different intervals and it's always perfect.

It was pretty windy when I did the test and I have to say I was impressed with how stable it was. All I had to do was compensate with collective to keep the heli level.

Tail stops were good with no bounce in either direction.

Then I tried a piro and the heli just sat on the spot. So I tried a double piro and then a triple and it was still sitting on the same spot. I think the longest I did was 4 or 5 piro in a row and it held really well.

This morning it's dead calm and I just flew my 250, flashed to v4, which needs a rud to aileron mix to piro well on the spot. I have this mix on a Tx switch, so I can turn it on and off.

I can now turn the mix off and it piros as well as I can expect for a 250. I slow piro hovered for over a minute and it took very little input to keep it where I wanted.

The heli also feels great in flight. Smooth and stable.

Could the Tarot ZYX have equaled or surpassed the BeastX v3. I think so...
Sounds great! Any improvement on the collective response around mid stick?
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:07 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
Sounds great! Any improvement on the collective response around mid stick?
I've never really had an issue with that, but I do fly the ZYX most of the time, so I'm used to the way it is, and I do use large collective settings above 12.5 degrees for most helis (my 250 is 14 degrees).

I will say it seemed easier to put the heli on the deck (I could set up a nice rate of descent that it seemed to maintain), which is something I also noticed when I first flew the MSH iKon.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:15 PM
Registered User
Dr.M's Avatar
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
So when do the rest of us get to have the v4 firmware?
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:50 PM
AMA# 548800
jombo's Avatar
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
So when do the rest of us get to have the v4 firmware?
+1

If the software i am using now good , and i mean GOOD , i can just imagine what the 4.0 is like.

I just finished setting up my 450 . Wouldn't you know it , tomorrow were suppose to be hit with snow
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New ALZRC 3GYS Flybarless System beenflying Mini Helis 644 Dec 07, 2012 05:44 AM
Found Tarot 450 or like, long flybarless feather shafts TubeBarHeli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 25, 2011 02:13 PM
For Sale New Align 3G Flybarless System V2.1 ptt81 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 06, 2011 05:55 PM
For Sale New 2 cell esc &motor FBL 4g6 spektromized DSM2 spektrum Sat URondo Flybarless system blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2011 07:09 PM
Discussion Tarot Flybarless avengedkevinfold Electric Heli Talk 1 May 04, 2011 05:46 AM