HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
@ewoodcox what is it you dislike about the ZYX?
I wasn`t impressed either til I got the settings right.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:19 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Ed, the ZYX isn't a clone of anything, it doesn't pretend to be a uBeast, it's just a ZYX.
hmmmmm the 3x1000, ZYX-s, and a number of others are all pretty close, this could be a clone of a clone. I was reading that bigaole controller, which looks like a beastX clone, has some same mannerisms of this controller. I would be supprised if any company has done original engineering on a $50 FBL controller.

anyway, I have no proof it is a copy of any other controller, I'm just not so sure it is much different from a copied spektrum RX in terms safe or unsafe.....
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
The AR7200BX is a superb unit.
I would use it in every helicopter if I had the cash.

Tarot is great for the price, I would happily buy another.

If I had the cash I wouldn't be flying a clone, I would be flying a genuine Align.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
@ewoodcox what is it you dislike about the ZYX?
I wasn`t impressed either til I got the settings right.
The software is hard to get working correctly, I ended up using John's SW and the programmer to make mine work.

When you switch between HH and RATE mode the cyclic servos jump....I really don't like that but after setup I rarely if ever go to RATE mode.

The satellites are a bit difficult to get working.

I figure for $50 it is worth it, it's not perfect but it flies nice....so I just ordered a 3rd
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
The software is hard to get working correctly, I ended up using John's SW and the programmer to make mine work.

When you switch between HH and RATE mode the cyclic servos jump....I really don't like that but after setup I rarely if ever go to RATE mode.

The satellites are a bit difficult to get working.

I figure for $50 it is worth it, it's not perfect but it flies nice....so I just ordered a 3rd
Agreed,
Just love how neat mine looks on my 450 with the satellite.
I know its not perfect, but its incredible for the money.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:33 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Agreed,
Just love how neat mine looks on my 450 with the satellite.
I know its not perfect, but its incredible for the money.
it does look pretty
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Buy a 300x and sell the AR7200BX and fit Tarot + satellite = damn cheap heli!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:58 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Buy a 300x and sell the AR7200BX and fit Tarot + satellite = damn cheap heli!
I just purchased a 300x for $100, complete minus the 7200bx, I don't need another heli but I couldn't refuse, I have several other FBL controllers but ordered a ZYX because I really like using the satellites, makes a pretty tight form factor so I spend $50 I didn't have and another $15 for another clone RX satellite

A flying helicopter for $165, how can I complain
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:57 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I just purchased a 300x for $100, complete minus the 7200bx, I don't need another heli but I couldn't refuse, I have several other FBL controllers but ordered a ZYX because I really like using the satellites, makes a pretty tight form factor so I spend $50 I didn't have and another $15 for another clone RX satellite

A flying helicopter for $165, how can I complain
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Just bought a 300x(I like the size and flies great) and want to put the ar7200 in a 450 or my 250pro dfc. Then I can try the ZYXs in the 300. I know I don't want to buy replacement parts for the blade, so when I crash it, its done(maybe)
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
I'm having trouble making the ZYXs work on my 250. I remember seeing some examples of setting for 250 but can't remember where.
Does anyone know where I might find these? I've tried all different setings and there's always some problem. First time setting one up on a 250, but have set-up 3 450s and a 500. They took very little tuning.
Thanks.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:22 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
My 250DFC setup file is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3402
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:07 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
My Tarot ZYX-S FBL controller came today in the mail, it looks great! I got it in only a few days from ClubHeli (.com).

Unboxing video:

Tarot FBL Controller Unboxing (6 min 53 sec)

Can't wait to set it up, it looks great!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:40 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Hey, Dan. Great to see you're getting back into helis. I'm sure you'll like the ZYX-S. It flies really smooth and has a well locked tail. Keep us posted on how you get on and if you need any pointers, just ask.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:46 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
had an issue with my zyx today, in that as soon as i took off it wanted to roll to the right at the time, i had to use full left aileron to get ot back down. after i unplugged the battery and plugged it back in it was fine. not sure what happened, its been fine for the last 10 or so flights since i have had it.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:33 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
had an issue with my zyx today, in that as soon as i took off it wanted to roll to the right at the time, i had to use full left aileron to get ot back down. after i unplugged the battery and plugged it back in it was fine. not sure what happened, its been fine for the last 10 or so flights since i have had it.
That sounds very much like ESD. When the ZYX takes a static hit, it tends to jam the swashplate to an extreme tilt and it takes a hard reset to return to normal operation.

Nice job on the save though. I know it can be hard to get your bird down in one piece when this happens....
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M