HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:19 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,342 Posts
Perhaps use the supplied cable to connect it to a PC?
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Perhaps use the supplied cable to connect it to a PC?
hi thanks. where shall I downloaded the software from.

thanks Alex
mellowes2005 is offline Find More Posts by mellowes2005
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:51 AM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowes2005 View Post
hi thanks. where shall I downloaded the software from.

thanks Alex
Try page 1 of this thread!
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Try page 1 of this thread!
hi all setup with the software now. just one more question. can I still use pitch curve setting in the tx programing.

thanks Alex
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:47 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,984 Posts
Yes, of course you can set pitch curves as usual! I think Spoofman's guide can be a bit misleading, in that it says something to the effect that it's the last time you need to do any TX programming.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:55 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,342 Posts
You might be right about that. There is always some tinkering to be done in the Tx. Dualrates/expo, headspeed adjustments, and the normal pitch curve for liftoff.

I switched all but one heli to only have idle-up programmed, all with fixed %throttle. I can do this as i have a good soft-start on the ESC and run them in governor mode. I dont see the need for normal curves anymore, and i wont try to hover upside down in normal mode again

I'll see if i add this info to m y post
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:08 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,984 Posts
I'm a big fan of governor mode, even on my 450, though it can be hard on packs. It means you can set up normal mode as just another aerobatic flight mode. With many radios, you can set D/R and expo for each flight mode, to make your three flight modes soft, medium and wild, with corresponding HS. I know what you meant in your guide, but it's just possible that an anxious noob might interpret it as an order not to mess with the TX after you've done the monitor screen setup in the FBL software.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:14 PM
Joined Feb 2013
5 Posts
hi this is my first fbl. I used to fly a trex 500 and velocity 50 a few years ago. just getting back into it!! will the heli take of the same as a flybar heli or will it be different. also would you use rate mode or just hh all the time.

thanks Alex
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:24 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,342 Posts
FBL takeoff is about the same, but: dont mess around the the ground

Just smoothly pop in the air. If you give cyclic control while on the ground the FBL controller will just increase cyclic bladepitch until it starts to tip over and ruin your day.
--

By the way, i added a few things to my guide to clarify.

--

2Doggs, i agree. I have my 3position switch to smooth 3D, then same rates but higher headspeed, and the last with more cyclic response.... Its great!!

It depends a bit on the windspeed im facing what mode i like best.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:11 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,611 Posts
I've got a Tarot ZYX on order... going to be using it with an external Futaba FASST RX on my Blade 300X... should be interesting.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:11 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
http://www.targethobby.com/spectrum-...p-4162043.html

I have one of these and it works great. I just ordered 4 more, 2 for me and 2 for my neighbor.He is going to use them on a Skookum 540.
For some reason I thought that was a USA website - Silly me!

Anyhow, my satellite has arrived, from Hong Kong. It is obviously a copy of a Spektrum SPM9545

I know that the Orange R100 works well with Tarot ZYX-S, even though it only has a tiny single aerial.
I can't see the point of the cloned satellite I have just bought as it's quality is an unknown factor.

A genuine Spektrum SPM9545 works great with DX6i and that's what I have settled on.

I have a fair amount of money and a lot of time invested in this bird and I would be gutted if it crashed due to poor radio. (I can live with pilot error!)
Not to mention, it possibly embedding itself into a dog walker!

I feel happier with a genuine Spektrum product in a 450 sized machine.

I will be using my tried and tested Orange R100 on my CopterX 250 and the Target Hobby one will be going straight back on eBay.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
Last edited by GadgetMart; Feb 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
I've got a Tarot ZYX on order... going to be using it with an external Futaba FASST RX on my Blade 300X... should be interesting.

Dan
ZYX works with FASST Rx without any problem in traditional Rx mode. I have not tried S-BUS yet.
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
For some reason I thought that was a USA website - Silly me!

Anyhow, my satellite has arrived, from Hong Kong. It is obviously a copy of a Spektrum SPM9545

I know that the Orange R100 works well with Tarot ZYX-S, even though it only has a tiny single aerial.
I can't see the point of the cloned satellite I have just bought as it's quality is an unknown factor.

A genuine Spektrum SPM9545 works great with DX6i and that's what I have settled on.

I have a fair amount of money and a lot of time invested in this bird and I would be gutted if it crashed due to poor radio. (I can live with pilot error!)
Not to mention, it possibly embedding itself into a dog walker!

I feel happier with a genuine Spektrum product in a 450 sized machine.

I will be using my tried and tested Orange R100 on my CopterX 250 and the Target Hobby one will be going straight back on eBay.
hmmmm, you will use a $50 FBL clone controller by are concerned by a clone satellite RX, nothing wrong with being safe....how do you determine if clone FBL controllers are OK but clone RXs are not. I got a bazillion flights on several of those satellites and while I am not real impressed with the ZYX-s, it seems to fly OK so I bought another. I've skipped the orange satellites but love the orange RXs, I really like multiple antennas.

Anyway, good luck.
ewoodcox is online now Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
hmmmm, you will use a $50 FBL clone controller by are concerned by a clone satellite RX, nothing wrong with being safe....how do you determine if clone FBL controllers are OK but clone RXs are not. I got a bazillion flights on several of those satellites and while I am not real impressed with the ZYX-s, it seems to fly OK so I bought another. I've skipped the orange satellites but love the orange RXs, I really like multiple antennas.

Anyway, good luck.
I fly beastx on my 300x and I was apprehensive about the Tarot ZYX
however watch SGBFLY `s videos on YouTube and its pretty convincing evidence that its a good controller.
I am enjoying the way my 450 flies with Tarot.

My only complaint about the clone satellite is that its an unknown value.
It might be as good as the real thing on the other hand it might not.

I was very apprehensive about using the R100 but it seems good.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:11 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post

Anyway, good luck.
Ed, the ZYX isn't a clone of anything, it doesn't pretend to be a uBeast, it's just a ZYX.
RCG Plus Member