fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:29 PM
RobirdUSA.com
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2012
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I wasn't aware the robird was a tarot product? thought they were completely different products and lines.
The Robird G31 isn't a Tarot product, they just sell it.
SDHeliPilot is offline Find More Posts by SDHeliPilot
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHeliPilot View Post
The Robird G31 isn't a Tarot product, they just sell it.
Thanks for clearing that up
Busher is online now Find More Posts by Busher
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:40 PM
Russian Federation, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Feb 2013
27 Posts
hi all, i'm having trouble converting my hk-250gt to fbl
i have the next setup - dx6i + ar6210 dsmx reciever and satelite. i plug everything according to the manual (servos to the ch1-ch2 on the zyx, satelite to the reciever, all other cables go from zyx to reciever) and in the "reciever" setup menu in the zyx software i select "conventional reciever". if i select anything else, then my zyx starts with all lights on and doesn't recieve any signals from the reciever.
also all the servos react very slowly (((
what am i doing wrong?
av3nger is offline Find More Posts by av3nger
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:51 AM
Joined May 2009
412 Posts
Anybody knows how to setup ZYX-s as a tail gyro only?
Do I just set it up as regular FBL but connect only tail from Rx and rudder servo.
pinguin is offline Find More Posts by pinguin
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:35 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,109 Posts
I'm confused by your description

Quote:
Originally Posted by av3nger View Post
hi all, i'm having trouble converting my hk-250gt to fbl
i have the next setup - dx6i + ar6210 dsmx reciever and satelite. i plug everything according to the manual (servos to the ch1-ch2 on the zyx, satelite to the reciever, all other cables go from zyx to reciever) and in the "reciever" setup menu in the zyx software i select "conventional reciever". if i select anything else, then my zyx starts with all lights on and doesn't recieve any signals from the reciever.
also all the servos react very slowly (((
what am i doing wrong?
If you are using an AR6210 then receiver is the correct setting to use - a 6210 plus a sat is overkill on an HK250, you really don't need the sat
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:09 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
Anybody knows how to setup ZYX-s as a tail gyro only?
Do I just set it up as regular FBL but connect only tail from Rx and rudder servo.
Only connect the Rx rudder and tail gain lines to the gyro, and the tail servo to the gyro. All other servos go to the Rx, and you then use the Tx setup like you would normally do for a FB heli.

The gyro will detect that only the tail is connected and become a tail only gyro. You can use all of the tail settings in the gyro except pitch and cyclic pre-compensation.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:22 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,272 Posts
I set up my big heli with ZXY-s as tail only this week. I have an 8-channel Rx so i did manage to connect an extra channel to the "collective" gyro input. I also made a mix in the Tx, adding elevator and aileron in absolute values to the last channel. That is going to the aileron input on the gyro.

So now i have a flybarred helicopter with collective and cyclic pre-compensation.

Only thing is the cyclic precomp will not be perfect in the stick corners, as i run a digital cyclic ring, but i could not use that for my cyclic precomp channel. I had to mix the stick outputs directly to it, so it effectively overshoots a little in the corners.

Hope to get a test flight out soon.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:25 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,272 Posts
Update:
It works! I had problems getting the CX-1x1000 to work on my Gaui Hurricane, constantly hunting tail center. The ZYX-s is holding well and not yawing with collective punchouts at all. It did not hold straight in a forward flip, but setup in rate mode is not correct yet and have to tune the col/cyclic precomp a bit more.

Accidentally flew it 100% Gov throttle this flight as i accidentally reprogrammed the throttlerange. I wondered why going from ID1 to ID2 did not increase any hs... now i know

I bet it was around 2400rpm with 520mm blades. Scary stuff
Lipo 3700mah and the voltage down to 3,8V in 3,5 minutes. Motor was barely warm. Lovely heli
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:15 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,889 Posts
Thanks, sp00fman. That's good to know about the precomp.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:07 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
I set up my big heli with ZXY-s as tail only this week. I have an 8-channel Rx so i did manage to connect an extra channel to the "collective" gyro input. I also made a mix in the Tx, adding elevator and aileron in absolute values to the last channel. That is going to the aileron input on the gyro.

So now i have a flybarred helicopter with collective and cyclic pre-compensation.

Only thing is the cyclic precomp will not be perfect in the stick corners, as i run a digital cyclic ring, but i could not use that for my cyclic precomp channel. I had to mix the stick outputs directly to it, so it effectively overshoots a little in the corners.

Hope to get a test flight out soon.
Very clever, spoof.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:26 AM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,074 Posts
I am looking to buy a new computer this weekend and trying to decide between Windows 7 or 8.

Does anyone know if the ZYX-S or Johns _Z software will work with windows 7 or 8?

Also, will the Pheonix RC 4 flight sim work on Windows 8? It only says Windows XP, Vista and 7 on the box.
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:19 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I am looking to buy a new computer this weekend and trying to decide between Windows 7 or 8.

Does anyone know if the ZYX-S or Johns _Z software will work with windows 7 or 8?

Also, will the Pheonix RC 4 flight sim work on Windows 8? It only says Windows XP, Vista and 7 on the box.
They certainly work on Windows 7 - though the Tarot software doesn't work at all well on my netbook - the screen size / shape is wrong an dit kept crashing.

I have a Windows 8 desktop but haven't tried any of them on there (though I've heard that Phoenix works) - you could pm John-Nz and ask him directly
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC