Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:00 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
I may be wrong, but I don't think the Tarot ZYX-S supports DSMX.
It may not support it, but they seemed to have better luck with DSMX Sats, just getting them to work period, per the included instructions in the software. That was many months ago though.

Those linked Sats are the ones I bought months ago, could not get them to work properly with my Dx8. If you guys get some, and have success with a Dx8, please post the steps.

Glen
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:16 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
135 Posts
@ Glen

I'm one of the few on a DX6i I will certainly post my steps if I get it to work.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:19 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
It may not support it, but they seemed to have better luck with DSMX Sats, just getting them to work period, per the included instructions in the software. That was many months ago though.

Those linked Sats are the ones I bought months ago, could not get them to work properly with my Dx8. If you guys get some, and have success with a Dx8, please post the steps.

Glen
I already did on the last page....
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:28 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I already did on the last page....
Huh? Maybe I'm blind, but I see where you used a DSMX sat and had no problems with a Dx8. I know that's not an issue, it never has been as I earlier stated.

The issue is with a "Spektrum" DSM2 satellite and the ZYX-S. This has proven to be quite troublesome. Am I missing something? The satellites that the link refers to are DSM2, not DSMX.

Glen

Edit: to quote you,

"I just used a DSMX satellite connected to a AR6200 and bound to my DX8.

connected it to the ZYX-s and set the coms to DSM2-1. Fired up perfectly."
Last edited by Muskoka1; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:46 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1 View Post
Huh? Maybe I'm blind, but I see where you used a DSMX sat and had no problems with a Dx8. I know that's not an issue, it never has been as I earlier stated.

The issue is with a "Spektrum" DSM2 satellite and the ZYX-S. This has proven to be quite troublesome. Am I missing something? The satellites that the link refers to are DSM2, not DSMX.

Glen

Edit: to quote you,

"I just used a DSMX satellite connected to a AR6200 and bound to my DX8.

connected it to the ZYX-s and set the coms to DSM2-1. Fired up perfectly."
I used both a DSMX and DSM2 satellite on the ZYX-s, they both work exactly the same for me. I guess it was 2 pages before where I listed my steps.
good luck
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:37 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
I used both a DSMX and DSM2 satellite on the ZYX-s, they both work exactly the same for me. I guess it was 2 pages before where I listed my steps.
good luck
Thanks, I'll wait and see how the others make out. I also got a DSM2 satellite to work, it was a Orange Satellite. When the exact same steps were followed with the (4) Spektrum DSM2 Satelites I purchased, none of them would work properly. They talked, but all the channel assignments were incorrect, and couldn't be corrected.

The Orange DSM2 Sat, although troublesome in the beginning, worked, and the channel assignments were correct from the word go.

Glen
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:16 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,010 Posts
I agree, using the Spectrum type sat the channel assignments were all messed up. it took quite a while to untangle the mess. I had to go back several screens in the ZYX software to correct it. but I did get it to work.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Jan 2013
135 Posts
Maybe the secret is to bind your Spektrum satellite to an Orange Rx first?

Either a DSM2 or DSMX satellite will work as both are capable of operating in DSM2.

Strangly enough, I have the settings at DSMX2 in the tarot software, with a DX6i and Orange R100 and it's working like a charm.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:08 AM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
666 Posts
I could never "untangle" the mess with the Spektrum sats. After a few attempts with Orange satellites (almost a year ago, close to it I think), I have those pretty much nailed down, and it was never an issue with channel assignments, it was getting them to talk that was the initial issue.

Now, following the same steps / procedures as with the Orange, the Spektrum Sat's talk, but I can never get the channel assignments right.

If one works fine, there shouldn't be an issue with the other, but there is. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make them work, they either do, or they don't.

There's still something not right somewhere in the chain, it's either the DSM2 Sats, the DX8, or the software itself, or a combination of both, but something is still "off".

There's enough reports around here by people stating they had no issues with Dx7's, with either Satellite, why is that? What's different in the 7 compared to the 8?

There's enough reports around here by people stating they had no issues with DSMX sat's, why is that, what's the difference, DSM2-DSMX, when it comes to the ZYX-S?

If, I had only ever used the one type of Satellite, you could conclude I was doing something wrong. Thing is, the Orange DSM2 Satellites do work, the only issue I have is with the Spektrum DSM2, following the same procedure, that's where / why it doesn't make sense.

These are the questions that need answering, anybody have an answer?

We need someone with a Dx8 (software version included), Spektrum DSM2 Satellites, and the ZYX software (which version Tarot, or John's with version number included) to post an "exact" step by step procedure from start to finish, and proven over multiple tries, not a one of, how they got them to work, as in talk (connect), and with proper channel assignments, not messing around for hours. Because the included instructions, 90% of the time, do not work, especially with a Dx8 and Spektrum DSM2 sats.

That's if someone would be kind enough to do it. You need to posess a Dx8 / Spektrum DSM2 sats.

Most of us can take it from there with the setup, not everything setup wise needs to be included, just connection with proper channel assignments.

I have no doubt some of you have got them to work, but was it everytime / without fail, and without a bunch of messing around. We shouldn't need to do that, they should just work, with proper instructions, and all types of equipment and hardware / software.

We shouldn't have to stand on our heads, look to the west, and cross our toes only on the left foot, to get these to work. I think you get my point, I hope.

Glen
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:16 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,010 Posts
My previous question:

Does anyone think the ZYX is now an orphan product because Tarot is pushing the Robird.
That being true can we expect firmware updates to solve the problems we are seeing with the pitch up at speed and the chaotic mess with the SATS.

Is there a factory rep monitoring this thread, or one we can contact to ask if a firmware revision is coming that will resolve the problems.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
My previous question:

Does anyone think the ZYX is now an orphan product because Tarot is pushing the Robird.
That being true can we expect firmware updates to solve the problems we are seeing with the pitch up at speed and the chaotic mess with the SATS.

Is there a factory rep monitoring this thread, or one we can contact to ask if a firmware revision is coming that will resolve the problems.
I wasn't aware the robird was a tarot product? thought they were completely different products and lines.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:10 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,010 Posts
You are right - the Robird just appears on their website.

There still needs to be a firmware revision to fix the problems.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
135 Posts
Quote:

Who's website? (please link)

Tarot's or HK's?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:25 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
864 Posts
Quote:

lmfao you heard about the CopterX 3X-1000 rite?
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:

I agree about the sats if a firmware revision would solve it, then I would welcome it. As for the pitching up, I have yet to have that problem.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher