SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:46 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,387 Posts
I wouldn't throw those sats out, I too bought 4 extra sats with plans to use two on these controllers.....oh well, the best laid plans....

I have seen others say they had no issues with a DX8 so I feel pretty dumb but it is good to know I am not the only one guess misery loves company

Tonight I will flash FW3.5, I think I have the latest in there already but worth a try. So flash 3.5 and run through the whole routine again. If that does not work....it gets mounted tonight with a full RX on my 300X.....
ewoodcox is online now Find More Posts by ewoodcox
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:04 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,078 Posts
You could always buy an old DXI or a DX7 I had no trouble binding.
It works great with a RX. I have the old (non-s) one on a 600. it works fine, but the 600 can carry a lot more extra weight.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:45 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,387 Posts
yeah, I actually did get it to work with my DX7.....but I just want to fly with my DX8

Anyway, after wasting another evening I am throwing in the towel. I mounted it with a full RX, dosen't look so bad
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:54 PM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
yeah, I actually did get it to work with my DX7.....but I just want to fly with my DX8

Anyway, after wasting another evening I am throwing in the towel. I mounted it with a full RX, dosen't look so bad
Looks great !
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:25 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,387 Posts
thanks Icc014

Everything seems to be more or less working, I have to reverse some stuff and mechanically set the servo arms and....I had a small epithany and think I have another idea to try with the satellite RX. I'll try that with my other unit but first things first, tomorrow I get this setup and ready to fly just in time for the next big winter snowstorm

forcast to get 6" which is kind of a joke but you can't fly in it anyway

I'll let you guys know how she flies when we get a break in the weather
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
Hello, I have two problems:
1) cyclic wobble when I try to do a tic-toc..... What parameter I can modify?
2) in fast forward flight the heli nose up itself........
vs0587 is offline Find More Posts by vs0587
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:46 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,387 Posts
so I finally got the sat working with my DX8, turns out I need to install with a full RX on the 300X then the sat would work

I reset my memory location and set up the radio per the instructions.

Then I bound the DX8 to the satellite by connecting to a Orange 9 channel.

I connected the gyry to the programming box, pushed the reset button and established com with my program box, I selected DSM2-3 in the basiic set up menu.

I connected the satellite into the rudder port and the ESC in the ALE port and it fired up perfect.

took all of 5 minutes if you don't count the hours over the last 3 evenings
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:58 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,219 Posts
Congratulation It's.about time LOL don't you love it when things finally fall into place. The one thing I have to ask is do you have any hair left.
skyeblu is online now Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:01 AM
Joined May 2009
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vs0587 View Post
Hello, I have two problems:
1) cyclic wobble when I try to do a tic-toc..... What parameter I can modify?
2) in fast forward flight the heli nose up itself........
This is one of the issue with ZYX v3.5. What firmware version you use?
I don't know if you can use mixer in the Tx. It might effect other 3D move.
pinguin is offline Find More Posts by pinguin
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
This is one of the issue with ZYX v3.5. What firmware version you use?
I don't know if you can use mixer in the Tx. It might effect other 3D move.
Yes, 3.5...... I don't want to use mix for fix the "nose up".....
vs0587 is offline Find More Posts by vs0587
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Hi All.
I have been trying all evening to get a Tarot ZXY-S to work with a genuine Spektrum DSMX satellite, without success.

I have however sucessfully got it to work with an Orange R100 satellite DSM2.

It's a lovelly neat set up, but is it safe??
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:43 PM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,078 Posts
It looks like they owe us an upgrade to fix the nose up issue as well as support for the DX8 and DSMX radio equipment.

In light of the fact that Tarot is pushing the ROBIRD do you think we will ever get a new set of firmware?
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:34 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
Hi All.
I have been trying all evening to get a Tarot ZXY-S to work with a genuine Spektrum DSMX satellite, without success.

I have however sucessfully got it to work with an Orange R100 satellite DSM2.

It's a lovelly neat set up, but is it safe??
I've spent the entire week making a satellite work with my DX8, actually worked pretty much automatically with my old DX7 but the DX8.....whew

At first I used a Orange RX 9 ch but my rudder didn't work, everything else did but not the rudder. So here is what I did:

Used an AR6200 (DMS2 RX, NOT DSMX), connect your satellite to the 6200, or orange 6 ch but it appears to require a 6 chan RX so the rudder maps correctly in the ZYX-s.

Once you bind the satellite to the AR6200, plug it into the RUDDER channel of the ZYX-s with your ESC in the AIL channel.

Power up the ZYX-s and hit the reset button untl you get a solid red or blue light, connect your PC or programmer and select DSM2-2 for the interface. Save exit and reboot the ZYX-s and everything should work.....

proceed with setup

BTW, it should work with a DSMX satellite but you must use a DSM2 RX to bind, the ZYX-s does not understand DSMX....
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:18 PM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,387 Posts
here the final 300x with a satellite, removing 3 wires and a RX saved some weight. My wires look like crap but honestly, this is easy to work on
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:15 AM
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,387 Posts
so final note before flight testing, I spent quite a bit of tonight bench testing this heli, got everything all set. Twice tonight the tail locked up, I switched modes, the gyro switch and the light changed and the tail unlocked. I have no idea why the tail locked and I could not replicate it, I mean other that the first 2 times it happened.

I also noticed that they cyclic servos twitch when I switch between HH and RATE mode. Now, in real life I never use RATE mode and typically only switch between the two during initial setup flights, but it concerns me. When I see things like that I wonder about other design quality issues might be buried in the box

Anyway, everything is setup, moves in the correct direction and I have not been able to lock up the tail so it looks like as soon as the weather breaks ....she flies