HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:46 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
This thing (ZYX-S) is driving me nuts, first windows 7 wouldnt let me download the driver, after using the Vista putor I got it all finally and then following along with Simons videos, nothing is even close to working correct.

Do I need more than Johns.nz download and what do I need to set the swash for, 90* or 120* in the Tx, the settings in the ZYX unit dont seem to do anything, but the Tx does and then I have one servo moving at a different speed as the rest.

Sorry, but I must have missed something and some of the gathered info on set up seems conflicting.

I'm about ready to pay someone a full paid vacation to sunny Florida for some help......... um, just kidding, I dont have that kinda green
You really need to give us a bit more info - what Tx / Rx. The Tx needs to be set to 90 degrees / Normal /1 servo etc. depending upon the make and model of Tx - until you have that correct you won't be able to get any of the servos working correctly
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:49 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I'm using a Dx6i.

Everything was working great before hooking the ZYX up, first I did a set up with a power supply to the Rx and then hooked up the ESC and a 410 gyro, still things worked normal. Once the ZYX got in the mix, everything was really off. And I mean wierd things, like the one slower servo and then it changes with the different swash degree and reverse servo action and very little movement on the servo arms on the Elevator and Aileron. Sigh!
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:55 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
It does sound like it might be on the wrong setting in the TX. Without the ZYX, you'd need to set the TX to CCPM, maybe called 120 degree, to get all three cyclic servos moving correctly on the heli. If you kept that setting with the ZYX connected, you would get some strange things happening, possibly what you describe.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:58 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Quote:
I'm using a Dx6i.

Everything was working great before hooking the ZYX up, first I did a set up with a power supply to the Rx and then hooked up the ESC and a 410 gyro, still things worked normal. Once the ZYX got in the mix, everything was really off. And I mean wierd things, like the one slower servo and then it changes with the different swash degree and reverse servo action and very little movement on the servo arms on the Elevator and Aileron. Sigh!
You missed the first step in the radio setup. Like 2 doggs said, if its working fine without the zyx hooked up,then your radio set up is wrong. Simon covers that in video number 3 I believe. Good luck. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:40 PM
Australia, NSW, Ingleburn
Joined Dec 2009
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingleburn View Post
Decided to upgrade the firmware on my latest ZYX only to find that my USB adaptor wont work either on Windows 8. Tried reinstalling the driver and still no luck.

Anyone have any luck with getting it to work on Win 8?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowquest View Post
Just fixed this issue. Gotta love windows, but windows 8 does have some great workarounds. I've been running test mode for quite awhile now with no issues. go to the june 5 update

http://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disable...-in-windows-8/

i think it was windows key + x to get to the command prompt quickly( not on a win 8 machine now)
Thanks for the info. Its now working although after putting it into test mode it took a couple of times of plugging it in for it to work. Firmware updated now and when the wind dies off will test fly.
Wish I never put Win 8 on my laptop, its been a pain.
ingleburn is online now Find More Posts by ingleburn
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:45 PM
Australia, NSW, Ingleburn
Joined Dec 2009
217 Posts
Quote:
I'm using a Dx6i.

You DX6i should be set to 1SERVO90 in the swash type
ingleburn is online now Find More Posts by ingleburn
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:56 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,710 Posts
That's the best thing about RCG - instant posts, with no moderating delays - compare that with HF. A guy in Florida asks a question, people from the rest of the US answer (I'm in an airport right now) and then an Aussie chips in with final confirmation! Yay!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Travise66

Set up the zyx-s yesterday it was working. Plugged it in today and all I get is three solid leds. Radio is a spectrum dx7i orange full size receiver. I'm about to give up on this thing.
travise66 is offline Find More Posts by travise66
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:57 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by travise66 View Post
Set up the zyx-s yesterday it was working. Plugged it in today and all I get is three solid leds. Radio is a spectrum dx7i orange full size receiver. I'm about to give up on this thing.
Need more info but sounds to me as if it's not binding. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
travise66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
Need more info but sounds to me as if it's not binding. Jim
BInds to the rx throttle works. The zyx won't connect to the software anymore. If I hold the button on the zyx down it flashes yellow, then goes solid blue.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:47 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
I'm using a Dx6i.

Do you have the right swash type chosen? You want 1 servo 90*
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:52 PM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by travise66 View Post
Struggling to remember the full facts here but check the tail servo is plugged in correctly, I seem to remember that if it is not connected the zyx won't boot correctly. I'm sure the guys on here will be able to fill in the gaps and be a little more specific.
bionicbone is offline Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
travise66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbone View Post
Struggling to remember the full facts here but check the tail servo is plugged in correctly, I seem to remember that if it is not connected the zyx won't boot correctly. I'm sure the guys on here will be able to fill in the gaps and be a little more specific.
Reflashed 3.02 it started to work. Don't know exactly why.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:39 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
936 Posts
THese guys on this thread are great they got me out of binds and now because of the guys on this thread my zyx-s has been flying great for a few months now.. just make sure you give them all the info they need so they can find the solution..

just want to say thanks again to BF MIKEHRC PITCH DRM and who ever i missed

you guys are awesome
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
I've been stuffing around investigating what's required to get the zyx adapter to work with Windows 8. I know some of you have had success by turning off the driver signing but there are going to be a lot of people that will never get it working.

The adapter chip is a Prolific usb to serial convertor which is a common chip used to convert usb to rs232.

The adapter i have is an early version that I got from oomodel with my zyx back when they first came out. It appears that there are a few models of the chip and the one that I have is not supported under windows 8. The chip I have is a PL-2303HXA, the newer ones should be a PL-2303HXD which should work ok.

You can download the latest 32 and 64 bit drivers from the prolific website which are signed and will install ok under windows 8. There is also a utility that you can run on windows 7/XP that will tell you what chip you have (pic below).

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowPr...id=225&pcid=41

For those that have it running under windows 8, it would be helpful if you could download the driver package from prolific above and run the utility and let me know what chip your adapter has on it.

This is a quote from the Prolific website re the chip models:

Windows Driver Installer Setup Program
(For PL2303 HXA, XA, HXD, EA, RA, SA, TA, TB versions)
Installer version & Build date: 1.7.0 (2012-8-1)
Windows XP (32 & 64-bit) WDM WHQL Driver: v2.1.35.211
- Compatible with Windows 2000SP4 & Server2003
Windows Vista/7/8 (32 & 64-bit) WDF WHQL Driver: v3.4.36.247
- Windows 8 Certified WHQL Driver
- Driver also available via Windows Update (Vista, 7, 8)
- Compatible with Windows Server2008/Server2008R2/Server2012

NOTE:

Windows 8 is NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions.
Run PL2303 CheckChipVersion tool program in Windows XP/Vista/7 to check chip version.
Prolific recommends to buy PL-2303HXD (HX Rev D) chip.

Cheers
Jonesy
ahamay is online now Find More Posts by ahamay