HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:33 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,078 Posts
I think they are the non-metal gear version of the ones I refered to earlier. In some of the reviews it was stated that they had enough power to strip the gears if you just hold the arms with your hand. If you can wait until the MG version is in stock you would be better off.
However, the next weak link is the arms, they are pertty flimsey. I still think the Hitec 65 are the best for the 450 application, but they are 3 times the price.
fpainter3 is online now Find More Posts by fpainter3
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,314 Posts
Mailman just handed over my package with turnigy S306G-HV servos. The metal $18 ones.

I'm impressed by the power, speed and lack of slop. I think they are worth their price. Lets see how they do on a mini-protoss with the ZYX

I do need to insulate the electronics inside form the metal casing somehow. Should have a few thermal pads laying around somewhere...
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:38 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Mailman just handed over my package with turnigy S306G-HV servos. The metal $18 ones.

I'm impressed by the power, speed and lack of slop. I think they are worth their price. Lets see how they do on a mini-protoss with the ZYX

I do need to insulate the electronics inside form the metal casing somehow. Should have a few thermal pads laying around somewhere...
Presume that was with a buddy code then? Seems like a great price, a lot less than, say DS410's.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:36 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Jeesh, be careful (2:39). It's not a micro T-28 or Champ. I sure you realize that.
That was not intentional, wind caught me off guard, but you're right it was not safe and I should of gave my self more room for error lol
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
has anyone tried these servos, with any success?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

nice flying f.a.r.m.e.r looks good.
Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Hi Farmer. It was definitely worth it to get to see a nice flying heli like that.

Hehe, love the sound of those blades. Yeah, they're very light for FBL blades. I hope they can continue to take that punishment.
Heli does fly nice.. Only complaint about the blades is like you mentioned is that they are light and really twitch around center and hard to find that happy spot.. Add to much expo your chasing it around to little its almost impossible to land lol no happy medium ... Guess I'll have to tweak some settings on gyro..

Thanks again bud..

So any new heli's? Lol
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:11 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
dont know whether to change my cyclic servos to the hkscm9 6v ones or the corona ds939mg, as i have a set of both or just stick with the sg90s ive had on there for a year. the hk ones are faster, with more torque, but dont know how reliable they are, where as the coronas are faster than sg90 but slower than the hk, although they have 2kg of torque.
Which is better to have speed or torque, obviously both. Just cant afford new servos at the minute, so want to use what i have. If i use the corona or hk servos then i can run the whole system on 6v making the tail servo work better as well.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
Canada, ON, Muskoka
Joined Jul 2011
676 Posts
I've been using the Corona ds929mg's http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16342 for the cyclics on my Blade 450 converted Tarot fbl with ZYX for over 6 months and they have been great. No hard 3d here, some mildly aggressive sport flying, no issues.
Muskoka1 is offline Find More Posts by Muskoka1
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
fly 1 day, repair the next 3
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
163 Posts
Lol, pops was solid. You could have cut his head off and he wouldn't have moved. Let's fly tomorrow marsh road.
Myko is offline Find More Posts by Myko
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Hi guys..
I tried cross flashing my cx 3x1000 with the tarot firmware. Now it wont turn back on. Get no lights. It said it complete successfully. Ive also tryed going back to cx firmware and the same thing. No lights. Is it stuffed?
cam80 is offline Find More Posts by cam80
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:18 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myko View Post
Lol, pops was solid. You could have cut his head off and he wouldn't have moved. Let's fly tomorrow marsh road.
Haha yeah he was solid.. Sounds great Marsh road works for me.. Haven't flown there yet.. We need to get your pops heli going
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam80 View Post
Hi guys..
I tried cross flashing my cx 3x1000 with the tarot firmware. Now it wont turn back on. Get no lights. It said it complete successfully. Ive also tryed going back to cx firmware and the same thing. No lights. Is it stuffed?
Try flashing the CX firmware again using John_NZ's PC app v1.22 from fbl.net.nz
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
Try flashing the CX firmware again using John_NZ's PC app v1.22 from fbl.net.nz
Thx DR M.

I've been using johns software v1.22 the whole time. I;ve flashed it a few times now.
I did once get a solid blue light but the servo didnt work nor could i connect to the pc software
Last edited by cam80; Dec 13, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam80 View Post
Hi guys..
I had a heck of a time cross-flashing one of my CX's too, but managed to get it working in the end. Try re-flashing the firmware, even though it said it had completed. For some reason on mine, by the time all the blue blocks in the progress bar had filled, there were still about 100 steps left to transfer, so I made a point of giving it plenty of time to finish.

Good luck!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
Thx 2Doggs.
I did notice that and did leave it longer after one of the flashes. Good point. I will try leaving it a lot long and see. Fingers Cross.