Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91awdTalon View Post
Me and a buddy ordered these for the cyclic on our 450's.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=242

I decided to try the copterx gyro this time, I had really good luck with the cx-1x1000 and figured I'd give their 3 axis a shot.

Will report back with some feedback whenever the rest of my stuff shows up from the slooowww boat. Still waiting on the gyro and a tarot DFC head.
The spec on those servos looks good - lots of torque, and decent speed at 6v. Hope they work out - they could be candidates for the new best cheap digital 450 servo.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:36 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,853 Posts
Quote:
Me and a buddy ordered these for the cyclic on our 450's.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=242

I decided to try the copterx gyro this time, I had really good luck with the cx-1x1000 and figured I'd give their 3 axis a shot.

Will report back with some feedback whenever the rest of my stuff shows up from the slooowww boat. Still waiting on the gyro and a tarot DFC head.
Looks like another rebadged eMax servo (ES08MD with weird output splines), and I don't believe for a second, the torque figures quoted (unless it is much slower than they state). I personally wouldn't buy them.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Dec 12, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:55 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
116 Posts
Well we'll see what happens. My buddy talked to the guy that works at epbuddy and he seemed to be pretty confident about these servos performing. I'm no 3D pro, but we'll see what happens with my aggressive sport flying "mild 3D".

Worse case scenario they don't work and I'll just buy a nice set of hitec digitals, and the rest of the community here will know to stay away from these.
91awdTalon is online now Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:15 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,853 Posts
Sorry, I shouldn't knock something before it's been tried. I think I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I'll look forward to hearing about what you think of them.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
I have both the more powerful MG90 on my flybarless 450 and they work great. I have the MG90S on another helicopter and they work great too. The Hitech 65 is a much better servo,however.

I have some white Hobbyking digital metal gear servos That look promising, but I dont have them on a helicopter yet.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5kg_0_08s.html
I have one of those on the tail of my 450 Airwolf.
Going to say it gives my tail allot of snap to it and holds pretty good to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Heart
I got 4 of these to test on my 450. They came in a simple Clear plastic Baggy with only 3 servo horns 2 mounting screws and one horn screw. The servo horns are a little on the flex able side but don't break very easy. the holes are small and you well need to make them a little bigger to mount link balls to them. the servo has a Nice case that is fairly sturdy and wont break on a light crash as some of the others I have tested. There is no bearings or bushings in the top so well have to wait and see how long it well take to wear threw. The output shaft is very short only at 2.7mm tall. They center very well on the bench. On the inside they are all metal gears not just the output gear so they should last a little while. You may want to add a little hot glue to the wires to releave some of there stress because they are small. you well also want to add a little more grease to the gears because there is not allot on them at all so the sound a little grindy in motion. when not in motion they are steady and do not chatter at all. The speeds I have not tested so can not say for sure but they are fairly fast. They have a 175mm leads on them so should not have any problems using them on cyclic. for Rating
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I have the MKS DS-8910A+ on one of my 450s and it holds the tail very well. It feels more crisp than the Futaba S9257 when doing light 3D.
I also have the Spektrum H3000s on the cyclic, and they work well also. I believe they are the same as the Savox SH-0257MG.

My other 450s have HS-65MGs and Futaba S9257. And they fly fine also.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Dec 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:39 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Sorry, I shouldn't knock something before it's been tried. I think I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

No biggie man! I actually cringed after you said that, I've tried my fair share of junk and been burned, but you never know, these might be decent. You can be sure I'll give an honest opinion of them though!
91awdTalon is online now Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
Last edited by 91awdTalon; Dec 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:02 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, Windsor
Joined Oct 2011
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

Finally got some decent flying weather been a while since I flown my 450 dfc with the ZYXS got some new RJX 450 FBL blades figured I'd give them a toss around they fly nice wakes up the ZYXS but are so loud on my 6s bird lol

Trex 450 Pro DFC ZYXS FBL 6s (2 min 51 sec)

It's been a while hope all is well and thanks again on all the great advice and helping me get this bird flying the way she does... Couldn't of done it without all your help answering all my newbie questions in PMs lol

Thanks again beenflying

Happy flying
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Dec 13, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:19 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
has anyone tried these servos, with any success?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

nice flying f.a.r.m.e.r looks good.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:30 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,853 Posts
Quote:
No biggie man! I actually cringed after you said that, I've tried my fair share of junk and been burned, but you never know, these might be decent. You can be sure I'll give an honest opinion of them though!
That would be good. Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post

Is the torque spec enough for 450 flybarless? Anyone can share the torque requirement for the flybarless 450?
rchobbyfly is offline Find More Posts by rchobbyfly
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:45 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Finally got some decent flying weather been a while since I flown my 450 dfc with the ZYXS got some new RJX 450 FBL blades figured I'd give them a toss around
Jeesh, be careful (2:39). It's not a micro T-28 or Champ. I sure you realize that.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:00 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Finally got some decent flying weather been a while since I flown my 450 dfc with the ZYXS got some new RJX 450 FBL blades figured I'd give them a toss around they fly nice wakes up the ZYXS but are so loud on my 6s bird lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUkj...e_gdata_player

It's been a while hope all is well and thanks again on all the great advice and helping me get this bird flying the way she does... Couldn't of done it without all your help answering all my newbie questions in PMs lol

Thanks again beenflying

Farmer
Hi Farmer. It was definitely worth it to get to see a nice flying heli like that.

Hehe, love the sound of those blades. Yeah, they're very light for FBL blades. I hope they can continue to take that punishment.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:16 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchobbyfly View Post
Is the torque spec enough for 450 flybarless? Anyone can share the torque requirement for the flybarless 450?
Definitely on the light side, I would say. Probably 2kg+ would be better for FBL.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:14 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post

They work well for me. Do have a little rocking slop on the output spline. They often strip gears in mishap. After i broke them I transferred the internals to a Hxt900 and still use them that way.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman