SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:26 PM
Crashing RC Helis for 26 years
Chicagoland Area
Joined Oct 2008
45 Posts
Hi,
I put the Tarot zyx-s into my t-rex 450 with an Orange 6ch receiver. All was well during the test flight. When I went to power the helicopter back on for a second flight, the Tarot never finished the self test, all three lights light up and stay on, and the servos don't turn on. So I saw that if all three lights are lit it means the gyro isn't getting signal from the rx. I replaced the rx with a new one, same thing. I happened to buy two Tarots, so I put the second one in, and again all was well through the first flight. But when turning back on, again all three lights light, and no servos. The tarot will only partially sync with the software, and only after holding down the reset button until the blue light stays steady, but the servos still won't move. Anyone have a similar experience or know what is going wrong here?
Thanks for your help,
-Rich
evilchopper is offline Find More Posts by evilchopper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:34 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,456 Posts
So you tried two Rx's and two ZYX units and had the same fault appear on both, and the same problem tried to connect via the link. I would be inclined to have a good look at your Tx. The ZYX receives its signal from the Rx which in turn takes instruction from the Tx. It sure sounds like the Tx is at fault to me, probably not transmitting a signal.
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:13 PM
Chicagoland Area
Joined Oct 2008
45 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The tx binds to the rx, and the throttle (esc) does work, but none of the servos. The tx also works with all my other helis.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:31 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
939 Posts
What TX are you using?
I'm using a orange 9ch with a DX8
Not had not trouble with it only problem I had was me
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:36 PM
Chicagoland Area
Joined Oct 2008
45 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I'm using a Spektrum DX-7
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:43 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
939 Posts
Did you buy chance try to rebind TX-RX?
also make sure your not changing models in the TX.
when You energize the heli you have it on solid ground and not moving it or shacking it?
I have noticed some times it well take a little longer then others for the gyro to lock in but it always does as long as I don't move it.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:50 PM
almost hovering
United States, FL, Homestead
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
Connect to computer and check that all channels are ok in the setup->monitor menu.

Also have you try to turn on without none of the servo connected?
r3dskull is offline Find More Posts by r3dskull
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:53 PM
Chicagoland Area
Joined Oct 2008
45 Posts
I just rebound the tx and rx. The rx still binds, but the gyro still displays all three lights steady, no servo response. The throttle, (esc) still works. The heli is motionless on the table as I plug in the power.
I can press the reset button, and the green light will flash 3 times, the blue light blinks once, the tail servo moves, then the blue light goes solid, but still no servo response.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
Chicagoland Area
Joined Oct 2008
45 Posts
The gyro will not connect to the PC s/w when all three lights are lit. After I press the reset button, and the blue solid light is on, it will connect to the PC s/w (as indicated by the three green lit buttons in the top left corner of the s/w interface), but still no servo response, and in the setup screen in the PC s/w under the monitor tab, there is no functionality, usually u can move the sticks and the PC s/w indicates the movement.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:02 PM
Chicagoland Area
Joined Oct 2008
45 Posts
Just tried everything without the servos connected, same result
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:55 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
I'm having a problem with my directions. Only with pitch.when on the computer all sliders are correct except pitch. When I reverse it on my dx6i all the other servos get screwed up and I can't reverse the in the transmitter because then the respective sliders for those channels will be reversed..... What do I do?
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:25 PM
almost hovering
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchopper View Post
Just tried everything without the servos connected, same result
Connect to computer by pressing reset button on gyro, hit reset all on software, close software and open again and connect (don't power off gyro) and then check monitor on software.

Conventional receiver is the default option for the gyro after reset, if you don't see any movement on monitor there may be a problem on the cabling between gyro and rx
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:30 PM
almost hovering
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981 View Post
I'm having a problem with my directions. Only with pitch.when on the computer all sliders are correct except pitch. When I reverse it on my dx6i all the other servos get screwed up and I can't reverse the in the transmitter because then the respective sliders for those channels will be reversed..... What do I do?
I normally reverse everything on the TX until I get all channels ok in monitor on software.

After that change reverse of servos in gyro setup until you get them right, if pitch is moving reverse don't worry set pitch travel with a negative value on gyro setup.

Supposedly you can play with any combination of reverse of TX and servo reverse to get everything working.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:09 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,824 Posts
TX model memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dskull View Post
I normally reverse everything on the TX until I get all channels ok in monitor on software.

After that change reverse of servos in gyro setup until you get them right, if pitch is moving reverse don't worry set pitch travel with a negative value on gyro setup.

Supposedly you can play with any combination of reverse of TX and servo reverse to get everything working.
I normally do the opposite! I have all the servos set to normal in my TX, so that I can use the same TX model memory to fly both my 450's, which have different servo reversing etc in the controller.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dskull View Post

So can I just keep the pitch slider moving in the opposite direction on the screen and not have any problems?
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981