SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:26 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
New to Fbl

So my new zyx-s should be here n e day. I don't know where to start and this thread is way to long to read all the posts. I am still new to the hobby and just got flybar down...... I am going to install it on my 450 until I know what I am doing than put it on my 550. Where do I begin???? I will be using the pc for now until I get more noney up for the lcd...... All help is greatly appreciated. I just need help getting it ready for sport flying. No 3d. Thanks!!!
Jeff
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:21 PM
Malaysian Flier
Selangor, Malaysia
Joined Jan 2008
241 Posts
putting back my tarot zyx into my tarot pro 450. so long since last flew it flybarless.
based on current setup with upgraded cyclic servo : KST DS115MG
zhnme523 is offline Find More Posts by zhnme523
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:28 AM
SoCal
Zr_Flyer's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981 View Post
So my new zyx-s should be here n e day. I don't know where to start and this thread is way to long to read all the posts. I am still new to the hobby and just got flybar down...... I am going to install it on my 450 until I know what I am doing than put it on my 550. Where do I begin???? I will be using the pc for now until I get more noney up for the lcd...... All help is greatly appreciated. I just need help getting it ready for sport flying. No 3d. Thanks!!!
Jeff
Check out sgbfly's video's http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2311
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:25 AM
Moving Parts
ChopperJack's Avatar
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
I used ZYX3.0EN to program my ZYX-S for most basic default settings. Only slight tweaks after that. This should get you off the ground into a hover so you can branch out from there.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:16 AM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm building a 450 fbl using a tarot zyx and walkera rx802 with a devo7.
I'm trying to set it up, but for some reason I really can't understand... I can't get the swashplate to move correctly. It seems I'm having a strange mix up aileron elevator. This is my first real build, so of course I'm the one to be blamed, but is there anyone there who could post devo tx settings for a 450 fbl and the wirings between rx802 and
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:44 AM
Head in the clouds
nascar1929's Avatar
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Hey guys,
I'm building a 450 fbl using a tarot zyx and walkera rx802 with a devo7.
I'm trying to set it up, but for some reason I really can't understand... I can't get the swashplate to move correctly. It seems I'm having a strange mix up aileron elevator. This is my first real build, so of course I'm the one to be blamed, but is there anyone there who could post devo tx settings for a 450 fbl and the wirings between rx802 and
I have a thread on the 450 Pro FBL using the ZYX and RX802. Might be helpful to you.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=442073

Sounds like you need to go under the Collective Pitch tab in the software and set your pitch to a negative value. I used -65 on mine. This should get your swash working correctly.
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Last edited by nascar1929; Oct 05, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:10 AM
just gotta mess with it!
2Doggs's Avatar
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
5,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asp View Post
Hey guys,
I'm building a 450 fbl using a tarot zyx and walkera rx802 with a devo7.
I'm trying to set it up, but for some reason I really can't understand... I can't get the swashplate to move correctly. It seems I'm having a strange mix up aileron elevator. This is my first real build, so of course I'm the one to be blamed, but is there anyone there who could post devo tx settings for a 450 fbl and the wirings between rx802 and
Double check the connection of the gyro and servo leads to your RX and ZYX. It's very easy to get them plugged in wrongly, which would mix up the control responses.

On the Walkera RX,

CH1 = elevator
CH2 = aileron
CH3 = throttle (esc)
CH4 = rudder
AUX1 = pitch (collective)

and for gyro gain you can either use CH5 or AUX2.

Also check your servo leads into the ZYX. Note that on the ZYX, elevator is CH3, and the aileron servos are CH1 and CH2.

Good luck!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:34 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Tarot ZYX-S in a Blade 400 ,Hitec hS65MG cyclic ,Hitec 5084 MG on tail. I am a sports (big air)flyer and have logged 10 great flights. Love piro compensation and a tail that is extremly well behaved. I only had to add 7 Cyclic to tail to keep nose from turning left a bit during hard punch out there is the lest bit of wag during such punch outs but then the Blade 400 is well known for having tail issues. This is by far the best it has ever flown.


Charles
The 400 is not known for tail problems though.Many beginners just choose Blade400 and struggle either with the original gyro or it's setup. I've seen plenty of Blades that had a great tail hold when using a good gyro or clean setup.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
Zyx-s and HK Orange Sat RX

Anyone got the Zyx-s working with HK Orange Sat Rx and is using latest firmware? I am planning to get the latest Zyx-s along with Zyx Sat cable for Specktrum.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:45 AM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
I have a thread on the 450 Pro FBL using the ZYX and RX802. Might be helpful to you.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=442073

Sounds like you need to go under the Collective Pitch tab in the software and set your pitch to a negative value. I used -65 on mine. This should get your swash working correctly.
Thanks a lot. I'll try that.
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:45 AM
asp
Registered User
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Double check the connection of the gyro and servo leads to your RX and ZYX. It's very easy to get them plugged in wrongly, which would mix up the control responses.

On the Walkera RX,

CH1 = elevator
CH2 = aileron
CH3 = throttle (esc)
CH4 = rudder
AUX1 = pitch (collective)

and for gyro gain you can either use CH5 or AUX2.



Also check your servo leads into the ZYX. Note that on the ZYX, elevator is CH3, and the aileron servos are CH1 and CH2.

Good luck!

I'm checking all this, thanks a lot
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:25 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Anyone got the Zyx-s working with HK Orange Sat Rx and is using latest firmware? I am planning to get the latest Zyx-s along with Zyx Sat cable for Specktrum.
That is the setup I was planning on using.... I hope it works otherwise im goung to be pretty disappointed...
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:16 PM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
The 400 is not known for tail problems though.Many beginners just choose Blade400 and struggle either with the original gyro or it's setup. I've seen plenty of Blades that had a great tail hold when using a good gyro or clean setup.
So you have a Blade 400 with hundreds of flights with no tail issues?

Sorry but I have had one for 4 years. I have had the original sucky E flite gyro , a 401 and a Spartan Gold on the tail with several fairly expensive tail servos and the tail never held great and the tail case bearing never last over around 40 flights and no I do not run the belt to tight and I have tried several brands of upgrade bearings.

FYI I first flew helis back in the very early days of the Concept 30 ,ended up with two of them a Kalt Cyclon 50 and a Kalt whisper . I learned how to set uo helis mostly from Ray' Complete Helicopter Manual . That would be Ray Hosterler who wrote the Hover colum for RCM from March 1986 to Jan. 1990.

My Blade 400 is flying beter than it ever has but simple fact is it still is not as solid as my 450 . Sometimes after a front flip the 400's tail will swing to the left ( nose right) 90 degrees. Only does it about ever six or so back flips. Tail on 450 is IMO much stronger / positive ,better enginered , better everthing.


Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:07 PM
Leonairo
Amsterdam Schiphol, Netherlands
Joined Jun 2004
26 Posts
Anyone tried to use these 3 Axis gyro on a fourbladed head ?

I have a HK 500 and bought a CopterX CX500-01-15 four bladed rotorhead because i also have a Just heli EC145 fuselage.

Flying with this head is possible but i prefere some assistance to keep this bird safe from a crash thats why i looked at these Tarot gyro.
Leonairo is offline Find More Posts by Leonairo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:38 AM
Registered User
Dr.M's Avatar
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
There's no reason why it wouldn't work with a multi bladed rotor the same as it does with 2 blades.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New ALZRC 3GYS Flybarless System beenflying Mini Helis 644 Dec 07, 2012 05:44 AM
Found Tarot 450 or like, long flybarless feather shafts TubeBarHeli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 25, 2011 02:13 PM
For Sale New Align 3G Flybarless System V2.1 ptt81 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jun 06, 2011 05:55 PM
For Sale New 2 cell esc &motor FBL 4g6 spektromized DSM2 spektrum Sat URondo Flybarless system blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 31, 2011 07:09 PM
Discussion Tarot Flybarless avengedkevinfold Electric Heli Talk 1 May 04, 2011 05:46 AM