SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:45 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi View Post
From 2:40. you can see at 3 occasions the pitch up uncontrolled. FFF into strong wing. Definitely something wrong with v3.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPPIQF2wif8&feature=plcp
Yes, that's the issue.

It's a shame we can't get some feedback from Tarot on this...

S
sgbfly is offline Find More Posts by sgbfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:17 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Help with Optic 6 sport and tarot

Hi, i got an optic 6 sport transmitter and im a bit lost, ive noticed i should not do swashplate mixing on the reciver but just let tarot do all the mixing.
The problem is that when choosing heli mode with the tranciver it is standard 90 or 120 swashplate mix, you cant get away not choosing one.

so i guess i have to run the transmitter in acro mode so the transmitter doesent mix the swashplate?

i will be thankfull for answers
alrik21 is offline Find More Posts by alrik21
Last edited by alrik21; Oct 02, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:15 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
It won't cause servos to slow down for sure, just less max throws when using D/R. The bench testing without spinning the head is not a good test for all of this. Expo might make the initial response a bit slower before movement really kicks in but with fbl we can use as much agility as possible, something best achieved through 100% throws and proper mechanical setup.

The pitching up issue could easily have to do with a jump in pitch creating too much torque to handle. But it still sounds like something that should be fixable. Not sure about v3.5 though, so far I've not felt the need to update. And the FFF issue is not something I'd want (not saying there's no issue).
Sorry but I very strongly disagree with your comments in the first paragraph and my question had been answered and I had responded here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5301

Your second paragraph about pitch up in FFF must have been in responce too another post.

For those who have a difficult time following my D/R FBL question may I suggest you take your Tx and set D/R at say 30% and observe the servo travel speeds at 100% and at 30% using the same Expo. setting .
I am not refering to the Expo softening uip around center I am refering to the servo's speed when stick is at the extremes and switched for 100% and 30% Travel not Expo.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Oct 02, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:23 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,664 Posts
Deleted

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Oct 02, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:39 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Never really had anything like that happen with two 450 & two 500s all with ZYX, ZYX-S and 3.50. I have seen 450s get twitchy in elevator at very high speeds, say at the top speed of a 450 after a dive with lots of collective, but nothing like the video. It's more of an overcorrection on my part I think.
Most likely you're not getting this problem because you're using either a different pitch range or much better servos. I'm not yet convinced that this is some sort of bug.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:45 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Choopie that violent climb up is not from you? its doing it on its own? dang..
On its own, yes. Good thing that it is not pitch down!
choopi is online now Find More Posts by choopi
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:03 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,167 Posts
Gaui 200

Anyone setup this FBL with Gaui 200 and any issues and setup information?

I have Hobbyking Sat RX so thinking of getting Zyx-S.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:30 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,092 Posts
I had been slightly sceptical about the notorious 3.5 issue - until I managed to re-create it earlier . I flashed with the 3.5 software when it first came out and had not had any problems at all. I popped out earlier to fly a few batteries and managed to re-create it on my 3rd battery.

It is windy here today - a constant strong wind (probably 15mph) with sudden gusts up to about 25mph - the little 450 was doing a sterling job in handling it - bobbing up and down a lot and a bit of nose-up into the wind, but fine, I was coming out of big loops into the wind no problem. To get the problem I was running very fast into the wind, heli angled nose-down about 30 degrees, lots of throttle (so already a fight between pitch and collective) and 3 times when I got a very heavy gust she went into a very suddenly upwards trajectory (with a distinct bogging sound) - it was as if there was a fight between the heli fighting to keep it's nose down (due to the angle of the cyclic) and then the suddenly gust of wind got under the front of the disk and flipped it up.

I had to work hard to get it to happen and I can't say that it wouldn't have happened with the previous firmware - I think that I created the "perfect storm" for it to happen (high speed run into wind, sudden gust flipping the nose up).

I will carry on using the 3.5 firmware as the other benefits that it gave are well worth having IMHO, and I will just avoid creating the perfect storm (it's not how I usually fly) - just doing big loops and flips plus circuits was fine.

By the way - Tarot 450 Pro, with Savox 0257 servos (same as DS410M) and non-FBL blades
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:27 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,053 Posts
Do we have a way to tell Tarot about this issue -do you think they monitor this thread?

Should several people send the e-mails via the "contact us" area on their website?
fpainter3 is online now Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:31 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,167 Posts
What is a cheap working sets of cylic and tail servos for Gaui 200 and ZYX?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:51 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
What is a cheap working sets of cylic and tail servos for Gaui 200 and ZYX?
OK, I'm not sure if these could be considered cheap and I'm not sure about the most desirable servo specs for the Gaui 200. But, assuming micro servos all-round:

Cyclic - Ino-Lab HGD-202HB

Tail - Ino-Lab HGD-201HB

You would not be disappointed with how well they perform with the zyx! Log in for the best prices (about $18 each).

S
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:05 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Thanks for all the help! Sgbfly your videos were very helpful.

My heli flew like a champ on my first attempt, un-fortunately was I so shakey and nervous I freaked out and botched a landing. ( wasn't smart to try to land where I was also ). Oh well its all fixed up in about 10minutes just waiting on some new landing skids.

Edit: Oh on dual rates, I turned mine down to 70% for my first 450 flight and hated it. felt really laggy? felt like I had to move the sticks a lot was freaking me out how much I was moving them.

http://youtu.be/0hKUWnT-MQs
Glad they were useful

What a great first take off and hover. Looks beautifully stable

Sorry to see the landing with complications at the end

S
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:11 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfly View Post
OK, I'm not sure if these could be considered cheap and I'm not sure about the most desirable servo specs for the Gaui 200. But, assuming micro servos all-round:

Cyclic - Ino-Lab HGD-202HB

Tail - Ino-Lab HGD-201HB

You would not be disappointed with how well they perform with the zyx! Log in for the best prices (about $18 each).

S
Thanks alot, I'll check them out.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:17 AM
Nottinghamshire, UK
Joined Dec 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
I had been slightly sceptical about the notorious 3.5 issue - until I managed to re-create it earlier . I flashed with the 3.5 software when it first came out and had not had any problems at all. I popped out earlier to fly a few batteries and managed to re-create it on my 3rd battery.

It is windy here today - a constant strong wind (probably 15mph) with sudden gusts up to about 25mph - the little 450 was doing a sterling job in handling it - bobbing up and down a lot and a bit of nose-up into the wind, but fine, I was coming out of big loops into the wind no problem. To get the problem I was running very fast into the wind, heli angled nose-down about 30 degrees, lots of throttle (so already a fight between pitch and collective) and 3 times when I got a very heavy gust she went into a very suddenly upwards trajectory (with a distinct bogging sound) - it was as if there was a fight between the heli fighting to keep it's nose down (due to the angle of the cyclic) and then the suddenly gust of wind got under the front of the disk and flipped it up.

I had to work hard to get it to happen and I can't say that it wouldn't have happened with the previous firmware - I think that I created the "perfect storm" for it to happen (high speed run into wind, sudden gust flipping the nose up).

I will carry on using the 3.5 firmware as the other benefits that it gave are well worth having IMHO, and I will just avoid creating the perfect storm (it's not how I usually fly) - just doing big loops and flips plus circuits was fine.

By the way - Tarot 450 Pro, with Savox 0257 servos (same as DS410M) and non-FBL blades
Yes it is a tad breezy today

Ripe conditions for the FFF issue. I'm confident it would not have happened with firmware v1.01 & 2.5, but I agree that there are improvements in v3.5 that counterbalance the negatives.

S
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:03 AM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
I'm still using the 3.02 version. Should I upgrade to the 3.50? I'm still learning to fly at faster speeds and working into loops. Didn't know if there would be any noticeable advantages in stability or tail hold. It currently flies fine as it is.

By the way Simon, thank you very much for your ZYX setup video's. They were a tremendous help for me with my first 450 build and first time having to program a gyro. You made it very easy to follow and understand. Excellent work! Off topic.....How close is Nottinghamshire to Lakenheath AB? I lived over there across the pond in a little town called Brandon for 3 years while I was in the USAF. Had a great time over there and wish I still had my 1968 Mini Clubman. Had to take the front seat out to drive it since I'm 6'5" tall and got all kinds of funny looks!
nascar1929 is offline Find More Posts by nascar1929
Last edited by nascar1929; Oct 02, 2012 at 11:11 AM.