Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:38 AM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,066 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a main gear case and one-way bearing spacer for my Tarot 450 Pro V2? I can't find them anywhere.
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
412 Posts
Does it have to be tarot brand?

Amain hobbies has them for the Align which should work I would think.
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:06 AM
AMA Member # 458448
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,205 Posts
Yes, they are compatible with each others.
lcc014 is offline Find More Posts by lcc014
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
Philippines, NCR, Taguig
Joined Aug 2011
107 Posts
One-way Bearing Shaft Collar (Ring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar1929 View Post
Anyone know where I can get a main gear case and one-way bearing spacer for my Tarot 450 Pro V2? I can't find them anywhere.
It's available at Infinity Hobby, link here.

EDIT: Missed the main gear case.
Arey is offline Find More Posts by Arey
Last edited by Arey; Sep 29, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:19 PM
Head in the clouds
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Jan 2012
1,066 Posts
Thanks for the help. I had a tough time searching those 2 parts for some reason. Sure would be nice if the one way bearing collar would come with the main gear case as a set.
nascar1929 is online now Find More Posts by nascar1929
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
The one way bearing cover is one of the pieces I always swap out for an Align part in my clones. I seem to get a better fit onto the (Align) mainshaft that way, and in governor mode, the clone mainshaft covers wear out pretty quickly too.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
412 Posts
I was looking for these as backups and found the entire assembly with gears on ebay... I never ordered one ( china ) They were align brand when I looked
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfly View Post
A quick update on the FFF nose-up problem

I've not had much chance to fly due to bad weather but today it relented.

I'm trying high cyclic gains. 70 overall and 80-100-30 PID. I completed a backflip, roll and some simple circuits with no issues. Onto FFF into the wind and this was interesting. At the point where the helicopter may well have previously done it's magic abrupt nose-up trick a mild shake set in. This was not the wet dog shakes across the aileron axis but very similar across the elevator axis. It was not hard to control and the heli was returned safely to ground.

I'm going to try lowering the overall gain to 60 and see what happens. If that is a bust then I'll raise the gains and experiment with reducing the D-gain.

Simon

Edit: Scratch all that - it's a bust. The shakes and pitch-up can occur one without the other or both at the same time in vFFF into the wind. Video later
In respect to the nose pitch up in FFF, I have just read on another forum a similar problem, where the ZYX equipped heli would become very pitch sensitive in FFF, however in a different situation, the two could be very well associated but may be a route to an answer.
His problem only occured in FFF but he did not report that the heli did the command itself. He reported that condition made the heli super sensitive to a pitch input i.e a small input made a large change of movement to the heli, So my question is are you by any chance putting small pressure on the elevator stick without realising it? Or have you got a dicky pot on the TX that puts in a slight elevator response around the centre. These are just suggestions by the way as I can tell you are pretty meticulous in your build and test procedures and would not want to upset you in any way.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jun 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
In respect to the nose pitch up in FFF, I have just read on another forum a similar problem, where the ZYX equipped heli would become very pitch sensitive in FFF, however in a different situation, the two could be very well associated but may be a route to an answer.
His problem only occured in FFF but he did not report that the heli did the command itself. He reported that condition made the heli super sensitive to a pitch input i.e a small input made a large change of movement to the heli, So my question is are you by any chance putting small pressure on the elevator stick without realising it? Or have you got a dicky pot on the TX that puts in a slight elevator response around the centre. These are just suggestions by the way as I can tell you are pretty meticulous in your build and test procedures and would not want to upset you in any way.
Given the same heli with previous firmware does not have the issue I can't see how any of your suggestions might apply in this case.

I have 2 tarot 450 pro v2's with zyx and same cyclic servos... one with 3.5 and one with the previous version. 3.5 heli has the problem the other one does not, flying them back to back with the same settings.

Jonesy
ahamay is offline Find More Posts by ahamay
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:44 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
Mechanical?

My HK450 Pro was flying great, with no pitch up in FFF. (with a CX3x1000, original firmware) After a crash and rebuild, however, it started to pitch up. That really spoiled the feel of the heli, making stall turns with hard pull-outs much trickier. After the next crash, I installed new servos (Align DS410's) and the pitch up was gone.

So I believe there are also mechanical factors involved.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
Given the same heli with previous firmware does not have the issue I can't see how any of your suggestions might apply in this case.

I have 2 tarot 450 pro v2's with zyx and same cyclic servos... one with 3.5 and one with the previous version. 3.5 heli has the problem the other one does not, flying them back to back with the same settings.

Jonesy
Just a suggestion, I am pretty pleased with mine it flies ok and doesn't pitch up, so it may be worth looking for other paths but anyway hope you get yours sorted either by changing the firmware or by other means.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
What's the rule of thumb regarding cyclic gains? Are these normally set lower for bigger birds compared to smaller ones; or, is it the opposite? Just wondering if there is any difference.

I have one setup in my 450-size and doing well. Now, I am setting up one for my 640-size.

Any input will be appreciated.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
What's the rule of thumb regarding cyclic gains? Are these normally set lower for bigger birds compared to smaller ones; or, is it the opposite? Just wondering if there is any difference.

I have one setup in my 450-size and doing well. Now, I am setting up one for my 640-size.

Any input will be appreciated.
There's definitely a little bit more to it as bigger birds also involve much higher torque which generally require a higher mechanical gain actually, but with headspeeds that are generally much lower on the bigger birds, you should get away with somewhat higher gyro gains. Ideally the gyro values really should still be in the same ballpark though.

And regardless, all this still doesn't mean you should dial in something high straight away. :-)

As a true rule of thumb, always start low and increase the gains from there. The bigger the bird, the less you should want to risk any kind of too high gain related issues. A lot also depends on what type or brand of gyro we're talking about.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
I am refering to the ZYX-S gyro. My tail is good except for the swash which seems to be a little slippery feel than it is in my 450.

Thanks for the input. I'll try so increase the PID settings little at time. Yes I would imagine that a gyro gain related shake will be riskier in bigger birds.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Jul 2004
95 Posts
My value hobby B grade Tarot is finished. Unfortunately, I could not get the Futaba S-Bus working, so I am using a HK Frsky non S-Bus FASST compatible receiver. It would have been a sweet setup with only the S-Bus cable between the receiver and fbl unit instead of the mass of wires going everywhere .

The ZYX-S is set up with the beginner defaults. I only hovered to see how it did. It did not crash so I think the beginning of this journey is off to a good start. Now I need to tidy up the wiring and I guess I need to read up on PIDs...
lordsirob is offline Find More Posts by lordsirob